Binding or Sealing a Charged Object?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
WatchfulEyeTheButterfly

Binding or Sealing a Charged Object?

Post by WatchfulEyeTheButterfly »

(Hi guys, sorry I haven't been on in awhile, I've had a lot going on.)

Okay so my boyfriend (now fiance!) had this black ring he wore all the time on his ring finger sort of reminding him of past sorrows. Whenever he felt pain, anger, anything negative he would transfer that negative energy into the ring. He had done this for over a year and a half so needless to say it's full of that energy. When he asked me if I'd marry him once he were out of high school and I said yes he gave me the ring sort of representing his sorrow being over. This was about two weeks ago.
I've wore the ring almost constantly but I've felt more unstable than normal and yesterday broke down crying for no reason. I also had a dream relating to his past relationship. I have been known to pick up or take energy from other things. (in fact I may be an energy vampire, but it's not so overwhelming that I'm worried about it) So I think it might be the ring that I'm getting this negative from. My fiance doesn't want me to wear it because of this, but if I stop it from affecting me then he will be okay with it.
Is there any way I can fix it so it'll stop harming me? I know cleansing but with all the power accumulated I don't think sage or salt with do much. I can shield myself, but that is definitely not my specialty. I'm not good at manipulating energies, especially my own. Is there any way to seal this ring?
Ravencry

Re: Binding or Sealing a Charged Object?

Post by Ravencry »

Just leave it in salt for like a week. If you don't think it will rust, try mixing a few pinches salt, some water, rosemary and sage and leaving the ring to soak for a day. I've done this and it works well for lingering energies.
WatchfulEyeTheButterfly

I'll try that, but I'm not sure it'll do much...He's very good with energy manipulation, so it's got a massive amount of energy. I'm surprised it hasn't broken from it.
Earth Ritual

Post by Earth Ritual »

Ravencry is right.

In my opinion, it is not wise to accept this ring. This ring is not a good gift. To give it to you is a declaration of codependency not the beginning of a new time without sorrows. Clearly he is charging you to take responsibility for these sorrows or saying something like because you are in his life and you are taking the relationship to the next level his sorrows are over. The best thing is to give the ring back and for him to either bury it or through it in running water and to buy you a new ring. What I hear when you say he is good at energy manipulation is that he is good at emotional manipulation. Anyways, protect yourself. Don't be a victim of his adolescent moods.
You are either for Life or against It. There is no in between.

I used to believe in god above. Now I'm filled with so much love.-Erykah Badu after the invocation of the Goddess

May the love that holds eternity at its fingertips kiss each and everyone one you on the lips. May your words bring worlds that bring hope to a world dying to be reborn.
WatchfulEyeTheButterfly

Well I'm not sure of the meaning, but I now his intent was not bad. I have known him for a long time before we were even together, so I know how he is. He actually wanted me to not get rid of it, but put it away in a safe place away from me after we realized it might be harming me. So he might not even like the idea of me wearing it even after cleansing it....And as for the emotional manipulation; I trust him. He wouldn't hurt me.
WhiteOne

Post by WhiteOne »

I agree with Earth Ritual,
Why would he give YOU a ring that he directed pain and negativity into? I would NEVER give anyone something like that. He needs to deal with his pain himself, not give it to his lover as a love token. This gesture doesn't make sense symbolically. Maybe he isn't trying to hurt you, but it doesn't seem like he is being considerate. As if...he actually believes his pain is a gift to another? I would not accept a gift like this, and I would definitely not wear it or allow it to symbolize my relationship. If he is past his pain, then he needs to deal with it and not to give it to you. You have no responsibility over his past pain, and you can't do anything about it. Only he can. Why don't you guys choose something that you actually want in your lives to symbolize your love?
I don't know if he is emotionally manipulative, but if you feel like an "energy vampire" then maybe there is a co-dependence thing going on. Even so, I think you should reconsider this "gift."
Greek_Male_Witch

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

The only thing you should do, is to bury this ring somewhere and leave it there, with so much sadness and pain, I don't think it will ever be clean, at least not anytime soon...

