Selfish Magic or Personal Gain? or whatever?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Greek_Male_Witch

Selfish Magic or Personal Gain? or whatever?

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

Hi, I know a post already has been made for this kind of topic, but mine is about me, and I really want to discuss it here, I watch people every single day, since I'v been borned and started to understand how world works, I have only one conclusion guys (and girls here!), if we put aside Karma for a minute, and we see the things without the fear of Karma, I think we people are kinda shit, you see where I'm going with this? if I don't try to steal someone else's thing (maybe money or something) someone else will do this to me, why should I be the good one? I mean its a subject I was thinking, why I should be the one who have to think that its bad to do something in order to receive someone else's work? I know it sounds pretty bad but its something I was thinking, every single person in this world, and in this specific era, looks after himself/herself only , why we don't do the same?I mean what holds you back? me? well its the guilt, of destroying myself by being bad and cursing literally people that harm me, I don't wanna be THAT person that turns to be bitter and bad at the end, whats your comments? its a discussion, I'm not trying to ask you to let me curse someone, hahaha I just discuss a subject I've been thinking...
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
Earth Ritual

Post by Earth Ritual »

I think karma is relative to your mission and purpose is life. Not everybody's mission and purpose are of the same degree.

I think that people are shitty too. And I think that most people pretend to be someone and something they aren't. And I think that if people where to see and be who they really are without all the masks and the bullshit, they would bring themselves to tears because they are so beautiful.

Create a Beautiful Life!
You are either for Life or against It. There is no in between.

I used to believe in god above. Now I'm filled with so much love.-Erykah Badu after the invocation of the Goddess

May the love that holds eternity at its fingertips kiss each and everyone one you on the lips. May your words bring worlds that bring hope to a world dying to be reborn.
jaelle

Post by jaelle »

Different folks have different views of why people "must" do good (especially considering the worldview of people=bad). Personally I partially believe that it's an expression of self-actualization (as in Maslow) but also I like to do good things because I like to do good things.

Greek witch, btw I think you're asking some great philosophical questions here! ::coolglasses::
Buttercup

Post by Buttercup »

Karma aside,for me the true meaning of happiness is to live up to your own moral standards. If you do something bad,like killing someone for example,but you do it because you're trying to defend yourself, then people will not blame you for what you did. But what if,no matter what the circumstances were and what people say,you feel that what you did was bad? No one can take this weight off your shoulders because you feel that you betrayed all that you believe in. So doing good things instead of bad things is way to be ok with yourself for me. I don't try to do good things because I am afraid that if I do something bad I will be punished,I try to do good things because I feel good about it. It might sound selfish,I don't know,but that's the way I see it.
Merry meet and merry part and merry meet again.
Stephanie Mae

Re: Selfish Magic or Personal Gain? or whatever?

Post by Stephanie Mae »

Greek_Witch wrote: I think we people are kinda shit, you see where I'm going with this? if I don't try to steal someone else's thing (maybe money or something) someone else will do this to me, why should I be the good one?
I personally do not believe that people are heinous. I believe that the picture that is set forth in front of us, by way of media, is a picture that attracts viewers or readers. Lets face it, negative or dramatic media receives all the attention.

For example; not too long ago in Colorado a man set up his hot air balloon to take off, supposedly with his six year old son inside. The set up was that his son somehow accidentally took off with the balloon and was traveling across the state. The news was all over this like a high speed car chase. When they eventually were able to "catch" the balloon, the boy was not inside. A few days later the news found out, that the father set this entire situation up for attention.

He knew the news would be all over this, because of the dramatically negative situation.

Not everyone is able to travel to see the world and the people of world at face value, so we receive our views by way of media. If you look closely and intimately at people, try to feel what they are really conveying. Listen to the words they are not saying, focus on the interests they try to hide or keep private. I think you will find that the majority of people in the world are really quite beautiful.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

People as a group are just irritations in my way.

Individuals however, are not always.

I just dislike areas with high densities of people. Im not afraid, just irritated, they get in my space, they walk in front of me s..o... s..l..o..w..l..y.. and then just stop right in the middle in a huge group. Gah!

Karma is something i am debating with myself. The laws of physics state that "every action has an equal and opposite good reaction" so does that mean that if i send out good energy, i then receive good energy (because send and receive are opposites, therefore the opposite of to send something is to receive something)

Or does it mean that by sending out good, i receive bad, for good and bad are opposites...
Hexima

Post by Hexima »

hi mae honey,

i am back from my hospital stay. i do believe peolpe can be really shitty, like when i as in a hospital this guy called me whore and every name in book i tried to defect it by ignore him but i could i let him have it. i told him that his pee pee was to small to use for anything. :P i could believe my self what i was doing and i pushed him. my anger just gets the better of me, i get this inragement that falls down on me. i know that event has made me negative and i should cleasn myself and get rid of the negative engery. the engery from this guy was scarry. i didn't say anything and watched what he would do. finely he lefted me alone for a while.
:D Blessed Be :D
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

I really think we are all naturally pure, blissful, and perfect. But due to being manefested in this material world we become conditioned by the 3 modes of nature, which are Goodness, Passion, and ignorance. we all have some combination of all of these 3 things around us at all times, and due to our attachment to the senses, we often let these things get the best of us and pull us away from who we truly are inside.

No one is bad and nothing you could do is bad, but you create your own heaven and hell in this life (and in the next if you beleive this). Everything that changes is found to be born of illusion when meditating deeply. The only thing that is ever real is your inner self. The true I.

