Esbat Rituals

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
RainingMoon

Esbat Rituals

Post by RainingMoon »

Anyone have ideas for esbat (full moon) rituals? I know that they're supposed to be self written but I have no idea even where to start. Can anyone help?
RainingMoon

Re: Esbat Rituals

Post by RainingMoon »

I just realized how many questions and how much advice i ask for lol
Black_Tail
Banned Member

Post by Black_Tail »

From the ones I participated in there was dancing, chanting, sharing of drink/food, circle casting, invoking the God/Goddess. Really, its what you want to do with it. Each moon is good for working certain types of magick, and each month's moon is good for a certain type as well. You can find info on each month's moon through the internet or books, and the same goes from what each phase of the moon has to offer. I guess your first step could be planning out what you'd like to accomplish?
Moon phase:
purpose of ritual:(what you'd like to do)
What qualities the month brings:
Ceremony/activities:
Food/drink:
Chant:
etc..

sample:
Moon phase:full
purpose of ritual: Cleansing of self
What qualities the month brings: Harvest Moon (september) (rest after labor; balance of Light and Dark. Organize. Clean and straighten up physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual clutter.)
Ceremony/activities: creation of corn dolls and the burning of them, meditation and visualize
Food/drink: corn bread and juice
Chant: (none this time)

Of course you'll want your's to have a little more detail than my make-shift example. :3

here's a nice place with some info: http://www.willowgrovemagick.com/esbats ... names.aspx
SecretSilence

Post by SecretSilence »

Wow, that sounds really cool, Black_Tail! Was it like a coven thing or something?
Black_Tail
Banned Member

Post by Black_Tail »

Yeah, but I also attended some public rituals. A ritual should accomplish what you want it to accomplish.
AutumnMaidens

Post by AutumnMaidens »

For esbats anything water related does the trick, the full moon has a great effect on water so doing anything with water will wor twice as well as normally. Working with the feminem, asking for help with emotions, really goddess centered for me.
I usually work with crystals or forms of divination, I also ask for energy and draw down the moon.

Bless
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Our bible IS the wind and the rain."

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”