seven day candles

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
tkgirl

seven day candles

Post by tkgirl »

Is it ok to burn the same 7 day candle a second time... meaning another seven days? during the last waxing moon I burned a 7 day candle and planned it so the 7th day would land on the night of the full moon. I only burned maybe a third of the candle (burns slow I guess) so I was hoping to use it again this month... for the same spell and at the same time, starting on 7 days before the full moon. Is this wise or should I start the spell with a new candle? Thanks!
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

I think useing the same candle if possible for the same rite would be awesome. You have already invested a great deal of energy to it and thus more powerful.

If you were using a different spell i would say no
Greek_Male_Witch

Hi

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

Yes, if its for the same spell, you can use it again, if its for another, I don't know if its good to use it, I mean this candle is charged with the energy for a previous spell, if the spell, is the same, then its ok, but if not, then it won't work...
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
tkgirl

Post by tkgirl »

thanks guys! I will start this spell again 7 days before the next full moon... which is March 29th so I'll start it March 22nd. I will put the same energy into it and know that when the time is right what I wish for will be :)
chrs8gar

Post by chrs8gar »

tkgirl wrote:thanks guys! I will start this spell again 7 days before the next full moon... which is March 29th so I'll start it March 22nd. I will put the same energy into it and know that when the time is right what I wish for will be :)
Hi all,
I have a question, I have that the first quarter is on the 23d and the full moon on the 30th, i got this from a website, so if its incorrect please give me a resource that has correct information as I am planning a Self Dedication and some other things and have already marked my calendar. Thanks so much.. :)
tkgirl

Post by tkgirl »

[quote="chrs8gar"][quote="tkgirl"]thanks guys! I will start this spell again 7 days before the next full moon... which is March 29th so I'll start it March 22nd. I will put the same energy into it and know that when the time is right what I wish for will be :)[/quote]

Hi all,
I have a question, I have that the first quarter is on the 23d and the full moon on the 30th, i got this from a website, so if its incorrect please give me a resource that has correct information as I am planning a Self Dedication and some other things and have already marked my calendar. Thanks so much.. :)[/quote]

you're right... I have this cool app on my iphone called iEphemeris and it gave me those dates as well.. full moon is on the 30th not the 29th. I was looking on my wall calendar...
I'm very intrigued with the whole moon cycle thing and how it changes the energy here on the earth... it's pretty awesome stuff! :)
chrs8gar

Post by chrs8gar »

okay cool then I shall keep my calendar as is. Thanks :)

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”