ideas for book of shadows

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Kitty

ideas for book of shadows

Post by Kitty »

so I'm pretty much all ouut of ideas - I like my BOS to look pretty but I've run out of stuff to use and I'm way too artistically challenged to attempt to draw myself haha

does anyone know anywhere with nice images, symbols, borders, backgrounds, frames, title pages etc, possibly of a 'witchy' nature ?
also if anyone has any ideas of how else to make it nice I'd love to hear them :)

thankyou xx
Black_Tail
Banned Member

Re: ideas for book of shadows

Post by Black_Tail »

Look on deviantart.com and google.
barefaced_mama

Post by barefaced_mama »

What about using pressed leaves, herbs or flowers?
You could also print off symbols, runes, or pictures that mean something to you. Or you could use cardstock and stamps to decorate.
Ses

Post by Ses »

You could also get a design, cut it out and use it as a stencil to create images instead of sticking bits of paper on
I am who I am because of what I have done - Niall Gallagher
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I'm loving the idea of pressed flowers etc - does anyone know if there's a way to get them in without using plasticy stuff
would glue work for most ?
Ses

Post by Ses »

Glue should work. You could always stick them on then use a plastic covering to protect them incase they rip or fall off
I am who I am because of what I have done - Niall Gallagher
Tasariel

Post by Tasariel »

I agree with Ses. Probably the best idea might be to glue them on with a gentle but strong glue, and then cover the whole thing with some kind of plastic laminate. That way they aren't peeling off or anything.

It would also be kinda cool if you made some stencils and spray-painted a few designs that were particularly meaningful to you onto it. Or you could just paint/draw them on with a paintbrush or markers.
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

looks like I can't get away from that plastic, huh ? lol
thankyou so much for your ideas everyone, I have some lavender in the garden at the moment so imma get right onto that pressing thing
also gonna get onto some trial runs for the stencils - don't want to attempt it on my actual book and find that I can even manage to mess that up lol
xx
AutumnMaidens

Post by AutumnMaidens »

I use dried leaves, herbs, cuttings from magazines, pictures Ive taken, post card, notes people leave me, calligraphy, drawings I make etc. Some ideas maybe?
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Our bible IS the wind and the rain."

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”