The Lunar Eclipse

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
ScarlettRose

The Lunar Eclipse

Post by ScarlettRose »

Hi All, I've been gone for a bit. Busy with finals for college! Anyway,
The Lunar Eclipse is coming up and I was just wondering if anyone is doing any rituals? Also, any to share with me? :D Thanks.
Breathing in I feel gratitude; Breathing out I give thanks.
Breathing in I feel joyful; Breathing out I celebrate.
Breathing in I know compassion; Breathing I am compassion.
Breathing in I feel loved; Breathing out I offer love.
Breathing in I am still; Breathing out I am at peace.
Om.
)O( Krystal Raven )O(

Re: The Lunar Eclipse

Post by )O( Krystal Raven )O( »

We're having ritual tonight, sunday night, AND tuesday night which is the event itself!!!!

I may post some of the sunday ritual before tuesday, if I get the chance. Just keep in mind... this isn't just a lunar eclipse!! It's a WINTER SOLSTICE LUNAR ECLIPSE!!! WHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
)O( May the Cosmica known unto us by millions of names bless you with the ecstasy of Her Bliss. Namaste. )O(
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

I'm planning on doing a gaining spell, a banishing spell, and a Yule spell since the Lunar Eclipse encompasses all stages of the moon, and thus, all stages of the Goddess (as Maiden, Mother, Crone.)

How has college been?
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

I'm going over to my friends house to do a ritual
this coming Tuesday. She's already wrote one
out for us to so, I don't know what it's about
but knowing her it won't be dull !
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz
P.S. We're suppose to have rain all wee so we might
be able to actually see it :( I was going to show
her how to draw down the Moon that night...
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
ScarlettRose

Post by ScarlettRose »

Ravencry wrote:I'm planning on doing a gaining spell, a banishing spell, and a Yule spell since the Lunar Eclipse encompasses all stages of the moon, and thus, all stages of the Goddess (as Maiden, Mother, Crone.)

How has college been?
That sounds really nice! Do you mind sharing with me those spells? I so want to cast those, it sounds wonderful. If you don't mind. I haven't had time to think or begin to write any rituals down for the Lunar Eclipse.

& I had my final last Tuesday for college, so I'm done for the semester! Yay! Officially on Winter break! It went very good(:
Thanks for asking! How are you doing?
Om.
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

I'm doing all right, though quite tired as of late. The Yule ritual got canceled DDD:

I'll write down those spells for you in a few moments, k??
jittertat

Post by jittertat »

I've never been an astrological person, so this may be a completely valid question, or a completely dumb question, but is the lunar eclipse on Thursday visible in all parts of the world, certain hemispheres, certain countries, etc? I live inIreland and I'd love to celebrate it with the coincidence of celebrating Yule. Thanks :3
thetouch

Post by thetouch »

i missed the lunar eclipse :(
may
Athena
Blessed you

Post by ScarlettRose »

thetouch wrote:i missed the lunar eclipse :(
Me too :(
For some reason I thought it was on the 21st. :? I still had an amazing Yule though. Like always I felt very peaceful. It was sooo lovely, I was just so darn bummed I missed the Eclipse I had been waiting and waiting for!
Om.
JuniperBerry
Banned Member

Post by JuniperBerry »

I was able to watch it here despite the night being a bit cloudy. I was the only one awake, and I'd step out every so often to watch the progress.

Once the moon was eclipsed there was definitely a feeling in the air. I couldn't stay out to long in the dark by myself because I kept getting the feeling I wasn't alone.

Then, once the eclipse receded it felt like a lot of noise and ...rush... came back and thats when I really noticed how silent and still it had seemed before the eclipse.

Anyhow... it was a fun thing to see.:)
The Gods we worship write their names on our faces; be sure of that. A person will worship something, have no doubt about that. We may think our tribute is paid in secret in the dark recesses of our hearts, but it will out. That which dominates our imaginations and our thoughts will determine our lives, and our character. Therefore, it behooves us to be careful what we worship, for what we are worshipping we are becoming.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

As believers in the folk-religion we are studying, we seek after mysteries that expand the scope of our gods and our understanding of them, not reductionist theories that reduce them to manageable and socially productive "functions".

-Our Troth
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

I missed it due to the all the rains going on here in California... :(
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz

Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

I missed it, too. I live in California, too, so its been raining all week. And I thought it was the 21st. So double whammy.
Asch

Post by Asch »

I missed it 'cause I live south of Seattle and it was cloooooudy. Dang thing. Also, technically it WAS on the 21st, just really really really early ;)
This is what I am, here is where I remove my mask.
WhiteOne

Post by WhiteOne »

I was lucky enough to have a break in the rain for it. It happened faster than I thought. It just kept getting darker--but the light seemed brighter the more the moon eclipsed. It reminded me of the regular cycle only sped up. Then it became a sort of "shadow" of the moon.
I just asked the four directions to watch over my ritual and then said things like " I banish thee, self destructive behavior"...etc. I listed various things I wanted out of my life--or that I wanted to remove their control. But then I moved into "I conquer thee..." The wording somehow seemed better.
It seemed to work alright. However--I am still waiting for another right time to *officially*--ahem--change my bad habits. However, I am planning fasting, which should help. These things take time.
Even though I got to see the lunar eclipse, the night was still disappointing. My partner wanted to do a love ritual with me that night--but instead we ended up getting into an argument that is just now mending.
I too felt weird when the moon eclipsed, Juniperberry--almost like I became a different person. I didn't sense others, but I suddenly became more confident in an unusually aggressive way. It was as if some of the things that I usually feel uncomfortable with--sex and aggressive confidence--felt empowering. It is unusual that I would embrace a word like "conquer." And I am usually extremely frigid--I'm sure you all wanted to know that--but I felt somehow sexually powerful and that is unusual. Then I had a face off with my partner because I really don't want to be blamed for his lack of emotional responsibility. In some ways this may be similar to your experience, Juniperberry, because there was an element of hostile others, and even the word "conquest" suggests some kind of potentially hostile encounter.
JuniperBerry
Banned Member

Post by JuniperBerry »

(Taking a break form the baking I've been doing ALL DAY *sigh* )

Yeah, it was definitely a full cycle in one night...Full, waning, dark, waxing, full. Despite this excelerated cycle, the time of the eclipse felt very still and quiet. Outside of time, I guess, with the eclipse ending bringing everything back to full speed.

The feeling of being watched wasn't necessarily hostile. It could have been dsir or wights...or even gods...that were out and about. But at the end I did hear a creepy scraping noise. It was probably a bag or something blowing, but I can be a total wimp when alone in the dark. :heh:

I can imagine that emotions were out of sorts for you. Full moons are always weird, and eclipsed one especially so.
The Gods we worship write their names on our faces; be sure of that. A person will worship something, have no doubt about that. We may think our tribute is paid in secret in the dark recesses of our hearts, but it will out. That which dominates our imaginations and our thoughts will determine our lives, and our character. Therefore, it behooves us to be careful what we worship, for what we are worshipping we are becoming.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

As believers in the folk-religion we are studying, we seek after mysteries that expand the scope of our gods and our understanding of them, not reductionist theories that reduce them to manageable and socially productive "functions".

-Our Troth

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”