Witch's Ladder

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
midnightgoddess

Witch's Ladder

Post by midnightgoddess »

Hello all! :)

I stumbled upon a ready made "witch's ladder" and did some research (googling :type: ). Has anyone ever made one before or heard of these? Some sites say it's used to curse/kill people, others say it's used for meditation and spells.

http://paganwiccan.about.com/od/bookofs ... Ladder.htm

Thanks in advance for your input. ::hug::
Xal

Post by Xal »

I've heard of a witches cradle...
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself" - Carl Sagan
Ginger Faith!
Banned Member

Post by Ginger Faith! »

I took a look on that, i am really starting to like about.com
Buttercup

Post by Buttercup »

I've read about different kinds of magic ladders,used in knot magic. I suppose that you can use it to harm someone,as all things can be used for good or bad things(it depends on the intentions you have when you use something). Apart from using them in meditation and counting,I've also encountered spells about wishing ladders,where the general instructions are to use a cord in a colour related to your need and 9 seeds or dried flowers etc also related to your need and tie every piece of seed with a knot(9 knots in total) while visualising your need. You can then hang it somewhere in your house as a magical decoration that will help bring forward the thing that you desire. I don't have a certain spell about this procedure as I haven't made something like that yet,but you can write your own.
Merry meet and merry part and merry meet again.
Ginger Faith!
Banned Member

Post by Ginger Faith! »

How do you braid around the items?like how ywould you stick the stuff into it?
midnightgoddess

Post by midnightgoddess »

Hey guys, Thanks for the info. I believe it is just the name for the product of "knot magick" right?

Ginger Faith - I think you can use stuff like shells and rocks with holes or in the form of beads to string through. I've been thinking maybe even little silver charms in the shape of things could be used for this. Like little cat charms, four leaf clovers, hearts, pentacles, etc. But I could be wrong.
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

Knot magic is a way to store energy for later use. And yes you can use all those things it is your magic do it as you see fit.
Iduna

Post by Iduna »

Knot Magic

Knot magic has a long history, it has been used in many religions. In the Catholic church one would make a knot when he/she was praying to a saint for help, the knot was used to bind the saint to the person until he/she was helped. The Hindus associated the knots with the gods of death. Buddhists thought that loosening a knot was a sign of being freed. In many cultures knots would be loosened when a woman was giving birth, because knots would cause difficulties.

Knot magic can be used for many purposes, to protect, to seal a decision, to help others, to let something go, ...
The color of the rope and the number of knots depends on what you are planning to do. In my coven we once worked with a rope for better uhm well mature content here haha, I guess you can understand. We made nine knots and then when we would need it we would loosen the knots and let the magic work, it actually worked, but I didn't really need it :lol:
There is also a specific way to make the knots and a invocation for every knot (which I know in Dutch but sadly not in English).
Last edited by SpiritTalker on Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed text size
WitchyLady506

Post by WitchyLady506 »

Witch ladders, like many have stated are apart of know magick. You do such when you want to keep a constant energy flow in your life or keep something bound to/from you. It's actually apart of some native magick and making jewelry, like protection amulets. It's one of the best things to use if you want something like an amulet.

And of course you can do something negative with it like, make one for bad luck and give to some one as a gift(i use gift as it's German for poison).
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Witch's Ladder

Post by SpiritTalker »

Old post

There’s a loop on one end of the cord in the picture & there’s an interesting reason for it - Historically a cow hobble was used for the cord so as to control a person or task just as the hobble controlled the milk cow.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”