Older Pagans

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Seaspirit

Older Pagans

Post by Seaspirit »

Thanks Starwitch, creating this forum for older pagans is really considerate of you.

(Note from Starwitch: "The Older Crowd" forum is now defunct because no one was using it. The few threads that there there have been moved to other categories.)

I appreciate it, and I'm looking forward to talking with the other mature members.

I like the description, I think it is fine! I don't see why it needs to change at all..

I'll think about the name...a bit..

Maybe others will have some suggestions too....
In Light is birthed discovery.....in discovery is birthed the journey of power.
blackbird

Post by blackbird »

It is a funny thing, being part of what is considered the older generation..not in a bad way though. I am only 40, and have worked alone for a long time. I joined an established group recently to meet with monthly, and was quite surprised to find i was the oldest member, by quite a long way.
Seaspirit

Post by Seaspirit »

Nice to meet you Black bird...
I'm 44, so I must be the oldest then in here ::coolglasses::

I also think the name of the forum is fine, thinking about it....not sure if it needs to change, unless anyone else can suggest something.
mamma bear

Post by mamma bear »

Hello,

I'm 38 here. It seems odd at my age to now be "searching" for my path. Although I have probably really been searching for my whole life just didnt know it. So I'm not sure I can offer any insight for anyone but I'm definately interested in learning.
Mamma Bear
Make no mistakes...I will protect my young!
Silverloc

Post by Silverloc »

I'm 37, though they say you are as old as you feel..and today I feel..about 12.

@mamma bear..Its not odd to be searching at 38, we are all still learning and growing, it doesn't matter what age we are. As an example from my own life, my mother found her pagan path in her late 40s. As for myself, I just as of less than 2 weeks ago decided to stop pretending I wasn't pagan and just accept that I am (been pagan friendly for over 10 years now).
blackbird

Post by blackbird »

Good to meet everyone. I think the search never ends Mamma Bear, i mean, the path goes on and on doesent it? Mine has taken a few twists and turns over the last 3 or 4 years for sure, but i am keeping up! :)
Star Shine

Post by Star Shine »

Hello everyone, I am 41 and love this forum....
Blessings to all
Seaspirit

Post by Seaspirit »

Hi all of you...nice to meet you all..

I agree also......I did not notice my gifts until about 2003...not sure if they were there before and I just did not notice them, or if this is when they just developed. Even then, I did not look to witchcraft for the answers...it was in 2007 for me that I began witchcraft and paganism...
blackbird

Post by blackbird »

I veiw Witchcraft as a journey. I think this would apply to whatever path you are upon. I started out learning alone, and things i had learned as a child (not at all labelled as Withcraft ) surfaced in my memory then. When i turned my attention towards Witchcraft, it in turn seemed to embrace me. Everyone has something to offer, regardless of how long or short a period they have been doing what they do :) we can all teach each other something.
mamma bear

Post by mamma bear »

Thank you everyone. Its good to know I'm not crazy. I figured it was just me going through a mid life crises or something :). I know my cousin is searching too. I'm not sure where her path is leading her though. We both kinda have the same family issues to work out so me may end up in very similar places. I have to say though I am really enjoying the insight this board had provided. I sometimes feel so alone with all this. My husband knows I'm searching really his biggest consern is that I dont get all weird on him and start acking all voodooish...his word not mine...So I guess its good that I dont see myself as the type to cast spells
Mamma Bear
blackbird

Post by blackbird »

You are not crazy Mamma Bear. Sometimes change can be a bit unsettling though. I am a Witch, and my Craft and path does involve what you might refer to as 'Spellwork'. This is a part of the whole though, which is a combination of many different things that just seem to fit together. I hope your journey is a positive one. :)
mamma bear

Post by mamma bear »

Sorry for the abrupt end to my last post. ...kids came running in and needed immediate attention as always :lol: then came all the other commitments of life :) Anyways thank you guys for letting me rank a little. That little bit definately seemed to help with how I have been feeling lately.

Thanks!
Mamma Bear
missmelodygrace

Post by missmelodygrace »

hurray ... I like this new thread

I'm 35 and I'm looking again at my life after some huge changes ... I have no issue with my age infact I'm finally learning who I am and I'm starting to like myself.

My religion is the only thing that has stayed solid during the years of my life .. it is my rock which is why i like it here so much
Laugh your head off, dance in the rain.
Cherish all moments, ignore all the pain.
Live, Laugh, Love, forgive and forget,
Life is too short to live with regret.
Seaspirit

Post by Seaspirit »

missmelodygrace wrote: I have no issue with my age infact I'm finally learning who I am and I'm starting to like myself.
I feel the same way. I think the older we get, the better we get at being who we are :wink:
missmelodygrace

Post by missmelodygrace »

I'm learning that I care less about peoples opinions of me

If they dont like me then I'm not going to kill myself to make them ....

My priorites have changed I think for the first time ever I'm starting to get them right
Laugh your head off, dance in the rain.
Cherish all moments, ignore all the pain.
Live, Laugh, Love, forgive and forget,
Life is too short to live with regret.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”