Book Of Shadows question!

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Greek_Male_Witch

Book Of Shadows question!

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

Hi, first of all I know this might sound paranoid or even stupid but I made my book of shadows and I didn't bless it, as it said I should when I was reading on the internet about it, now whenever I touch it, something bad happens, I mean it, every single time I touch this book, something bad happens, I have bad luck for the rest of the day, it sound completely nuts, but well trust me, so why this is happening? and should I start a new one and blessing it first? thanks
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
SilverLilly

Post by SilverLilly »

I'm curious about the answer too. I haven't had any bad luck tho, but none of my items have been blessed yet :( I'm still gathering my things.
“It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.” — Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Greek_Male_Witch

Hi...

Well, yeah, tools isn't neccesairy to be blessed, but as I know Book Of Shadows is something more than a tool, from what I read its like an "assistant" of ours, and it NEEDS blessing, but I didn't so I think the whole bad luck is because of that... :(
Earth Ritual

Post by Earth Ritual »

why not just bless/neutralise it?
You are either for Life or against It. There is no in between.

I used to believe in god above. Now I'm filled with so much love.-Erykah Badu after the invocation of the Goddess

May the love that holds eternity at its fingertips kiss each and everyone one you on the lips. May your words bring worlds that bring hope to a world dying to be reborn.
Greek_Male_Witch

Hi...

Don't you think its a bit late for that? if bad luck is coming out of it, then I kinda see it as infected, so I don't think a blessing now would save anything, maybe I should start another one...
SilverLilly

Post by SilverLilly »

Looks like that is what I'll be doing tonight :)
“It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.” — Antoine de Saint-Exupery
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

A book of shadows is a book. It has pages, writing, titles and a cover. It is nothing more than paper pages with ink or pencil. And yet nothing less.

You seem to want the book to be "infected" as you put it, though i can assure you it isnt my assurances will only serve to make you counter that fact and reinforce the notion that bad luck exists.

Luck is a word, a word invented because humans are feeble minded creatures that need a reason behind everything. Why did i stub my toe? Must be bad luck. Why didnt i win the lottery? Bad luck.

Why have i got bad luck? I must be hated by the world, or perhaps cursed or maybe i broke a mirror.

No.

Luck doesnt exist. I stubbed my toe because i was stupid enough not to look where i was going. I didnt win the lottery because my numbers werent right. Why werent they right? They just werent. There is no reason here. Nothing. No deeper connection, no luck.

Why is science striving to answer the big bang? Because humans cant fathom the "it just happens" idea. Science cant explain gravity, sure we can say that big things have more gravity but why? No-one knows. But instead of saying "it is just something that happens for no reason other than it happens" we make the answer dumb so we can comprehend it: "Big things have more of it".

Forget the idea that everything has a reason, a meaning. Why are you alive? You have no meaning, no purpose, no greater good to give, nor any goals to achieve for the gods. No, you exist because your parents decided you would exist. There is no meaning except that which we make for ourselves. And this "cursed BOS" is no different. Why is it infected? Because you believe it is.

It is never too late, write a simple protective chant or poem, write it in the inside covers, front and back, of the BOS, do a simple cleansing ritual involving whatever you want, the moon, the sun, candles, herbs or just your own energy. Flood that book, flood it to the point you think it would explode with energy, then flood it more, more, more so that in your mind it blinds you with brightness and light.

Then relax.
akumaxkami

Post by akumaxkami »

Wow, Shadowx, that was a bit harsh. Saying he has no purpose or meaning in this world is *your* opinion. Some of us here actually believe there is a rhyme and reason to how things operate in the universe, even if we can't explain them.

Back to the topic about the "cursed" BoS - I don't think it's cursed, infected, etc. I think all this paranoia you have about not cleansing your book is filling it with YOUR negative vibes. You expect something bad to happen when you use it, and so it does. The book is instilled with YOUR energy since you're the one that made it, so think positively about your book and things should be fine.

