Any advice on name change

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Serenity_MooneWillow

Any advice on name change

Post by Serenity_MooneWillow »

I want to find a name that I can grow into, and that will truly mean something to me. I thought I had figured one out, because it felt great at the moment, but that "aha" feeling went away shortly after.

So is there any advice on good websites to go to with name meanings, or Wiccan names? I am of Irish heritage, so it would be great to find something Celtic, and have also found myself drawn to fairies most of my life...so anything connected to those two things would be great!

I would greatly appreciate any advice in this area...stories of how you came upon your names would be great! :)

Sorry if I rambled, I tend to do that when I'm excited about something lol!
Formerly pandaprincess :)
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

Some people never change thier craft name but others (like me) change thier names as they grow.
Hexima

Post by Hexima »

hi all.

when i started to do the craft it changed the world around me and my self as well. i see things now with new eyes like i did the first time. it's pretty humble feeling. we all change as we grow in expierance and experment on using the power within us. charge the crystals is good exericese. :D if u can handle enery u can auras. yes i know i read alot of auras. i need a beer lol.

hugs
:D Blessed Be :D
Serenity_MooneWillow

Thanks guys! :D
Stephanie Mae

Re: Any advice on...?

Post by Stephanie Mae »

pandaprincess wrote:I am of Irish heritage, so it would be great to find something Celtic, and have also found myself drawn to fairies most of my life...so anything connected to those two things would be great!
The following reads might give you some ideas:

Fairy Legends and Traditions, Thomas Crofton Croker, 1825.

Gods and Fighting Men, Lady Gregory, 1904.

Ancient Irish Tales, T.P. Cross & C. H. Slover, 1936.

Book of Leinster, Áed Ua Crimthainn, 1160.

Lebor Gabála Érenn.
Serenity_MooneWillow

Awesome, thanks Stephanie! :)
Purple_wind
Banned Member

Post by Purple_wind »

You asked how we got our wiccan names.

I have two auras, I'm split in half because I was born in between horoscopes. Last time my friend checked (before another of my friends changed her) my right side was red and my left Blue. Red and blue make purple =D.

My element is air.

That's why I'm Purple_wind.
Serenity_MooneWillow

Wow that's awesome, Purple_wind! Thanks for the input/advice!! Any and all info I can gather is majorly helpful :D
)(Apollo the Good)(
Banned Member

name

Post by )(Apollo the Good)( »

I discovered my Wiccan name because I was in the same stage where I would spend hours and hours looking through deity names and all the magickal meanings.

A great tool to also help could be numerology. One day I was adding up my real name and realized it was 8. Finally, right after that I got the pull toward Apollo and I looked him up. Just feeling I got let me know it was RIGHT. Reading through all sorts of information on Him, it was as if my whole life was a reflection of who He is. I added up his name and it also yields 8! I was extremely excited and without numerology I may have never discovered it.
Serenity_MooneWillow

Thanks Apollo, that's way cool!! I have found numerology very helpful too! I added up the numerology of when I was born, and then the numerology of what I go by, which is Katie, and they were the same number. When I added my birth name, Kathleen, it was a different number! I came to the conclusion that I was meant to be Katie, which to me was awesome, since my birth name has never really fit me.

Sorry to go off topic a bit there haha, just thought it was interesting! :D
Emmialle

Post by Emmialle »

Hi Panda

Don't know if you've found a name by now or not, but I just stumbled on this thread, so I thought I'd post how I came by my name.

When I was just starting to really walk this path, I had read a lot about names and different ways people found theirs. I decided to journey to find my patron Goddess and ask her my name.

To make a long story short, Thalia, Muse of Comedy and happy endings, came to me and told me that I've been dedicated to her for many lifetimes. I asked her my name, and she told me Emmialle. I had to ask her how to spell it and what it meant. She told me it meant Shining Daughter. She also told me another name, that she said is my true name and I should not tell anyone else.

After the journey, I was curious, so I googled Emmialle. I found it is very close to a German word, emaille, which means enameled.

[/code]
Ginger Faith!
Banned Member

Post by Ginger Faith! »

Emmialle wrote:Hi Panda

Don't know if you've found a name by now or not, but I just stumbled on this thread, so I thought I'd post how I came by my name.

When I was just starting to really walk this path, I had read a lot about names and different ways people found theirs. I decided to journey to find my patron Goddess and ask her my name.

To make a long story short, Thalia, Muse of Comedy and happy endings, came to me and told me that I've been dedicated to her for many lifetimes. I asked her my name, and she told me Emmialle. I had to ask her how to spell it and what it meant. She told me it meant Shining Daughter. She also told me another name, that she said is my true name and I should not tell anyone else.

After the journey, I was curious, so I googled Emmialle. I found it is very close to a German word, emaille, which means enameled.

[/code]
Were you meditating?
Emmialle

Post by Emmialle »

For the time I was doing it, I suppose I would say I was meditating. I do much more shamanic journeying now, so it's become habit to say journeying.
Ginger Faith!
Banned Member

Post by Ginger Faith! »

Emmialle wrote:For the time I was doing it, I suppose I would say I was meditating. I do much more shamanic journeying now, so it's become habit to say journeying.
Oh. Alright.
Haha, sorry, i was just asking because I've been trying to do the same. Find a name, i mean.
Thanks for sharing your story, by the way.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”