Is it ok to do a spell to surpass someone at something?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.

Have you ever done a spell to hurt someone?

Poll ended at Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:13 pm

Yes
9%
No
82%
Kinda...
9%

Total votes: 11

TheMadamLuna

Is it ok to do a spell to surpass someone at something?

Post by TheMadamLuna »

I know this sounds so childish, but it is bothering me. Is it possible (or moral) to do a spell to get say...better grades than someone? It is a specific person that I need to beat at something. Any opinions are welcome :)
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

There is no need to ask us permission, you must decide what is right and wrong. Not us.

However, you are right, this is extremely childish and to live your life this way is to put yourself down all the time, there's no need to do that. Accept who you are, feel comfortable and you will have no need to beat anyone.

Believe in yourself.
TheMadamLuna

Post by TheMadamLuna »

Um..maybe the term "beat" isnt the right word. It's just that this person is the main person getting in my way of my goal.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

What goal?

It sounds to me like you are both trying for the same goal, a high grade, and more than one person can get that grade.

Unless of course there happens to be a girl or boy involved who you are trying to impress perhaps? ;)
TheMadamLuna

Post by TheMadamLuna »

LOL no I'm not trying to impress anybody :)

It's just...I REALLY want to be Valedictorian of our high school class, but the girl who is has almost PERFECT grades. It's scary. We graduate in 2012 so we have a lot of time, I know. :lol: But my grades are, well, average...so I think if I repeat this spell regularly like once a month until graduation, the spell will be strong enough to boost my grades higher than hers!
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

But surely *she* deserves that honour?

I am not saying you dont but i assume it is given to the person with the highest grades, here in the UK we dont have Valedictorians so i dont know.

However, if she has the highest grades then it should be her who is Valedictorian, especially if she earns her grades honestly.

What about considering a spell to help you study and concentrate?
Stephanie Mae

Post by Stephanie Mae »

This was moved to the Questions & Answers section.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

Seeing the thread again reminded me...

And then because im watching the bill i forgot again...

Ah yes... You state that you want to surpass someone else, would it not be better to simply concentrate on enhancing yourself and forget about the person you are trying to beat?

Like i touched on earlier, concentrate inwards, look at yourself and see your shortcomings, only compare yourself with what *you* could be, not what another person can be.

You will never be her, however, you can be at *your* best, and that is what i think you should aim for.

Do not aim to beat anyone, simply aim to improve yourself.

Magickally you can do this via magick to improve concentration, help you to find time to study and make that study time more productive. To calm yourself while studying etc...
Xal

Post by Xal »

The way you phrased the question I'm sure you already know the answer. :)
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself" - Carl Sagan
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

Why do you want to be Valedictorian so bad?
Ingwe

Post by Ingwe »

If she have almost perfect grades is probably because she work to have them...
Buttercup

Post by Buttercup »

I have as a general rule to be careful of what exactly I ask. Sometimes things have a funny way of manifesting in our lives: let's say you cast the spell and you earn better grades than her,but someone else finally gets better grades than both of you. Have you thought of that possibility? You may consider this improbable,but at least while I was at school things like that happened. In school I've always had almost perfect grades but not perfect. In the last two years of high school I still got almost perfect grades,but most of the kids who had always had perfect grades ended up having lower grades than me. Some of them really low. I ended up being the best student of my class. So sometimes you can't really say who will end up with better grades in the end. All you CAN do for sure is make sure you are your best. I would really recommend casting spells that will help you in some way to get better grades than you have now,not better grades than other people. I really do believe that the spell you're thinking of casting has a chance to backfire.
Merry meet and merry part and merry meet again.
TheMadamLuna

Post by TheMadamLuna »

To JBRaven: I want to be Valedictorian because they can do anything! :D they are pretty much invinsible. The teachers love them and treat them better than the other students and most importantly, they can go to any college they want! Even the Ivy League.

Teachers and college recruiters dont care if a student is nice or hard working, just if they have a 4.5 GPA and are the president of every club in school :(
Hexima

Post by Hexima »

hi sweeties,

i didn't finish high school because i missed to many day when i was pregnant with my son. i did a lot of learning on my own i became interested in 3d modeling 14 years ago and now i run my own buissness, i do photographery, build computers and program applacations and networking. i do want to go back to school
:D Blessed Be :D
Airlight
Banned Member

Post by Airlight »

I dislike how people make Valedictorians be....I was an average student with good grades, I was accepted into a very good college for arts...while the Valedictorian who I use to know is now pregnant and high on drugs. Working hard and doing the best you can will get you into college not having Valedictorian by your name.
TheMadamLuna, I highly doubt things have changed from when I graduated in 2004, you can achieve anything once you put your mind to it. You do not need a GPA of 4.5(I thought it only went up to 4.0).

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”