homoeopathy, true or false?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Twisted_Pixie

Post by Twisted_Pixie »

Just a thought..... how is it so hard to believe that homoeopathy works when alot of pagans believe spells work?
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Well, Pixie- I understand what you're getting at- but in this case, with one being a metabolic/physical result reached using either medicinal or self-induced mental "healing," and the other (spells) involving a harnessing of energies for a directed purpose, they are very different things. While we spell-doers may often seem like open-ended believers, when it comes to medicinal cures, a lot of people are skeptical.

I can definitely appreciate my own healthy skepticism. :wink:

~BB~
*M
Twisted_Pixie

Post by Twisted_Pixie »

I actually disagree.... i think they are both extremely similar and homoeopathy actually DOES harness energy, hence why there is no molecular residue of the original mother remedy, it is holding the energy only of the plant, mineral etc...
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Well, I still don't know all the science behind the manufacturing of homeopathic remedies, and I believe the question behind this thread, overall, was originally more along the lines of 'real remedy versus placebo effect' -so that was what I was referring to. I can't really even conjecture about something I don't have enough knowledge on, so I've avoided the manufacture/remaining plant energy questions; though, comparing what has already been said here about how homeopathy is made, I can see what you're getting at, Pixie.

~BB~
*M
Twisted_Pixie

Post by Twisted_Pixie »

Thats cool =) Just the comment about homoeopathy being physical/metabolic wasn't entirely correct as it works energetically pretty much.

As i've only ever manufactured homoeopathics in a lab at uni i can't really can't comment in that aspect, but i can say that trying it for yourself before you make a decision always is the best idea hehe. As i said earlier, when we were being trained in homoeopathy i was highly skeptical, but i decided to try it for myself... though i don't believe it is the be all and end all to all ailments etc, i do believe in some things it works a treat.... in my opinion i believe it works best for emotional and mental issues.

I'm glad someone finally sees my point though hehee.

Blessed be
Pix
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Oh, you misunderstood me a bit, Pixie- I had said "with one being a metabolic/physical result reached using either medicinal or self-induced mental 'healing' ..."
-(Meaning the result of a "successful use" of homeopathy came from either a literal metabolic reaction or a mentally-induced healing/placebo effect.)

Just wanted to clarify. :28:

~BB~
*M
Twisted_Pixie

Post by Twisted_Pixie »

Thats cool, i still kinda disagree with that comment lmao!! Sorry!!!! I think i might leave it though....

Mwah!

Pix
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Oh boy. Ok, are you alleging then, that, (presuming homeopathy 'works'), that there is no metabolic, physical reaction generated from the use of it? You keep saying you disagree but aren't supporting your statement.

As I see it, whether homeopathy elicits a placebo effect or an actual physical change of some sort, regardless of where it comes from/how it works, it is still affecting the person's (or animal's, as the case may be), metabolic physical selves. Why else take it, if not for a physical 'improvement' of the underlying issue?

Please do explain.

~M

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”