how do you know?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Li Li

how do you know?

Post by Li Li »

how do you know your... well i won't say power coz it makes it sound abit too much like power rangers..... ability? there are people who are healers, mediums, there are people good at divination all sorts, but how do you know which "category" you belong to?
Witch13
Banned Member

Post by Witch13 »

Just like with x-men, you will know when the ability manifests. And likewise an ability grows with time and practise.
The "ability" to do divination is something everyone has , but to have it work good you will have to find the tools (tarot, runes, pendulum) that will be just right for you. Some decks arent of my taste so i cant work with them the same way i work with my favorite !
note: some crystals can improve your intuitive abilities, such as clear quartz, and aquamarine both of them are pretty cheap)
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

I am of the belief that any "power" someone else has anyone can attain.

Also, trying to acquire powers aren't always the best thing for your self growth, but I know people will do it anyway.

Much love,
Y0m
All I know is I love you.
That's about all I can do.
Earth Ritual

Post by Earth Ritual »

Another way of saying this is your Soul Powers or Medicine.

Your Medicine is unique to your nature and it is something that only you can contribute. In fact, it is why you were born.

One way to find your medicine is to find what you are passionate about. It is easier to focus on just living a full and happy life than to focus on having magic powers. When your life is full of joy and you are living your passion your Medicine will manifest out of nowhere.
You are either for Life or against It. There is no in between.

I used to believe in god above. Now I'm filled with so much love.-Erykah Badu after the invocation of the Goddess

May the love that holds eternity at its fingertips kiss each and everyone one you on the lips. May your words bring worlds that bring hope to a world dying to be reborn.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

I also think that a lot of it comes down to what feels right. I am really interested in runes and sigils because they feel powerful, and "right" so i think they will work for me. I could be wrong but *shrugs*.

I dont know if that applies specifically to abilities but i think if you are drawn to something then you will be good at it, more so than something else which you do not like or which doesnt feel right.
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

Earth Ritual wrote: One way to find your medicine is to find what you are passionate about. It is easier to focus on just living a full and happy life than to focus on having magic powers. When your life is full of joy and you are living your passion your Medicine will manifest out of nowhere.
Very good way to put things earth ::thumbs up::
All I know is I love you.
That's about all I can do.
WitchyLady506

Post by WitchyLady506 »

Like most have said here, it's kinda what talents show. Abilities come in all forms and sometimes you just need to realize the power in your talents even if the seem mundane. You can always explore things as well, cause some times you have talents you didn't even know about^_^

Just do what comes natural....
They say only Silver Bullets kill the beast inside.....
Kaimira

Re: how do you know?

Post by Kaimira »

Li Li wrote:how do you know your... well i won't say power coz it makes it sound abit too much like power rangers..... ability? there are people who are healers, mediums, there are people good at divination all sorts, but how do you know which "category" you belong to?
one of the power rangers is a AV tech on CSI.

I love x-men they totally rock. I see auras and spirits is that consider a power? i know it's pretty lamo.
The shinning light is the way to path of creation
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

Seeing spirits and auras is, in my opinion, a brilliant ability. You can bring comfort to people when their loved ones pass, learn so much from the other side and with aura reading you can gauge a situation or person and see problems in those you hold dear.
Greek_Male_Witch

Hi...

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

Based on your astrological sign maybe? I'm good at divination and I read somewhere that indeed signs of air are good at divination and stuff...
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
Li Li

Re: Hi...

Post by Li Li »

Greek_Witch wrote:Based on your astrological sign maybe? I'm good at divination and I read somewhere that indeed signs of air are good at divination and stuff...
well i'm a Pisces if that means anything...

hmm.... maybe you guys are right i should just see what happens. maybe i need to develop or realise my abilities before i join the x-men clan (ha!).
Kaimira

Post by Kaimira »

Li Li,

i am a water baby too! I am a pisces. oh yeah i hate scott summers he's such a dumbass. lol I'd too wish to join the x-men. heh :P I need to upgrade my power stats heh. I am not a very good witch and i am still very new to the craft.

bright blessings
The shinning light is the way to path of creation
Li Li

Post by Li Li »

Kaimira wrote:i am a water baby too! I am a pisces.
i absolutely love that term lol!
Sallydreams

Post by Sallydreams »

By being self-aware you will be able to notice if you have an ability. By reading about them you will offer yourself the knowledge to notice it when it comes.

If it does show its self, meditation can always strengthen it and help give you focus in controlling it.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”