Medium:You born or you become one?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Greek_Male_Witch

Medium:You born or you become one?

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

So I was watching this show, Medium, nice series, and very down to earth, with no stupid plots, at least thats what I think, but a question came to my mind, not that I want to become a Medium, I prefer tarots and runes instead of flashforwards or flashbacks that might even tell me something I don't want to know, I know I sound stupid,so my question is simple

Someone who is a medium, he/she must be borned one or he/she can become one by meditation and practices? or both?

Plus if you born a medium then why they publish all those books on how to become one?

thanks
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
Lost_Demise
Banned Member

Re: Medium:You born or you become one?

Post by Lost_Demise »

I don't think anyone is born to be a medium, but I do think you need to learn how and it could be very hard work.
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

Greek_Male_Witch wrote:So I was watching this show, Medium, nice series, and very down to earth, with no stupid plots, at least thats what I think, but a question came to my mind, not that I want to become a Medium, I prefer tarots and runes instead of flashforwards or flashbacks that might even tell me something I don't want to know, I know I sound stupid,so my question is simple

Someone who is a medium, he/she must be borned one or he/she can become one by meditation and practices? or both?

Plus if you born a medium then why they publish all those books on how to become one?

thanks
Hi Greek,

I enjoy Medium as well, it is a well written show. Too bad it just got canceled...boo. Anyway to answer you question, many mediums are born that way but I do believe anyone has the ability to see the dead if they work on developing it. It does help if there is a predisposition for the gift but many people sense spirits all the time and just do not realize they are, at least in a small way a medium. Does that answer your question?
Greek_Male_Witch

So someone who is borned that way just has the package from the beggining while someone who isn't borned a medium, has the ability to be one....

yes you answered my question!

GOT CANCELED? how many seasons? I still watch the third one in a greek channel and I bought thr first one in DVD's

Why they cancel all the good shows? I also liked Tru Calling but I must admit its story wasn't so stable.
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

They cancel the good shows to make room for the bad ones. lol
Lost_Demise
Banned Member

Post by Lost_Demise »

I don't really think being able to see the dead is all that there is to being a medium therefore it's a lot harder and requires a lot more training then that to be one. After all being able to see spirits is one thing but telling which ones are living spirits, which ones are ghosts, and which ones are of plants or of a piece of land? Would they be capable of understanding all of them? Would they know how to treat them? No matter what you aren't just simply born one, you always need training.
Jadis

Post by Jadis »

[quote="Greek_Male_Witch"]
GOT CANCELED? how many seasons? I still watch the third one in a greek channel and I bought thr first one in DVD's
quote]

I know I was so crushed when they made the announcement. I've been a fan since the first episode. :( Apparently the production costs are more than their show revenue. It was cancelled last season but another network picked it up for one last year.

The best shows are always cancelled: Firefly, Dollhouse, Medium, if Bones gets cancelled I'm going to cancel all my tv shows and become a hermetess.
_Kaimira_

Post by _Kaimira_ »

i actually like the show to bad they ended it. but csi comes to mind i'm hooked. lol
PaganOne

Post by PaganOne »

I attend mediumship classes and medium/spirit circles several times a month. So far I have only been able to tap into people's past lives. There are personal friends of mine in the class that are able to read objects owned by others. That is part of our training. I haven't been able to read one darn thing. :(

The medium that teaches our class says that everyone has the ability to become a medium. She says it takes direction, devotion, and a will/desire to be able to channel spirits. I find I am fearful (not sure exactly what I am afraid of), and that prevents me from letting the spirits through.

I do believe some people are natural born mediums. Several of the mediums I know personally say they have had the gift since they were young children.

Just a note... I took a picture of my sister to class in a sealed evelope. Without opening the envelope, one lady told me where my sister lived, how old she was, what she did for a living, what color and style her hair was, and what she was wearing in the picture. Blew me away.
Greek_Male_Witch

So if I wanted to become one, I would?
marscapone

Post by marscapone »

In my opinion, I think a person could learn, but they might not be as good at receiving messages as someone that has a natural propensity towards it.
PaganOne

Post by PaganOne »

I agree with marscapone. I have not having much success at mediumship even though I am taking classes. There are a lot of spirits that keep contacting me though the medium that teaches the class. I am hoping that once they say what they ahve to say that they will leave me alone for awhile and I can get to work on learning mediumship. I admit that I am not too sure I want to be successful. There is an element of fear that I can't seem to shake.
Evanthe

Post by Evanthe »

I think everyone has the potential and some people connect to that easier and are able to work with it more. It's about shifting focus, changing perspective. for me it's like Rubin's Vase: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubin_vase. Not as simple as right brain/left brain but similar.
Evanthe
-------------------------------------------------------------------
"You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body."
-C.S Lewis
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

PaganOne, the example you described could have been easily achieved with cold reading. I'm not saying mediumship wont exist, but the example you gave didn't sound like mediumship but rather like a psychological trick. What is also quite impressive, cold reading needs serious training and learning to master but it's nothing supernatural and won't allow you to talk to spirits or the like.
PaganOne

Post by PaganOne »

Oh I do have my doubts from time to time. I am new at this.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”