Do you think it is important?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
barefaced_mama

Do you think it is important?

Post by barefaced_mama »

Do you think it is important for those of us that choose the pagan path to read materials like the Qabalah, Quran, or texts on mythology? I feel like reading these texts might give me a better understanding of where paganism draws alot of their aspects like the tree of life, the four elements, etc. If I can understand the history behind everything, I believe it could possibly give me a better grip on my craft. I have read tons of mythology between Celtic lore and Roman/Greek mythology. I think I will be taking on the Qabalah next.
FireQueen

Re: Do you think it is important?

Post by FireQueen »

Absolutely agree that being widely read is definitely a plus. :)

Brightest blessings.
No one in the world can alter truth. All we can do is seek it and live it.
Greek_Male_Witch

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

I think that all religion stole from Paganism, but yes Knowledge is power! :)
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
Black_Tail
Banned Member

Post by Black_Tail »

Greek_Male_Witch wrote:I think that all religion stole from Paganism, but yes Knowledge is power! :)
There are a lot of pagans that think this way, and its not really true. I'm not saying that certain things or generals things weren't taken from paganism. Think of it this way, at one time Judaism, Christianity, Muslim, and Hinduism were pagan because they all have starting points. Its good to be well read and knowledge able, not only to broaden your mind but your heart too.
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

I think it is a pagan’s duty to read as many sacred texts from other cultures. I also think it is a duty of all humans. As a both human and pagan, I draw from many different religions. It is like hearing two sides of the same story, you have to use your reasoning skills to throw away the crap and find the truths. Wicca does not have all the answers, neither does Hindu, Islam, Judaism, or Christianity. But they all have elements of truth.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”