I think your fiance tried to make a symbolism by giving you the ring, which is romantic, but it wasn't wise to wear it yourself!
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
Lost_Demise
Banned Member

Post by Lost_Demise »

Actually I think if you try to rid the ring you should put positive energy with the negative energy. With so much negative energy in it if its left alone for too long it could incubate and end up birthing something called a dark shard- a spirit incapable of feeling positive emotions because they where birthed from someones rejected negative emotions that where never properly dealt with. So it not only might birth something harmful to others but you have to think how painful that kind of existence would be for the dark shard.
)O( Krystal Raven )O(

Post by )O( Krystal Raven )O( »

WatchfulEyeTheButterfly wrote:(Hi guys, sorry I haven't been on in awhile, I've had a lot going on.)

Okay so my boyfriend (now fiance!) had this black ring he wore all the time on his ring finger sort of reminding him of past sorrows. Whenever he felt pain, anger, anything negative he would transfer that negative energy into the ring. He had done this for over a year and a half so needless to say it's full of that energy. When he asked me if I'd marry him once he were out of high school and I said yes he gave me the ring sort of representing his sorrow being over. This was about two weeks ago.
I've wore the ring almost constantly but I've felt more unstable than normal and yesterday broke down crying for no reason. I also had a dream relating to his past relationship. I have been known to pick up or take energy from other things. (in fact I may be an energy vampire, but it's not so overwhelming that I'm worried about it) So I think it might be the ring that I'm getting this negative from. My fiance doesn't want me to wear it because of this, but if I stop it from affecting me then he will be okay with it.
Is there any way I can fix it so it'll stop harming me? I know cleansing but with all the power accumulated I don't think sage or salt with do much. I can shield myself, but that is definitely not my specialty. I'm not good at manipulating energies, especially my own. Is there any way to seal this ring?

YOU ARE SO CRAZY TO HAVE PUT THAT RING ON YOU SILLY, SILLY GIRL!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: Of course, it can be blessed and purified... but now you've already gone and integrated with it... sheeeesh. So I need you to get a sterilized needle (drop needle in boiling water for at least 60 seconds) and prick the finger you wore it on. Dab a drop of your blood straight into the face of the stone. Set the ring on a bed of salt at least 1/2 inch thick in a small cup. Cover the ring with a small mirror so the reflective side is looking at the ring. Hold the hand you just pricked over this sealed vessel and state strongly three times: "I destroy the sadness and shame, I destroy the hurt and blame, I destroy old games and flames, I destroy all negative energy!"

Let the "dust settle" overnight before taking the ring out. When you do, immerse it in a glass of salt water for a full 24 hours. Then pat dry and put back on. Hold hands with fiance for a minute before acting normally with the hand.

GOOD LUCK. --DONT PICK UP NEGATIVELY CHARGED THINGS AND PUT THEM ON!! YOU'RE SENSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!--
)O( May the Cosmica known unto us by millions of names bless you with the ecstasy of Her Bliss. Namaste. )O(
WatchfulEyeTheButterfly

Okay, I don't think I made part of this clear, this is not an engagement ring or to be used as such, he told me the day he gave it to me that at some point in the future he planned to destroy it. I think the reason I was given it first was to dampen the negative. (something about I make his darkness feel better, I don't remember exactly what he said.) Thank you Krystal Raven, I like that ritual and will try it.
)O( Krystal Raven )O(

Post by )O( Krystal Raven )O( »

EXCELLENT!!!!!!! Please post again and tell us what happens!!!!!
)O( May the Cosmica known unto us by millions of names bless you with the ecstasy of Her Bliss. Namaste. )O(
yuguregami

Post by yuguregami »

It seems like he has given you his sorrows to hold, like you will make these things go away. The energy doesn't need to be sealed it needs to be released. Negative emotions are part of being human and all energy has it's place, it needs to be restored to the world in a giving way, the way that fire gives warmth. Offer the energy in this ring back to the Mother that she may do as she will and get your fiance to address his painful feelings instead of shoving them down to be given away.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”