help directing energy ...

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
connor)O(

help directing energy ...

Post by connor)O( »

hey, iv been a wiccan for rougly 3 to 4 years but casting spells is relatively new to me ... when im casting i can feel the energy im tapping into intimately, but i have trouble directing it, i can feel it throbbing in my veins but i have trouble directing it to intent. I would like some advice from anyone, even constructive critisism is welcome :)
just a fellow Witch in need of help :D

blessed be

Connor
Come away, O human child!
To the waters and the wild
With a faery, hand in hand,
For the world's more full of weeping
than you can understand.
Traumwandlerin

Re: help directing energy ...

Post by Traumwandlerin »

You surely did try visualisations, didn't you? Just make them really vivid and it directs autmatically.

Another way is over feelings. Just feel the connected emotion really well, depends on the spell, but could work.

Or feel like it's shooting out of yourself.

Anything of this is helpful for you? ^^
Serendipity

Post by Serendipity »

Hi connor 

What you are experiencing is not uncommon in the early days of magical practices. There are several different things you can do to help you overcome this difficulty.

You can use a physical item as a focus for the energy you want project. By using visualization and a physical object you can “see” yourself pushing the energy into the physical object which will of necessity be a part of any spell you are working. Here’s an example that might help to illustrate what I’m saying.

Say you want to send healing energy to somebody and you’re having trouble getting the energy to that person. Make a representation of that person. It can be as simple as a drawing of a stick person on a piece of paper, or you can make a puppet, whatever it doesn’t matter as long as you tell yourself emphatically that this representation is of the person you want to sent the healing energy to. Then do whatever else you’ve planned as a part of the spell and then when you’ve raised all the energy you want to you need to visualize yourself pushing it into the representation of the person you want to help heal and you need to know with absolute conviction that as the energy is moving into the representation it is in fact moving into the person you want to help heal.

I’m sure others will have ideas for you too. But, this is probably my favorite one for me.

Good Luck!
connor)O(

Post by connor)O( »

thanks traum and serendipity both of these helped really well, but what i meant was im using all the ways to cast and i can feel the energy mounting but it feels like its trapped, i draw off of myself (my visualisation being that my blood is flowing out of my body through my hands and tracing the words of the spell in the air), but i was wondering if maybe you would know of any reasons why and any solutions to this? any help appreciated, blessed be guys :)
than you can understand.
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

Well, if you visualize your blood flowing out and you know it's actually not flowing out, this could block you. So change your visualisation or try to cut yourself ^^ Your energy is trapped inside your body just like your blood.
connor)O(

Post by connor)O( »

thanks traum :) and cutting is out of the question for me its only used in dire circumstances ... so i think il try to think of something suitable
than you can understand.
Serendipity

Post by Serendipity »

No cutting that's just not a good way to go!

All I can say connor is that the reason I suggested working with something that you could physically touch and see and such is that in my experience that is the best way to learn to move energy out of yourself because you can actually see and feel where it is going. If that doesn't help I'm sorry I don't have any better suggestion.
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

With cutting I meant just pricking with a needle so a drop of blood comes out, I just didn't know the term for it sorry. Of course I didn't mean to cut your whole arm up until the blood flows in bigger means ^^ But of course, this is a matter of style. I would try to use something different than blood, but if this is the only thing that works for you, a small sting with a needle could help.

Instead of usind something material (in case you can't find something fitting) use something you don't nothing about abd you can't see it or normally feel it. This would prevent the precncepts and you can work with it just like you want. Just like the preconcept that your blood stays in your body hindered you to let the energy out.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”