regaining my powers

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
REDHOTARIES76

regaining my powers

Post by REDHOTARIES76 »

I had the powers when i was younger and seem to have lost touch with them and am trying to find ways to restore them. Someone suggested a book, cannot remember the title but i thought it had witches broomsticks and moon in the title cannot find the book or a way to get my powers back. If anyone can help me I would appreeciate it. I have always used the mind, body, soul, and energy but cannot seem to be able to anymore.
shadowx
Banned Member

Re: regaining my powers

Post by shadowx »

What kind of "powers" are these?
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

Perhaps the book was to 'To Ride a Silver Broomstick' by Silver Ravenwolf
Serendipity

Post by Serendipity »

That’s the book I thought of too Ravencry. GMTA… and for those who are not familiar with that term it is NOT internet shorthand lol. It is way older than the internet and means Great Minds Think Alike lol. :)

Every single person in the world has “powers.” By that I mean that we all have the ability to manipulate energy to our advantage. If you’re speaking of something “supernatural” like sailing on the wind, in a literal physical sense, then I have to be honest and say I don’t believe such a thing is possible, at least not without an airplane or glider lol. Nothing that violates the laws of nature is possible in my opinion, but magic does not violate the laws of nature if one is realistic in her/his approach to it.

I would suggest that if you are having problems connecting with your ability to create, or manipulate energy, that you might want to take a little break from spell casting and simply focus on where your journey is taking you and where you want it to take you. Depending on what you discover during this time of self exploration you should find that your “powers” will return of their own accord, and probably stronger than ever.

Good luck! :)
REDHOTARIES76

Post by REDHOTARIES76 »

I am not speaking of anything "supernatural" the powers we all have within but seem to lose touch with and cannot regain. Thank you all for your posts!!! I will find them all so helpful!!!
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

I guess I know what you are talking about, when you are not talking about something spiritual.

I lost my power at the age of 16, in the midst of puberty. I knew, when I was younger I was always doing stuff, always felt energetic but at 16 I was merely watching TV and thinking about the things I could do.

Well the thing is, it was a puberty problem. All the insecurities, the fears and the hormns made me unable to do much. Or more precise made me unable to realize how much I actually did. Because when I think today about this, I've done a lot of things which required a lot of power. So first of all, you could write down to see how much you are actually doing.

If you really do like nothing, you can increase this, either with a spell or by just doing more. You need to think through, why you don't do stuff and then work with it. Maybe you don't read the book because it's to long? Maybe you don't draw the picture because you are afraid of it being not perfect enough? And so on. There is a reason why you don't do stuff, work with it. Read a shorter book, draw an easier picture which plays with mistakes.

Hope I answered to your problem, since you didn't provide any examples ;)
_Kaimira_

Post by _Kaimira_ »

when i nearly died in a car crash that claimed both my parents and i was only one who lived. i was on a ventolater for 2 weeks. I was only six years old when I started to see things like aura's around people it was so inviting and i wasn't scared at all. when i touched people i could see their lives flash by. i am 18 and i can still see. I think you sould mediate asking the godess for your powers back. i think she can help you. :kiss:
ScarlettRose

Post by ScarlettRose »

Ravencry wrote:Perhaps the book was to 'To Ride a Silver Broomstick' by Silver Ravenwolf
That was the first book that popped into my mind when I was reading this! Funny. :D Amazing book. & what Serendipity said ,
"I would suggest that if you are having problems connecting with your ability to create, or manipulate energy, that you might want to take a little break from spell casting and simply focus on where your journey is taking you and where you want it to take you. Depending on what you discover during this time of self exploration you should find that your “powers” will return of their own accord, and probably stronger than ever."

Those are very powerful words!! I suggest that very much. I say even try to meditate a lot. Sit quietly and just breathe and focus on that. I don't know if you are or have been under a lot of stress or a really busy person. That could be the issue too, you just aren't focusing.. If that makes sense. I really also recommend on thinking of your confidence level. Are you not very confident in yourself? That could cause a lot of issues as well. Love yourself! :) I do have confidence spells, if you are interested.

I have this spell of gaining power in magic. I may have gotten this off of this site or a friend I think wrote this for me. I don't remember! haha I have tons..
Okay,

"Gain more power in magic"
You will need:
one white candle.

Timing, best on a Beautiful Full Moon!

Ritual: Turn off all lights, light your candle. Make sure all that is lighting your room is the light of the moon and your candle flame. :D
Say, " Earth, Air, Fire, Water, I command thee to give me power, please help me. I command thee to give me wisdom, please. and magic powers too. So Mote It Be!" Change the words around to fit you better, if you desire.

Blessings. Hope this all helps!
Breathing in I feel gratitude; Breathing out I give thanks.
Breathing in I feel joyful; Breathing out I celebrate.
Breathing in I know compassion; Breathing I am compassion.
Breathing in I feel loved; Breathing out I offer love.
Breathing in I am still; Breathing out I am at peace.
Om.
REDHOTARIES76

Post by REDHOTARIES76 »

Thank you all for your suggestions i will try them all. To be more specific, I had a certain teddy bear when i was younger and at night when i would wish while holding him all things would come true the next day. Another thing would be if there was a man I was attracted to i knew i would get him and be able to with no questions asked. These are only some of the things that I remeber, may sound strange. My mother was a witch and so are me and my four sisters since birth. Mother passed when i was 10 days old and have no contact with siblings. If this makes sense to anyone, open to all opinions and suggestions. i still feel that I have some power like the power to protect me and my children my closing my eyes at night and envisioning them and myself individually and making circles up and down our bodies and our home to keep us safe. This works and always has but there is so much that I am not in touch with anymore.
_Kaimira_

Post by _Kaimira_ »

that's a good power to have, my real parents studied witchcraft and so did i when i was younger. I had a dream where my parents will die i woke up in a panic and the terrible truth came true we t boned a semi truck my both parents died at the secne i was only one who was a alive. i still praticed magic from a child up to 18 which i am currently. i found out later that i was clairvoyant.

hugs :kiss:
REDHOTARIES76

Post by REDHOTARIES76 »

I would like to say thank you to all that have helped me with my guestion. I purchased to ride a silverbroom stick today as well as earth, air, fire, and water. I have started to ride a silver broomstick and have found it most intriging (mispelled) and informative. After my reading, I went to the kitchen to eat something, and realized I have been using my energies or personal "powers" on one aspect in my own way for a long time and it did not dawn on me till tonight. Thank you all again!!!

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”