Candle Spell- wick burning out before spell can finish?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
MoonlightDreams

Candle Spell- wick burning out before spell can finish?

Post by MoonlightDreams »

I have a question about a candle spell that I have been doing weekly for 2 weeks.

I'm using the same type of candles, the same oils, the same intention. Nothing has changed except the date.
But twice as I have preformed the spell, the candle does NOT melt down, The wick simply burns out and Im left with an unburnt candle and a large mound of wax.
I then changed the candle, tried again and the same thing happened.

Is the universe trying to tell me something?! I'm not preforming a Love spell, or "cursing" spell. Just one to help people see me as a friend and let me into their lives.
Any idea what is going on?
Should I abandon the spell? What do I do with the left over wax?

-In a bit of a panicky state :?
WhiteOne

Re: Candle Spell- wick burning out before spell can finish?

Post by WhiteOne »

It could be an omen. Or maybe not.

Your spell sounds like it could be manipulative though, that it involves changing the way that others see you, and allowing you into their lives...but I don't know that much about it or the situation you are trying to change.

During the Renaissance, a candle flickering out was considered a sign that God was present. Burning out doesn't necessarily mean something is wrong, but it could. You are obviously having doubts, maybe you should just recheck the spell, and see if you left anything out?
AutumnMaidens

Post by AutumnMaidens »

I would leave the spell for what it is or rewrite it completely. I use candles for things like this a lot and am a firm believer in their symbolism.

Bless
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Our bible IS the wind and the rain."
Ginger Faith!
Banned Member

Post by Ginger Faith! »

Once you begin to have doubts, the intentions of your spells are forever deemed unfit.
Believe 100% that your spells are working and that any time of 'omen' is a good one.

-Ginger
magus

Post by magus »

I agree with Gingy. :D If you have any doubts then you won't be your strongest when performing the spell.

Magus
You know they're all the same
You know you're doing better on your own so don't buy in
Live right now
Just be yourself
It doesn't matter if that's good enough for someone else
~Jimmy Eat World
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

Ginger, you took the words our of my mouth.

But as to the reason, it may be the place you are doing the spell. There could be a draft or other simple reason. Though it has never happened to me, I would re word my spell. Why do you want to force your way into another person's life?
MoonlightDreams

Post by MoonlightDreams »

Thanks everyone for your help and advice. The spell wasn't meant to be manipulative in any sense. Basically I can be very shy, and I have been having a hard time making friends with my clinical group. The spell was left open ended, as leaving the people a choice of whether they want me in their lives.
It basically said "....I am ready for you to open the Door of Friendship, should you wish to receive me...."

I think the most useful thing here was believing in myself and the spell. Perhaps it was my Fear of Rejection coming through that made the candles burn out. So I will try again, and this time Believe that should these people want me in their lives that I am ready to receive them :)

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”