I need to help a sick tree

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
jamir

I need to help a sick tree

Post by jamir »

Hello,
I am new here :), I am looking for advise to help my cherry tree which is bigger than my house and my neighbours want to spray it with poison which I will not allow. It has a lava type thing that apparently hybernates in the bark during winter ( actually just looks like little black spots on the leaves when they appear ) but they are alive and well and about to come out as soon as the leaves start budding whch is in a week or two .
Does anyone know of a spell, blessing anything that would entice the bugs away so the tree can have a healthy fruitful harvest and no crinkled diseased leaves from this lava

Many many thanks

Ja'mir
Nyxannwn

Re: I need to help a sick tree

Post by Nyxannwn »

I do a lot of gardening.. that sounds like black spot to me (that's literally what it's called). From a gardening standpoint, what your neighbors are doing is the correct measure. There are two different kinds of black spot treatment you can buy at any hardware/gardening center. One has a lot of chemicals and things that are bad for the environment (perhaps what they are using), and then there is an organic compound they sell (they usually dye it blue, but I promise it's natural otherwise), that you use to spray on the infected leaves. Black spot normally occurs to trees and plants that grow in moist environments with not enough oxygen and too little sunlight.

In addition to spellwork, I would go buy the organic black spot treatment. Another crucial measure is to deterine which branches are infected and trim them off down to the point where the infected branch meets the bigger branch (the leader branch). If you are unable to trim the branches themselves, you would need to go leaf by leaf and pull off all the leaves that are totally black and dead, and spray the ones with the organic treatment that only have a LITTLE black spot.

From a gardening standpoint, black spot is a real b*tch to fix...haha. There's also another treatment you can put into the soil itself before the tree sprouts its leaves for the season (pending it's dormant right now?).

Now from a witchcraft standpoint, I would do some healing spellwork around the tree.. burn herbs that promote healing, ask the goddess to help the tree, leave the tree offering as well. Burying a crystal/quartz at the base of the tree should help it, and burying protective and healing herbs around it (just make sure they aren't poisonous) should help as well.

Bright Blessings,
~*~Nix~*~
luckimmortal
Banned Member

Post by luckimmortal »

i love trees too try this

*****BLESS THE TREE
This spell will help the said tree grow better, and create a special bond between you and afore mentioned tree.

Items you will need

1 tree, any size

12 small stones

10 medium stones

6 large stones

soil if the tree is very small

First, gather the ingredients, and go to the tree. Second, place the stones in a circle around the tree, starting with small, then medium, then large stones. Third, chant

Gods bless this tree, Gods bless this tree. It is a very sacred tree. It will be used, for so much good, it will not be, just useless wood. Gods bless this tree, SO MOTE IT BE!

Repeat seven times. Then, take the soil and pile it up, over the rocks, but leave the tree uncovered. Make sort of an anthill shape. Fourth, go wherever you were before you blessed the tree. Fifth, you're done!
jamir

Post by jamir »

Thanks for the wonderful advice. Now i am not a practicing pagan as yet, well a sort of very beginner, so to speak. So not sure of which herbs to use, for the 1st answer, I can do the rocks, but thought both would be well worth doing .

I am a healing channel, and have channeled healing to the tree, but my spirit guide and I work on emotional dis-ease not really a bug expert , so thought I should show the tree as much love and respect it deserves by doing all I can and getting all the advice I can .

in love and light

Ja'mir
Charlatan

Post by Charlatan »

No! Don't let them spray it! My mom sprayed a roach once and a wasp wa ediately on the scene upside down to warn me!

Rather use some soap. This will kill them nicely. Soaping the tree will make them all just die, naturally. Artificial means is bad as you know.
jamir

Post by jamir »

I can't let them use their posion as there are faeries in my garden and they have asked me not to use it . They said I must learn the natural ways of the wiccan. Although the tree was badly infested last year, we still got a lovely harvest of cherries, which I thank the fae for, but my tree just looked so sad, so must learn the ways of the wiccan I think to cheer up my tree. :)
Charlatan

Post by Charlatan »

Do you love trees that much?
jamir

Post by jamir »

yes I do !. In order to heal the earth, a lot needs to be done, but all the trees must be respected and healed so their roots can continue the healing process under the earth itself. It is not for everyone, my main interest lies with the elementals and helping them return to their full potential , in order to do this, plant and animal life must be held in high regard, as this is their mission and I am honoured to be a helper. The elementals can only do so much, we have to do our part also I believe.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”