Life in the material world is very difficult, which gives me much compassion for everyone struggling to break free. Contimplating leaving my body to live in pure bliss and trancendence is tempting, but I just cannot see leaving all of these poor people to suffer on their own.

Much love,
Y0m
All I know is I love you.
That's about all I can do.
Arianrhodd

Post by Arianrhodd »

Dear Greek_Witch,
Due to situations I have experienced and through observation, I have come to the conclusion that people generally suck. I generally am a very positive person, but being discriminated against by family members and peers alike, as well as nearly being raped on my front porch by a guy I had been friends with for three years, I became all too aware of the existence of evil. Once evil touches you, you do not forget it. Your eyes open
a lot and you also realize a darkness in you that is frightening.

Do you ever wonder if karma is asleep or just doesn't give a crap? I know I do. A relative of mine has the ability of the Evil Eye and uses it to cause bad things to happen to everyone around him. Yet, this individual has money. The jerk I used to be friends with that nearly raped me on my front porch practically has good things drop in his lap! I struggle just to have food and have no health insurance, my health is very poor, I cannot afford to get my teeth fixed despite their negative impact on my health, and I have not been to the eye doctor in more than two years.

These selfish people always manage to get not only their needs met, but everything else. None of them care about anyone else, and the rest of us are trying to figure out why. We are left being confused, angry, depressed, and frustrated. For me, it feels like things are never going to get better. The entire situation is infuriating!

Sincerely,
Arianrhodd
Purple_wind
Banned Member

Post by Purple_wind »

I have myself had karma bite me back alot. Simple things but they still happen, like I broke a guys heart and later on a different guy broke my heart worse in the same way. I also kept dropping my stuff for a whole week after I laughed at a jerk I know that dropped his stuff. He deserved it though. That's the one time I thought it was worth it because he makes fun of me and calls me names all the time. I never get a chance to get him back. =) I'm not doing it again though because I'm already clumsy. :tongue:
Ginger Faith!
Banned Member

Post by Ginger Faith! »

Arianrhodd wrote:Dear Greek_Witch,
Due to situations I have experienced and through observation, I have come to the conclusion that people generally suck. I generally am a very positive person, but being discriminated against by family members and peers alike, as well as nearly being raped on my front porch by a guy I had been friends with for three years, I became all too aware of the existence of evil. Once evil touches you, you do not forget it. Your eyes open
a lot and you also realize a darkness in you that is frightening.
This is verrry true.
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

Darkness is very real, and a lot of people in this age have given into it and let it control their lives. That does not mean we should give up on humanity, because then we just become one of those evil people. We are all the same inside, and it's our jobs to help spread this truth and our light to the world. In this way evil will not be able to hurt you, and the gods will provide for you everything you need in life.

Much love,
Y0m
All I know is I love you.
That's about all I can do.
Hexima

Post by Hexima »

hi yom,

it's good to see u again. :D i think about the darkness a lot and wilting goodness and bright futures. i kept those away since i turned 20 i went to the shamen to help me and i seen images and feelings while i was there. he blessed me. that was when i found out i am clairvoyant and my life chaged because i am clairvoyant. every where i go i see peoples auras at the mall, ultra sound tech.

the docs are just checking my liver. i had my gallbladder removed and since then i have trouble with my liver. but i am ok i'v been using health spells.
Arianrhodd

Post by Arianrhodd »

Dear Y0m,
What bothers me is how so many people think ignoring the darkness will make it go away. Such individuals then fear absurd and often false things instead of the real evil that is typically right in front of them! As you said, we must deal with it. The frustrating part is having people refuse to accept the truth, who try to make us look bad.

Dear Hexima,
I have always had clairvoyance, but it became much stronger when I was about 19 years-old. It would be nice to see auras, but that is not one of my abilities yet. I do see angel auras, just not people's. At first, I got worried and went to the eye doctor. He said my eyes were fine, and when Dr. Virtue wrote about it in her book, I was relieved to read about other people having the same experience.

I still have problems with my digestion and I had my gallbladder out at 20 years-old. In late October, a gastroenterologist said having a Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction is impossible and is an overly diagnosed condition. I do a lot of thorough research, and when I read a book on estrogen dominance, it was mentioned as an issue that often improves after bio-identical progesterone is administered. It turns out, I was not wrong. Dr. Lee in his book "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Menopause" described in detail how the body needs natural progesterone to dilate the Sphincter of Oddi for bile to pass through.

An overload of estrogen typically causes progesterone levels to be low, resulting in all kinds of awful symptoms. I now realize it may be the cause of all of my health problems. Everything from my gallbladder to my Thyroid has been out of sorts, and I was tested for Celiac and numerous other illnesses. I even followed a strict gluten-free diet for more than three years believing I was gluten-intolerant, only to discover it was irritating the overgrowth of yeast. I am telling you this because it may help you in some way. Let us know how your testing turns out! We all will be thinking of you.

Sincerely,
Arianrhodd
Hexima

Post by Hexima »

arian,

omg :shock: those tests u had i had the same, but they said i have irrable bowl syndrome. one test i hated when they put a camera down ur throat and up ur coolie "bum".

when i started to learn how to aura reading when i was 16 years old, i was pregnant at the time. i started to see auras everywhere i looked. i wasn't scared but i knew each person current or past. when i touch people i get a more acturate reading. i could see what ever they done. i bumped into cop soon as i touched him i get a massive headahce and all these images. i said to him, i am sorry for the baby u lost while on the job then he freaked out and asked me who and what am i. i told him. i said ididn't mean to read him. he told me to go home and sleep it off haha he thought i was loaded. :P

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”