Do I need an alter?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
BaileyKatG

Do I need an alter?

Post by BaileyKatG »

I am only 16 and was wondering if I really need to set up an alter or if I can get by without one for now. Because of my age I really don't have the space or money to put one together right now but if you can think of any objects that I can find around the house that don't take up much space then that would be great. Thanks for the help.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

AltAr, not AltER ;)

And nope, you dont need one, you dont need anything at all. YOU make the magick with the energy that is around you all the time. You dont need any tools, any herbs, any candles etc... they just make people feel more powerful and mystical but you dont *need* them.
Lily Cantodea

Post by Lily Cantodea »

No, an altar is not necessary to work magick. Magick is energy from within you; you make things happen. An altar is just there to help you concentrate, but it's not really needed. So it is with altar tools and items - they're there to help you concentrate and perhaps feel a little more powerful, but they're not necessary.
BaileyKatG

Post by BaileyKatG »

Sorry about the misspelling of altar. When I type, I don't really think so I do tend to make mistakes. Once agian thank you for the help.
WitchyLady506

Post by WitchyLady506 »

The only thing you need is a focused mind^_^
They say only Silver Bullets kill the beast inside.....
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

Dont worry about the spelling :P Welcome to the site too!
Kaimira

Post by Kaimira »

hi there,

I do have an alter, but i always go to forrest to do my spell and ritual needs, i just use a blade and a white candle. I am 16 too, the parents are un sportive because of my wicca pratices. oh well poo on them :D always do magic in a safe compfy space or out doors like a little forrest. remember you the power that weilds the magic.
The shinning light is the way to path of creation
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Do I need an alter?

Post by SpiritTalker »

Old topic but FAQ

An altar is a table that holds symbols for meditation & meeting with the divine. Those don’t require do-dads. You don’t need the ritual tools either - use your hands 🙌🏽 to charge and your supplies 🧂💦💨🕯 as the symbols to balance elemental energy. Or put the thought-energy into a chant: Earth, water, air, fire; work ye now as I desire.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Do I need an alter?
I frequently wish I had a doppelganger (alter) to do my dirty work! LoL :surprisedwitch:
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

😁 I get ya

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”