Older Pagans

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Star Shine

Post by Star Shine »

Ya'll are a breath of fresh air...everyone around me is all depressed about getting older. I am enjoying it...and like ya'll have found that life is a fun journey that seems to bring something new and exciting each day:)
Love and Blessings:)
MoonbeamDancer

Post by MoonbeamDancer »

WooHoo!!! Thank you so much for this. I was excited when I got answers to my witches of a certain age and now aplace to talk.

I go by Moonbeam Dancer online, I am 51, mentally . . . mid 30's. I am relatively new to this path, although I have been using herbs and making my own lotions and healing balms for years and years.

It is great to meet all of you
Star Shine

Post by Star Shine »

MoonbeamDancer wrote: I go by Moonbeam Dancer online, I am 51, mentally . . . mid 30's. I am relatively new to this path, although I have been using herbs and making my own lotions and healing balms for years and years.

LOL....I may be 41 but mentally.....I am somewhere between 16 and 25:)
I too make my own lotions, perfumes, soaps, candles, jewelry, potions, balms, etc...I am a free spirit and love anything natural that I can make myself:)...many of my friends call me on a daily basis for my home remedies:)
Love and Blessings
mamma bear

Post by mamma bear »

Oh I'm just getting in to combining scents to create my own blends for incents of sorts. I'm into all sorts of crafty things like that and making jewlery drawing painting ect. I'm going to actually try to bottle my first attempt at the blended scents tonight. Gonna have my mom try it first :)
Mamma Bear
Make no mistakes...I will protect my young!
JuniperBerry
Banned Member

Post by JuniperBerry »

Older crowd? I totally wouldn't post here...that's for OLD people.

Anyone else think this? :lol:

Hi, I'm JuniperBerry, and I'm a thirty year old. [/AA meeting]
The Gods we worship write their names on our faces; be sure of that. A person will worship something, have no doubt about that. We may think our tribute is paid in secret in the dark recesses of our hearts, but it will out. That which dominates our imaginations and our thoughts will determine our lives, and our character. Therefore, it behooves us to be careful what we worship, for what we are worshipping we are becoming.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

As believers in the folk-religion we are studying, we seek after mysteries that expand the scope of our gods and our understanding of them, not reductionist theories that reduce them to manageable and socially productive "functions".

-Our Troth
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

I have been lurking on this board for a while, I am rather shy and am not of a certain age, but I would prefer to speak to the older crowd rather than the younger. I am only 21, but I certainly feel more comfortable around more experienced people. I hope you all don't mind me joining in.
Serendipity

I'm looking forward to this part of the forum very much

Post by Serendipity »

I too enjoy having a place where those of us who have been around both life and magic for a while can enjoy the company of each other. Time changes us, it brings us experience in both life and magic that helps us relax and simply enjoy both in so many ways and here we can discuss both.
mamma bear

Post by mamma bear »

Hi Ravencry,

I hear ya...Most of my friends are older then me. Always has been that way. I just seem to get along better with them.
Mamma Bear
Make no mistakes...I will protect my young!
Seaspirit

Post by Seaspirit »

MoonbeamDancer wrote:WooHoo!!! Thank you so much for this. I was excited when I got answers to my witches of a certain age and now aplace to talk.

I go by Moonbeam Dancer online, I am 51, mentally . . . mid 30's. I am relatively new to this path, although I have been using herbs and making my own lotions and healing balms for years and years.

It was your post that gave me the idea :P
In Light is birthed discovery.....in discovery is birthed the journey of power.
Seaspirit

Post by Seaspirit »

Ravencry wrote:I have been lurking on this board for a while, I am rather shy and am not of a certain age, but I would prefer to speak to the older crowd rather than the younger. I am only 21, but I certainly feel more comfortable around more experienced people. I hope you all don't mind me joining in.
No!! This is for older people indeed, where we can 'find' eachother, but youngens like you....are of course welcome!! :P
In Light is birthed discovery.....in discovery is birthed the journey of power.
blackbird

Post by blackbird »

I like what you said there Serendipidy.
I am 40, i feel very comfortable inb myself in a spiritual sense.. much more than i did 10 years or so ago. I dont have a whole lot to say these days as i am going through a bit of a 'phase' where i feel myself at a loss for words a lot of the time, and life has been a bit stressful, but it will be nice to come in and touch base here :)
Emmialle

Post by Emmialle »

Hi all

I am Emmialle, and I will be 50 in exactly one week. I've been on this path officially for 3 years, although I've flirted around the pagan edges for about 35 years. I consider myself a hedgewitch, I am in a coven, an initiated first degree in a 3 degree tradition.

Thalia, Goddess and Muse of Comedy and Happy Endings, has called me to be hers. Very appropriate to my life, I think. She gave me this name, it is not the name I use in the world. I've come to feel that it is more my real name, though.

I look forward to knowing everyone here better.
Taz

Post by Taz »

Greetings, how nice to find a place to meet and share with The Wise Ones, aka Old Foagies, hahaha.

I am 44 years old, and proud of it!
Serendipity

Post by Serendipity »

Lol Taz.

It’s kind of funny but the older I get the less of a “foggie” I feel like.

At a very young age I knew there were things I wanted to do that what would typically be written off as “youthful indiscretion” but would get in the way of me doing what I wanted to do so I was pretty “starched collar” even as a kid.

But now…

Well I still don’t break laws because I’d rather go to the beach than to jail lol. But other than that I just pretty much do what I want.
Taz

Post by Taz »

That makes sense Seren. Without going into detail, my childhood sucked, my teen years I was a runaway punk rocker, my adult life (from about 20 years old and up) has been freaking amazing. I take very little for granted as I know what it is to have lived both sides of the coin.

I have found that growing older has given me the confidence that I should have had in my youth, but did not. It has given me insight and the time required to delve deep into my shadows, question all I am (on a continuing basis) and wholeheartedly forgive myself and those people who caused me to suffer as a young child.

As my life is, I would not change a thing, I really like and love who I am, am am proud of who I am.....and maybe, just maybe, if I am lucky, I will occasionally spout out something profoundly wise, lol!

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”