Circle

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Watertrine

Circle

Post by Watertrine »

I have some questions on casting Circles. Keep in mind I am really new to all this.

I have no alter nor do I really have a place to fashion a circle. Is this even necessary?

Does anyone else have a similar problem?
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

Magick doesnt rely on props like altArs etc... They simply help some people to concentrate on their purpose.

So you can still cast a circle with nothing at all, you dont strictly need a circle but for larger resources of energy it is really recommended. But to start with you dont need a circle.
Last edited by SpiritTalker on Sat May 08, 2021 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spelling
WitchyLady506

Post by WitchyLady506 »

To me the only time you need a circle is if you're doing something that could be magically dangerous and you need the circle to protect you, like during banishings. Other than that you don't need one. You don't need an alter either. I was taught my great grandmother that the best kind of magic is a prayer whispered with a pure heart and a strong will. You only need everything else if more than that is felt to be needed.

Get to know the craft and find out what works for you^_^
They say only Silver Bullets kill the beast inside.....
Ginger Faith!
Banned Member

Post by Ginger Faith! »

What i do when i cant fancy a circle is i pick certain items in my room, place them around as a circle of protection, and as the circle itself.
I power the objects with my power, and they are just as good as any crystal or feather.
Watertrine

Post by Watertrine »

Thank you for the responses. =)
Greek_Male_Witch

Hi...

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

What others said is correct, you don't need altars or a specific space, just consecrate a place and cast your circle...
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Circle

Post by SpiritTalker »

A circle is a sacred sanctuary in itself. An altar is a work table. The altar and circle both rep the Cosmos and Earth but in different sizes to build layers of symbolism; each reinforces the subconscious. Use it when you want the benefit of its influence.

Cramped Working Space
. Put your gear on a tray inside the planned area; start & end circuits at north
. Easy circle - stand near the middle & turn 🔄 to 👋air-sweep; lite incense; then turn ↩️, point 👉🏼; load, aim & push 💫; energy passes thru furnishings and walls; see it in your mind. Acknowledging quarters and welcoming Deity are options for adding layers of meaning. Ground yourself to end the rite you’ve finished what you came to do. The easy circle without quarter calls dissipates when walked through.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”