Guidance?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
YveofDawn

Guidance?

Post by YveofDawn »

Hi, my name is Yve and I need to know if Wicca is right for me. I've been searching for a religion that's right for me, and I've always felt a connection to Wicca. In what I've read, the beliefs seem true, but I don't know if I'm interested in the magical aspect of the religion or the beliefs. I don't want to be part of "Generation Hex", I want to be a believer. I don't know if anyone can help, but if you can, please do. This is probably a question for the individual, but right now I'm seeking guidance in any form.
-Yve
Asch

Re: Guidance?

Post by Asch »

Only you can answer that. Do research and ask questions but no one else can ever declare that you are perfect for Wicca but you.
This is what I am, here is where I remove my mask.
YveofDawn

Post by YveofDawn »

Thank you. I've been thinking that, but oddly enough it helps when I hear it from someone else :-)
JuniperBerry
Banned Member

Post by JuniperBerry »

I think I know what you mean. It wasn't the magical aspect that drew me into a pagan path but the potential depth of spirituality and tradition that I felt I lacking in my life. I did the wiccan thing for awhile, which was good for dropping old concepts and embracing new ones (i.e. polytheism), but it still didn't have the sense of religion that I was looking for. I eventually found heathenry, the religion of my germanic ancestors and it was what I had been looking for. Heathenry isnt the only path that provides that though. Reconstructed celtism (soft or hard) is about a way of life, a world view, a culture with gods and meaning. There are many paths and religions and cultures. Look at what you're interested in, keep yourself open and keep looking. You'll find what you need eventually. It actually took me several years to turn to heathenry even though I knew about it for awhile. I never gave it a chance until I had a certain experience and I looked into it again and had the...right eyes to see it for what it was that time, I guess.
The Gods we worship write their names on our faces; be sure of that. A person will worship something, have no doubt about that. We may think our tribute is paid in secret in the dark recesses of our hearts, but it will out. That which dominates our imaginations and our thoughts will determine our lives, and our character. Therefore, it behooves us to be careful what we worship, for what we are worshipping we are becoming.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

As believers in the folk-religion we are studying, we seek after mysteries that expand the scope of our gods and our understanding of them, not reductionist theories that reduce them to manageable and socially productive "functions".

-Our Troth
branwenwillow

Post by branwenwillow »

I very much agree with you JuniperBerry. I am where you were. The journey I started were for the same reasons as you. I was raised a christian for my whole life. My family are devout catholics. But one day I wondered why? That simple word lead to why are we here? The bible didn't fit that question.
I started from the beginning and researched the crap out of history and theology. One thing lead to another and here I am. The part I am missing is religion. My beliefs don't mesh with atheism. I just don't know who my God is. I just know there's one there. But I have no doubt that I will find out.
JuniperBerry
Banned Member

Post by JuniperBerry »

You'll find out.

I used to look up at the sky and picture a nameless face looking back down at me and would just feel incredible frustration that I didn't have a name or a mythology to connect to it. But I just kept on keeping on until it all fell into place. One day I was in the car and the mountains were on the side of me and I felt an over-whelming sense of silence. But there was so much said and felt within that silence. I felt removed form everything, like I was standing in the middle of the nowhere, with no noise from cities, or music, just me and that mountain. It was incredibly moving, and when I went home I did some poking around and found the heathen god Vidar the silent, whose mother is Grid the giantess in the desert wilderness. The rest is history.
The Gods we worship write their names on our faces; be sure of that. A person will worship something, have no doubt about that. We may think our tribute is paid in secret in the dark recesses of our hearts, but it will out. That which dominates our imaginations and our thoughts will determine our lives, and our character. Therefore, it behooves us to be careful what we worship, for what we are worshipping we are becoming.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

As believers in the folk-religion we are studying, we seek after mysteries that expand the scope of our gods and our understanding of them, not reductionist theories that reduce them to manageable and socially productive "functions".

-Our Troth
branwenwillow

Post by branwenwillow »

I know I will figure it out. In the mean time, I am having a lot of fun!
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

I was pagn for a long time before Isis made Herself known to me...
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”