when you die.

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
DancingWillowTree

when you die.

Post by DancingWillowTree »

Hi all, I was wondering what you all wanted to happen to your bodies when you die? I was thinking about this today and thought i would ask you what you all thought about it. Thanks! -Willow!!

Ps. This kinda sounds bad.However, i think that people should talk about death so that they are more ok with it. So yeah...sorry if its too weird for you. :D
Zili

Re: when you die.

Post by Zili »

I want to be set aflame and sent off in a boat. I know its a norse thing but for me it gives more to the thought of being carried across the river styx.
Adder

Post by Adder »

I do not want to die, but to develop skills sufficient to ascend to spiritual dimensions and return at will and allow my physical body to maintain something like 30 years of age :mrgreen:

If I must die, in solution within a sarcophagus with an AI programmed to my mind (whilst it was living) as an interactive touchscreen for people to talk to my 'ghost'.
PaganOne

Post by PaganOne »

I want to be cremated and to have my ashes scattered to the wind over a lush sunny meadow. Either that or a green burial. There is at least one green cemetary in my state that I know of.
Artie

Post by Artie »

I'm going to donate my organs. Hey, I'm not using them, so why not!
Here in the forest, dark and deep
I offer you the gift of eternal sleep.
DancingWillowTree

Wow these are neat answers everyone! I have a few questions though. PaganOne, What is a green burial? and Artie, i was thinking i was going to do that too because it just seems right but what if you aren't dead but the dr. thinks you are(if you're at a dr. that is hehe) -Willow!!
Kei Kawazu

Post by Kei Kawazu »

i would get cremated then have half my ashes buried and half my ashes just left in the wind or somehting, or in a river.

green burial sounds like they dont use chemicals that are hazardous to the earth or plants/animals and so it doesnt infect the water underground. well it seems to me to be like that cuz of the word green. there is a poison they use to prevent disease from spreading from the rotten old body but its a pretty toxic chemical anyways... and thats all i know.
Armina

Post by Armina »

I am going to donate my organs and as for my physical body its going to get cremated. Then my ashes are going to get thrown in the sea, that way I am free. As for my soul I believe that I will get reincarnated.
Shinitenshi

Post by Shinitenshi »

Cremation for me please :)
Greek_Male_Witch

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

Not that I think talking about Death is bad, but I have to ask you this WIllow, do you have any problems that you would like to talk about? if yes then pm' me
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
PaganOne

Post by PaganOne »

A green burial/natural burial is one where the body is not embalmed and is buried in a biodegradable shroud or box/coffin. At some green cemetaries, the idea is to preserve the land. There are often no tombstones or other markers allowed and at times the land is designated as a park.

If anyone remembers the show Six Feet Under on Showtime, Nate Fisher was given a green burial.
DancingWillowTree

Hehe no Greek_Male_Witch, I have no problem...i was talking to my Christian friend about death because one of her friends grandparents had died and somehow we ended up talking about what we wanted to happen to our bodies. She asked me and i told her that i have only known one way and that it didn't feel right to do it that way. So i just thought i would ask everyone what THEY wanted to do so i would have a better idea on how many ways there really are you know? But thank you for asking. :D PaganOne, Thank you for explaining...that sounds nice. Thanks -Willow!!
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

I am an organ donor myself...
The rest of me...who knows LOL !
A cadaver(sp?)
Gentle Light
MsMolli
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
Greek_Male_Witch

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

I don't know, in fact I don't care, I will be a free spirit, they can dispose my body anyway they like...
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
PaganOne

Post by PaganOne »

I am also a designated organ donor. I can't believe I forgot to include that in my earlier posts. I even have an organ donor license plate on my car. My father teases me saying that someone who needs an organ might try and run me off the road.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”