Cleansing

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Isabeau09

Cleansing

Post by Isabeau09 »

Since tonight is a full moon I was planning on cleansing my home and business by burning sage. However this is my first time doing it by myself, so I was hoping I could get some tips from the more experienced Witches.

Where my business is located it has a wide open space, so should I burn in the 4 corners or should I wave the sage all around the space and try to cover the entire area?

Is there anything that you would chant while you are burning the sage?

And any other advice to this newbie would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank You!!
AP670
Banned Member

Post by AP670 »

do what feels right, not what you were told was right.
Greymalkin
Banned Member

Post by Greymalkin »

I agree with Athiest, 100%

My best advice to all newbies is avoid all "how to" advice and keep well clear of anybody who claims to be an expert.

Just gather together all the things you might need to do the clearing and just start.
Your inner voice will tell you exactly what needs doing.

Besides, it's much more fun doing your own thing rather than following a script. You may also be a little surprised as to what comes up.
Whitewitchboi_235

Post by Whitewitchboi_235 »

why would you burn sage to clean your business?

lemon water smells better, and no dust after.
Greymalkin
Banned Member

Post by Greymalkin »

It's more of a spiritual cleansing than a physical cleansing WWboi.
Whitewitchboi_235

Post by Whitewitchboi_235 »

oh, sorry. do you mind me asking how that works, then?
Greymalkin
Banned Member

Post by Greymalkin »

Not at all, everything gives off and also absorbs energy, because everything is made of energy.
This even applies to untangable things like a business.
If the business, like a home, is housed in a building then the building itself can hold onto energy which can become stale and stagnant and in the long term could start to have a negative effect on the business.
This also applies to concepts as well as physical things.
Say for example you intend to write a book, or have a long term idea or plan. All these things take a long time to achieve, so every now and then you may wish to spiritually cleanse them to stop them going stale.
I'm not entirely sure what kind of cleansing Isabeau09 had in mind, I hope he/she comes back and says more.
Sage is one of the herbs that is ideal to use for a spiritual cleansing.
Actually though, you weren't far off with your lemon water idea. Lemon is a natural astringent and I probably wouldn't use it for a spiritual cleansing but I would certainly use it to breathe new life into something.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”