Using herbs with a spell

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Bella Madre

Using herbs with a spell

Post by Bella Madre »

I understand that one doesn't have to use any type of tools when performing a spell but they help out, correct? So my question is this...I am wanting to do a peaceful slumber spell for my children and I know that lavender, clove, chamomile and jasmine are all good for peace and so forth but I'm not quite sure what to do with them. Should I just pick a couple or can I use all 4 and do I just sit them on my alter or sprinkle them over the candle after I have completed my spell?

Please, any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Carrigan
Lily Cantodea

Post by Lily Cantodea »

It's really up to you. I find that just lavender alone can work wonders, but if you think you need to use all of them, that's fine too.
Bella Madre

Post by Bella Madre »

Thanks - guess I don't really wanna use to many then the smell would just stink or overpower each other. I really like the smell of rosemary but I've never REALLY smelled lavender or chamomile.
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

If using all four of them would cause discomfort, that in itself would defeat the purpose of a peaceful slumber smell. Do what is pleasing to you.
Buttercup

Post by Buttercup »

You can try different combinations in small quantities and when you find the combination that smells nice to you use some of it to dress your candles. You can make small bags containing these herbs and put them in your children's wardrobes or under their pillows to continue to give the effect of the spell. Lavender in the wardrobe also helps to protect clothes from bugs.
Merry meet and merry part and merry meet again.
Bella Madre

Post by Bella Madre »

Thanks ~ I will try them in various combinations until I find something pleasing.
ImperfectAngel

Post by ImperfectAngel »

Buttercup wrote:You can try different combinations in small quantities and when you find the combination that smells nice to you use some of it to dress your candles. You can make small bags containing these herbs and put them in your children's wardrobes or under their pillows to continue to give the effect of the spell. Lavender in the wardrobe also helps to protect clothes from bugs.

I agree....Try using different combinations of the herbs to get the "smell you want".....

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”