Neutral, White, or Black Magic?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Kitty

Re: Neutral, White, or Black Magic?

Post by Kitty »

I agreee with much of what is being said - no color at all though, it's just there ... I'm trying to think of a decent comparison but the only one I can think of is like how medication can help a lot of people but it can be abused, misused, or addictive - there are good and bad sides to intent and I don't think intent can ever be truly 'black' or truly 'white'

and whilst no true wiccan spell would call for an animal sacrifice there are other cultures where it is perfectly acceptable, particularly in voudou and some tribal communities - obviously some practicioners will be against it but there are just cultural differences - it doesn't make it false witchcraft, just different to what you practise
xx
Shinitenshi

Post by Shinitenshi »

I see what you are saying about Voodoo and other cultures having animal sacrifices, but to me that's not witchcraft that's Voodoo. Voodoo is it's own religion, just like Witchcraft is it's own religion, that is what I meant when I posted :)
TheArtOfLife

Post by TheArtOfLife »

Shinitenshi wrote:
TheArtOfLife wrote:well.. I try to avoid spells where there need to be animals killed, that is just not right for me.. and I'm not used on killing things..

Where are you coming across spells asking for animal sacrifices? I have been a practicing witch for almost 20 years and have never seen a spell asking for an animal sacrifice. No true Witchcraft or Wiccan spell would ever ask you to harm another living creature like that.
I was looking through the internet for information when I found such a thing.. probably is satanistic or belongs to some other religion or way of practice. I don't have that website anymore, probably also better that I don't have it anymore.
Melindrose

Post by Melindrose »

TheArtOfLife wrote:
Shinitenshi wrote:
TheArtOfLife wrote:well.. I try to avoid spells where there need to be animals killed, that is just not right for me.. and I'm not used on killing things..

Where are you coming across spells asking for animal sacrifices? I have been a practicing witch for almost 20 years and have never seen a spell asking for an animal sacrifice. No true Witchcraft or Wiccan spell would ever ask you to harm another living creature like that.
I was looking through the internet for information when I found such a thing.. probably is satanistic or belongs to some other religion or way of practice. I don't have that website anymore, probably also better that I don't have it anymore.
@ the art of life you realize that Wicca and Witchcraft are two separate entities and that a witchcraft spell might call for the sacrifice of a living creature, you are right no wiccan one will but not all witchcraft spells are as clean. The main reason for saying that is not all witches are wiccan ones and there for do not believe in harming none.
Ula

Post by Ula »

Shinitenshi wrote:Where are you coming across spells asking for animal sacrifices? I have been a practicing witch for almost 20 years and have never seen a spell asking for an animal sacrifice. No true Witchcraft or Wiccan spell would ever ask you to harm another living creature like that.
I am pretty sure Santeria and Voodoo have animal sacrifice in spell work. Some traditional craft spells have animal sacrifice I can think of the Toad Bone Spell that involved killing a toad on a tree thorn. I would definitely say Wicca has none like that but Traditional does.

Magic is neutral like a gun. Intent and use dictate good or bad. I like the gnostic definition of light/ chaos more than white/ dark. When you look at it that way some good spells may have chaos in them and vise versa. I wouldn't do animal sacrifice but I don't have a problem with animals killed for a feast, like a Norse blot.
Packie99

Post by Packie99 »

I will go so far to say that good and bad is relative anyway. It's just up to your own personal system of morals, and the symbolism you attach to that. I disagree that magic is neutral, since being neutral implies stagnation, especially outside some highly subjective personal view. Magic just is.
Wolfmoon caster
Banned Member

Post by Wolfmoon caster »

Magick has no color, its nuetral. And then how its used is Nuetral as well, what might be morally wrong to one person might be correct to another person so if they see a curse as morally correct what type of magick would it be? White or Black? But then again just because we see the color white for "good"and the color black for "bad" other cultures have it the opposite way with black for good and white for bad. So what color should the magick be called then? It cannot be given a color in general.
TheArtOfLife

Post by TheArtOfLife »

Wow. I have changed, this I typed in May last year, but now I view things so differently. I have not really a clue why, but ok.
I am looking up the differences between old, new and a few other options close to this too. Anyways, I've always loved the nature and forests and stuff.. whenever we went to visit a forest - or a beach I felt after some time somewhat refreshed. A lot better you can say.
melinda

Post by melinda »

Isn't magic energy?
Energy tends to be colourless, whatever you use it for, I mean, people use electricity for reanimation in hospital and as tazers, sometimes lethal, but people don't ask whether the electricity out of a tazer is black or white.
Besides, if magic has shades of grey, doesn't it mean the people who use it do as well?
When people ask me whether I practise black magic I always feel it's all very Harry Potter, tell them in real life it doesn't work like that.
Maybe it's naive of me.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”