Ben Needham case?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Greek_Male_Witch

Ben Needham case?

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

Hi, I don't know if any of you have heard about Ben Needham's case, its a boy that got probably kidnapped while he and his parents were doing vacations in Greece back at 1992! The case is closed, the kid is nowhere to be found, my gut feeling says he is still alive and he is probably raised by some family like those who pay to get a kid, now he must be a grown up, my thought was to try some spells for missing persons, what do you guys think? I say this because as I said before, universe owes an explanation to those poor parents, whatever that answer might be!
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
Luna Lisa

Re: Ben Needham case?

Post by Luna Lisa »

Sometimes when people go missing they don't come back. I'm not trying to sound negative or bring your hopes down. I'm just lying out the facts. I watch a lot of dective shows and sometimes theyy do come back alive and sometimes they don't. When people go missing and are found years later they are found dead. Like I said I'm just lying out the fatcs. And when a person does go missing usually justice is served when they find the body of a missing person. I'm one of the type that believes everything happens for a reason. But with missing people there is always that little piece of hope that people believe in and hang on too when they find out what happened to their loved one that went missing. Do whatever you think is right.

Blessed Be.
Nyxannwn

Post by Nyxannwn »

My personal opinion is perhaps it would simply be best to let it be. I completely understand your concern, and I think it is very noble of you to want to help. You obviously have a good heart. I believe though that if this person was meant to be found, they will be found. I believe the Universe is always providing us with answers, and lessons. Whether we want to accept them or agree with them or not is up to us. I think whatever has happened and whatever WILL happen is what was meant to happen. The Universe doesn't always make perfect sense to us humans. Getting spellwork involved when you don't personally know the family or the boy who went missing could be a mistake, in my opinion. For all we know, he could be much happier wherever he is now, and perhaps doing spellwork could interfere with the family's healing process.

Again, just some food for thought.

Bright Blessings,

~*~Nix~*~
Greek_Male_Witch

Nyxannwn I don't disagree with you, but I will disagree on the part about the healing process, his family still looking, that doesn't so much of a healing to me, healing process will start once they know the truth, isn't that right?
Nyxannwn

Post by Nyxannwn »

Greek_Male_Witch wrote:Nyxannwn I don't disagree with you, but I will disagree on the part about the healing process, his family still looking, that doesn't so much of a healing to me, healing process will start once they know the truth, isn't that right?
Greek_Male_Witch-

I believe healing happens when a person or group of people begins to accept the outcome of a certain situation, be it the outcome they had originally hoped for or not. Of course it would be wonderful if they found their son, but perhaps this is not what the Universe had planned for them. What kind of life would we live if everything that went wrong in our lives initially suddenly went the way we had hoped it would? I can tell you... we would never learn anything. I'm not saying that this family has a lesson to learn, but perhaps this whole ordeal will give them a different perspective on their life. Perhaps the loss of their son will bring the rest of the family closer. Perhaps, through the loss of their son, they will reach out to other families in need who have also lost.

To get to the core of your post, though, I will reiderate that I think it would be unwise to do spellwork for this family you do not know. News stories often paint a very different picture to what might actually be going on. It goes along the lines of doing spellwork without a person's permission. The Universe knows what is best for this family, and I think you need to let the God and Goddess do what is necessary to help this family.

The only time I think it would be appropriate to help, is if you contacted the family directly and asked them if you could pray for them. But even this would be tricky... it is obviously a tough subject for them, and if you are too forthright with the fact that you want to do spellwork to help them find their boy, they could put too much faith in you.

Do you see my point with all of this? It's a very thoughtful thing to want to do, but I feel like in this situation you might be meddling with something much bigger than yourself.

~*~Nix~*~
DancingWillowTree

Post by DancingWillowTree »

I agree with you on doing spell work could be bad but i have a thought that i would like to share.
you said this...

I believe though that if this person was meant to be found, they will be found. I believe the Universe is always providing us with answers, and lessons. Whether we want to accept them or agree with them or not is up to us. I think whatever has happened and whatever WILL happen is what was meant to happen.

Now i also am a person that believes in everything happening for a reason BUT, what if the spell work was supposed to happen for a reason? What if doing a spell to help is something that the universe wanted? I say maybe you could try a small one (ask permision first of course) and if that doesn't do ANYTHING at all then forget about. If it was supposed to happen even a small spell would have done something. -Willow!!
Nyxannwn

Post by Nyxannwn »

DancingWillowTree wrote: Now i also am a person that believes in everything happening for a reason BUT, what if the spell work was supposed to happen for a reason? What if doing a spell to help is something that the universe wanted? I say maybe you could try a small one (ask permision first of course) and if that doesn't do ANYTHING at all then forget about. If it was supposed to happen even a small spell would have done something. -Willow!!
Excellent point, Willow.

I agree that if you (Greek_Male_Witch) had permission from the family, then a spell would be fine. But like Willow here said, I would keep it very simple. If you are unable to get their permission, it probably wasn't meant for you to be involved in the first place.

It's a tough call. I understand the differing views on this. By nature we all want to help others out in their time of need. Just do it wisely and with the proper permission!

~*~Nix~*~
Greek_Male_Witch

What if I ask the Goddess to do it for me, that way its out of my hands, and if Goddess believes its not supposed to happen, she won't let my spell work at all!
Kei Kawazu

Post by Kei Kawazu »

Theres probably more recent less publicized cases you have better odds of helping than that one.
Nyxannwn

Post by Nyxannwn »

Greek_Male_Witch wrote:What if I ask the Goddess to do it for me, that way its out of my hands, and if Goddess believes its not supposed to happen, she won't let my spell work at all!
It seems you are saying two different things in this sentence, but maybe not. Why don't you just ask the goddess to help the family, and leave it at that without doing any spellwork? That would be much more appropriate, I think.

~*~Nix~*~
Greek_Male_Witch

Kei Kawazu, because thats the case that stuck to me, its not because its publicized or something.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”