Study Help

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Shinitenshi

Study Help

Post by Shinitenshi »

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on things to help me study and retain the information. Maybe some teas I could drink while studying or before a test, or perhaps some aromatherapy to help while I am studying.

Thank you!
ChanelJinxT2011

Re: Study Help

Post by ChanelJinxT2011 »

I was thinking of the same thing too. There has been a lot going aroud lately and I find it difficult to concentrate when I am studying.
Armina

Post by Armina »

I have to study for Uni and found the best thing was to make sure you have a drink and some munches by you. Then check your emails, facebook, msn etc before you start to study. Sort out everything that you need to do with your study i.e. books, notes.

I have music on in the background as this helps me to get in the mood to study and I retain the information.

Then study for around 30mins, have a break for around 10mins and then go back to it. As if you are trying to do a full day without breaks you will not retain the information, studies found that in a 3hr block you will only retain the first 20mins.

I hope this maybe a little useful for you both.
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

Rosemary tea helps with memory, while ginseng vitalizes the mind. You should try a tea of both :D
PinkTurtle

Post by PinkTurtle »

Agree with Ravencry ^_^ I was going to say it is sooo hard to study at home your bed.. with such soft pillows and your computer your family
go to the school library or just any ole one thats close by it helps TONS make yourself that tea put it in a mug and sip it on the way
good luck dears!
ChanelJinxT2011

Post by ChanelJinxT2011 »

Thanks! Hope it will work for me......
WhiteOne

Post by WhiteOne »

Here are some things I think of when I have to study for a test:

Coffee before a test increases test scores (I don't remember where I got that)--I always drink plenty of coffee (2 cups) before a test--of course, you shouldn't drink too much coffee or you'll get all weird and it will disrupt your test.

I have to do a lot of memorizing for my tests, so I try to use many of my senses. For example: If I have to remember a name I will say it out loud, I will force myself to see the letters in my mind--spelling the name out, and then I will come back to it again later. This way I am using my visual and auditory senses.

Also, associating more interesting things with your subject material--for example: Coventry Patmore--I had to remember this guy's name, so I thought of a coven where one person was always patting everyone--kind of creeps me out so I remembered it.

Also, I remember learning that for some kinds of tests, you benefit from cramming before the test. These are memorization tests, like English and History etc. You should, of course, study gradually throughout the school term, so that you don't have to cram--but then you can cram anyway and it will help. However, for math tests its absolutely necessary to study and practice throughout the school term because cramming the information the night before the test will do nothing. I think I got this info from some book about studying.

Some study, or something, said that smell is closely related to memory. So, you could make a perfume of rosemary, or a tea like RavenCry said, and use it while you are studying. Then when you take your test, spray that same perfume on something you can smell--or you can drink your tea during test time, and that should help your mind recall the information from the study sessions.
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Studies have actually proved that music on in the background will mean you take more in
studies have also shown that the brain only tends to take in the first and last ten minutes of revision so I tend to do 20 minutes, break, 20 minutes, break
xx
allyouneedislove

Post by allyouneedislove »

Studies show that listening to music while studying can improve your memory, i suggest looking up or googling the website "8 tracks". People can upload mixes they make and alot of them are study mixes.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”