paganism and Birth Control

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Fires Mistress

Re: paganism and Birth Control

Post by Fires Mistress »

I never gave this much thought until now. I know what most organized religions think about birth control and I never cared for it. I know several people that are on it for the hormones or to help with other issues. I do feel if someone wants to be on birth control, they should be able to use it. No one else should be able to tell me what to do with my body unless it is causing great harm.
Melindrose

Post by Melindrose »

flowersofthelady wrote:ooohhh dont get me started on that lol!

i was just wondering if anyone on here thought that perhaps birth control was un natural or even go as far as to say preventing life is wrong or something.

personally i wont go near the artificial means of BC because i tried the pill once and it turned my psycho! never again, im very wary of them all now. so i go for a natural method.
its vey nice that everyone says "your body your choice" which is how it should be i think!

i do think religion has a part to play though, as it is life and death. my beliefs probably would affect my decisions on BC if i hadnt already decided to go the natural way before i returned to me path.
Have you thought about the shot I have a friend who the pill does the same thing but the shot doesn't and it's good for like 2-3 months or so.
skyslide

Post by skyslide »

I think it better be okay because I am not giving up my Beyaz hormonal pill. Haha.
flowersofthelady

Post by flowersofthelady »

Have you thought about the shot I have a friend who the pill does the same thing but the shot doesn't and it's good for like 2-3 months or so.
thanks! but i wouldnt risk it, neither would my hubby. the ones we have here last 6 months and i cant risk being stuck like that for 6 months until it wears off! will just stick to the natural stuff, its what i would prefer anyway even if i didnt get terrible side effects.
Zili

Post by Zili »

Like others have said your body your choice

Do what you think is best for you.
My boyfriend and I don't use protection (duh he didn't use protection with his ex and that's why he has 17 month old son.)
He like many males can't keep an erection with a condom, and my body reacts poorly with the pill. I went on the pill for a month and it was supposed to make my endometriosis hurt less during my period but it make the cramps 3 times worse my period twice as heavy (i'm already a heavy flow on average) and twice as long. So we said screw it and use the pull out method...

Only he didn't get out on time a while back and we didn't know I was pregnant until I miscarried at a month. Obviously both the pill and pull out methods are flawed for me so I've chosen to take the "lesser of two evils." and remain off the pill. My endometriosis is apparently so severe that carrying to term is most likely 100% impossible for me. While it hurt emotionally to lose a baby, i had 3 days of physical pain compared to two weeks.
Ula

Post by Ula »

ANY choice a women makes with her doctor is hers. I would rather see someone on birth control then need to have an abortion. Though the latter is not my business either.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”