To give you peace of mind, cleanse it with sage and then bless it. You'll be fine.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

It is a harsh reality of life. The universe doesnt care if i, you, or greek is dead, alive, being tortured, happy, sad... it doesnt care. The universe is incapable of caring. As humans we are merely a consequence of amino acids being formed and mixed with oils and acids until the RNA and eventually DNA were able to self replicate and spawn life as we know it. We are nothing but a tower of cells walking the earth only to reproduce ourselves. Once we have cared for children we are useless to our race and to life. This is a fact.

It is the human mind that invents reasons, meanings and goals because for many people a life without reason is a life not worth living. But is this so? Of course not.

While the facts speak to themselves we are of course more, within our minds. And yet still we have no reason or deep meaning. We just exist. And we should enjoy this stroke of chance by making the most of what we have and not whining.

The reason for my life? Nothing. I am meaningless. The world wouldnt even hear my screams as i died. And yet that doesnt bother me... I have my reason for life, a reason i alone invented, and that reason is simply to experience as much as possible. It is not a real reason. I invented it because i can.
Greek_Male_Witch

Hi...

With all due respect, I don't like your view shadowx, the magick of life cannot be explained by just "we are cells and we reproduce" I think there is more to life than what actually we see. my opinion only of course!
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

Well i of course agree there is more to life in the sense that i believe in a spirit or soul. However i do not believe there is any deep meaning to life. There is no logic behind that belief in my opinion.
Earth Ritual

Re: Hi...

Post by Earth Ritual »

Greek_Male_Witch wrote:Don't you think its a bit late for that? if bad luck is coming out of it, then I kinda see it as infected, so I don't think a blessing now would save anything, maybe I should start another one...
you are not at the mercy of your shadow book. in my tradition, spirits are constantly needing to be appeased due to the nature of this dimension to fall out of balance. my rule is that there is a time allowance for reconciling the imbalance/bad luck after it is first noticed. personally, i would sprinkle sacred ash on the book and consecrate it with water and salt.

I used to believe in god above. Now I'm filled with so much love.-Erykah Badu after the invocation of the Goddess

May the love that holds eternity at its fingertips kiss each and everyone one you on the lips. May your words bring worlds that bring hope to a world dying to be reborn.
Earth Ritual

Post by Earth Ritual »

shadowx wrote:It is a harsh reality of life. The universe doesnt care if i, you, or greek is dead, alive, being tortured, happy, sad... it doesnt care. The universe is incapable of caring. As humans we are merely a consequence of amino acids being formed and mixed with oils and acids until the RNA and eventually DNA were able to self replicate and spawn life as we know it. We are nothing but a tower of cells walking the earth only to reproduce ourselves. Once we have cared for children we are useless to our race and to life. This is a fact.

It is the human mind that invents reasons, meanings and goals because for many people a life without reason is a life not worth living. But is this so? Of course not.

While the facts speak to themselves we are of course more, within our minds. And yet still we have no reason or deep meaning. We just exist. And we should enjoy this stroke of chance by making the most of what we have and not whining.

The reason for my life? Nothing. I am meaningless. The world wouldnt even hear my screams as i died. And yet that doesnt bother me... I have my reason for life, a reason i alone invented, and that reason is simply to experience as much as possible. It is not a real reason. I invented it because i can.
I think the last part of this can be very empowering for anyone willing to see that what we are dealing with is an expression of polarities. Generally, magical people think of the world as filled with meaning and connection though there is another side that speaks of emptiness. Getting that life is really Nothing allows SPACE for creation of ANYTHING.

JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

i posted this about some crystal i think ... but once more: If you have lost faith in your book create another one. It doesn't matter if it is actually "infected" or not, you believe the book has turned against you . What is magic other than conforming reality to your will? Your will is what is making it stronger and the more you think it is cursed the mor eit will be. It is better to just go ahead and make a new one.
Kaimira

Post by Kaimira »

greek,

I don't think it's to late to bless your book of shadows I did it late in my book because i never knew i had to bless my book of shadows. you know my book of shadows works just fine. so don't worry.

shadow did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? you seem grouchie. O_o
The shinning light is the way to path of creation

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”