Kudzu

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
RainDownOnMe

Kudzu

Post by RainDownOnMe »

I've attempted to search the forum here for any information on Kudzu as far as magical and medicinal properties go, so I hope this isn't a repeat question.

I've read in a couple of random places that Kudzu COULD have properties for prosperity and confidence as far as the magical goes. For medicinal, there were a few references to the root powder being used for anti-diarrhea and stomach issues.

My question is, does anyone have any experience with this plant in either the magical or medicinal sense? I'd love to hear about that and what other uses there might be for the plant since it is SO abundant in my region.
Serendipity

Post by Serendipity »

Try typing "Kudzu Plants" into your favorite search engine and see what happens. I use Bing and got more than 440, 000 hits. I'm betting you'll find an answer there.

Remember when you ask a person a question all you will get is the information that one person knows. As long as you're willing to do a little work to "seperate the wheat from the chaff" you'll learn a lot more by searching yourself and seeing what lots of people have to say.
Wiccan Z

Re: Kudzu

Post by Wiccan Z »

RainDownOnMe wrote:I've attempted to search the forum here for any information on Kudzu as far as magical and medicinal properties go, so I hope this isn't a repeat question.

I've read in a couple of random places that Kudzu COULD have properties for prosperity and confidence as far as the magical goes. For medicinal, there were a few references to the root powder being used for anti-diarrhea and stomach issues.

My question is, does anyone have any experience with this plant in either the magical or medicinal sense? I'd love to hear about that and what other uses there might be for the plant since it is SO abundant in my region.
the vine right?
)O( Krystal Raven )O(

Post by )O( Krystal Raven )O( »

Kudzu is a great symbol of neverending, unstoppable growth. It can also attract interesting spiritual energies and it will take over anything it touches. Don't know that there are any formal majikal properties to it, but I have used it ritualistically before!!
)O( May the Cosmica known unto us by millions of names bless you with the ecstasy of Her Bliss. Namaste. )O(
RainDownOnMe

Post by RainDownOnMe »

Yes, Wiccan Z. "They" call it the vine that ate the South lol.

I did google, and there are a lot of hits for making jelly from the flowers for sure, but I was going more for a discussion type setting with personal experiences. I figured if I just google everything instead of engaging in a dialogue, I'd still be at square one.

Krystal, might I ask how you've used it ritualistically?
Kaimira

Post by Kaimira »

hehehe about the south :D I never used this plant, i am still pretty new to using spices and herbs, i do use dried sage leaves for purity
The shinning light is the way to path of creation
Wiccan Z

Post by Wiccan Z »

RainDownOnMe wrote:Yes, Wiccan Z. "They" call it the vine that ate the South lol.

I did google, and there are a lot of hits for making jelly from the flowers for sure, but I was going more for a discussion type setting with personal experiences. I figured if I just google everything instead of engaging in a dialogue, I'd still be at square one.

Krystal, might I ask how you've used it ritualistically?
oh i see :#
Serendipity

Post by Serendipity »

Check out this thread :D

http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... hp?t=17693

Just try using those techniques and you should find out more information than any individual could give you.
ScarlettRose

Post by ScarlettRose »

)O( Krystal Raven )O( wrote:Kudzu is a great symbol of neverending, unstoppable growth. It can also attract interesting spiritual energies and it will take over anything it touches. Don't know that there are any formal majikal properties to it, but I have used it ritualistically before!!
That is super interesting!
Wow, I had never heard of this before. So is it hard to grow?? -- Sorry if that's a dumb questions hahaa
Breathing in I feel gratitude; Breathing out I give thanks.
Breathing in I feel joyful; Breathing out I celebrate.
Breathing in I know compassion; Breathing I am compassion.
Breathing in I feel loved; Breathing out I offer love.
Breathing in I am still; Breathing out I am at peace.
Om.
)O( Krystal Raven )O(

Post by )O( Krystal Raven )O( »

It is *NOT* difficult to grow! As a matter of fact, it will take over your entire yard if you plant just ONE inch of vine and leave for a few weeks!
)O( May the Cosmica known unto us by millions of names bless you with the ecstasy of Her Bliss. Namaste. )O(
RainDownOnMe

Post by RainDownOnMe »

Oh does it ever grow well! TOO WELL. We fight every summer trying to keep it from taking over our house completely. Back when I was younger, my friends and I would use it to build huts and make wreaths.

When I had heard that kudzu could actually be a food source, my mind started running. This spring, I'm definitely going to try my best to see how to best utilize it. I can only imagine my neighbors' faces as I climb out of the gully behind our house with an arm full of kudzu roots and leaves. Then they'll really have reason to suspect I've lost my mind! :D

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”