Wiccan Supplies

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
timemeansnothing

Wiccan Supplies

Post by timemeansnothing »

I was just wondering where you buy most of your Wiccan/witchcraft supplies. Do you shop at a store offline or do you buy most of your supplies online? I'm pretty new and I wanted to shop online for some things, but I wanted to post here first and see if anybody had any recommendations for websites first. I'd also love to hear about shops offline (especially if they're in the Chicago area). Thanks. :)
Witch13
Banned Member

Re: Wiccan Supplies

Post by Witch13 »

i get my herbs from a bio products /herb shop
my crystals from a shop that has crystals and beads and generally jewelry making supplies.
as for the rest i got my tarot from a bookstore and my runes i made, same goes for wand.
if you are lucky you get tp find feathers and interesting stuff outside in nature
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

I shop most thing online (stones, stuff to burn, etc). I buy herbs in the apothecary (which is in Germany a different thing than in the US, you can buy all kinds of medicines and herbs there and they mix them ready for you, if you like). Many things I'll do on my own.

But actually I don't need a lot of stuff ^^
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I do prefer going into a physical store - I'm one of those people that likes to feel and touch something properly before deciding to buy it - I also like the fact you can meet people and find out about things that are going on in the pagan community
I do shop online for some things though - Where I live [Croydon] is notorious for it's random stop and searches and I don't want to have to explain an athame lol but we're lucky in that we do have one store - it's quite small but it does the basic herbs, charcoal disks, incense afew books etc
I tend to go to a store in london called Wicca Moon when I want to browse or want something thast dreamstone can't get in - it's pretty big and everythings displayed really nicely

My favorite online store in America is http://www.13moons.com
it's got a really good selection of glass bottles and it's where I bought my first post bound bos :D
xx
mina_fitzerald

Post by mina_fitzerald »

I buy stones and some books online.
Mostly I read on the net
I buy some books, pens, candles and insences at a bookstore near my house :"D
There is a quartz store near my house too, I buy quartz-kind stones from there ^^
My wand is handmade, and so my bos...
I don't use herb much, and use a knife for the athame ' '~

Here is where I buy the stones
http://www.healingcrystals.com/
http://crystal-cure.com/sitemap.html

you can check this too
http://www.amerindea.com/

I buy used books from amazon :"D
Asch

Post by Asch »

I generally get raw materials or stuff I can't make from Ebay or a local shop. I get herbs from my garden, grocery store, or the same shop I get other stuff from, they've got over 350 herbs. I try to make as much of my stuff as possible.
This is what I am, here is where I remove my mask.
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

I usually either gather in the wild (California has plentiful amount of wild, useful herbs), go to the Pagan store down the street, go to the Santeria store down the street, go to the supermarket (A lot of Hispanics use natural healing, so the stores often has many useful herbs), or I grow my own herbs.

With other tools, (like wands and pentacles), I tend to carve and paint my own stuff. I also like to work with ceramics, also. I am a crafty witch that likes to use her surrounding habitat to her advantage :D
Purewitch22

Post by Purewitch22 »

My mother (Also Wiccan) gets crystals from a store 45 minutes away, but that has great crystals and stones! And it also has some Antique items, and its kind of historical! Although we live in Maine, you may find a place near you! Blessed Be!
Blessed Be!
If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were
supposed to be bringing." — Julie Cuccia Watts

“When nothing is sure, everything is possible.” —
Margaret Drabble

“There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, /
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” — William
Shakespeare
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I – I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all
the difference." — Robert Frost
presentcharisma

Post by presentcharisma »

"With other tools, (like wands and pentacles), I tend to carve and paint my own stuff. I also like to work with ceramics, also. I am a crafty witch that likes to use her surrounding habitat to her advantage " Ravencry

that sounds like a wonderful idea! I just purchased a house with a large piece of land, we moved in right at thanksgiving and in wisconsin its been snowy and too cold to explore the woods. THis is a lovely idea and Now I can't wait to find what tools I can use in my own backyard! :kiss:
I AM
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

I'm sure when the snow melts and the plants start growing, the woods near by will have many herbs to offer. Just look up wild plants that grow in your area. I was amazed with what grew here in California!
presentcharisma

thank you!! Great info! my mind is spinning with exciting possiblilities.
I AM
gaiagirl97

Post by gaiagirl97 »

Hey Charisma~ I like to go to a physical store to browse, however, the closest one to me is an hour away. (live in the bible-belt, sighs) Anyway, if you are wanting to order herbs online the best place I have found is http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/ they have the best, freshest herbs. I make my own face scrubs, body butter, and lip balm, and always order my stuff from them. Also some other good places for candles, and other things are. http://www.13moons.com/ and http://witchcraft-supplies.com/ ordered lots form both of them and was very pleased.
presentcharisma

thanks gia!
I Live in wi, I know a place that sells spiritual things like crystals, etc, but not so much the herbs.
I AM
Asch

Post by Asch »

Present, try health food stores they'll usually have a few herbs and essential oils on hand.
This is what I am, here is where I remove my mask.
presentcharisma

thank you asch. I am not ready to do spellwork as I currently know NOTHING about magic. But this gives me good sources for when I feel ready.
I AM

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”