Chaos magic

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
AP670
Banned Member

Post by AP670 »

They also compare it to qountom physics above this. Awesome.
In magical terms, a strange attractor would be, say, astral projection, or energy centers aligned along the spinal column. Or the interaction with non-corpreal intelligences (gods, demons, spirits, etc.) A kind of pattern that always seems to arise regardless of the particular belief-set that goes along with the actual techniques. Within them all lay the "strange attractors" that can be harvested from the morass of archaic symbolism and put to use by the canny magician.
AP670
Banned Member

Post by AP670 »

I might go crazy?
The practice of meta-belief confers an awful freedom and an awful responsibility. Practicing Chaos Magic involves the temporary adoption of an obsessive belief system that allows for the possibility of magic to accomplish specific effects, and then the abandonment of that belief system upon the completion of the work. Subsequent, and even contradictory belief systems are adopted in turn as need or desire may dictate. To do this (and not go completely insane) it is of paramount importance that no one particular set of beliefs is ever accepted as being ultimately true.
Ehh I am already krazy. =p
AP670
Banned Member

Post by AP670 »

So am I sinister atheist with relative humanist morals? Consiquntialist.
This rejection of moral absolutism, more than anything else, accounts for the sinister reputation of Chaos Magic in modern occultism
That doesnt mean being immoral.

Ahh, I don't like those things, good thing Chaos doesnt have them.
Chaos Magic bypasses the issue entirely; there is no dogma to indoctrinate you into "good" or "positive" moral standards before getting the details of the technique. When you practice Chaos Magic, you must choose for yourself what (if anything) is good or evil.
So far not a lot really needs to change much.
AP670
Banned Member

Post by AP670 »

Psychology gets mentioned too. =D
AP670
Banned Member

Post by AP670 »

Found more on it. Still want more.
Tao, Zen And Deconstructionism

Philosophically, Chaos Magic bears a resemblance to Taoism, except for the Taoist's attitude of quietism and passivety. Success hinges on ego-annihilation, so there is a lot in common with the Buddhist Nagarjuna and Madhyamaka schools, and perhaps even more so with the Nyingmapa school of Tibetan Buddhism. An examination of the Chod rituals of Tibetan Buddhists will yield valuable clues as to the formulation of effective Chaos rites. The effect of a Zen Buddhist koan on the discursive mind is a small taste of what a Chaos Magician seeks.

The practice of Chaos Magic can be destablizing, because it's designed to deconstruct belief. Like psychedelic drugs, it can drastically alter your reality. So it's not for the squeamish, or for those who fear what lurks in their deepest selves, for it is from those deep selves that the Chaos Mage forges his or her gods and demons.

Such dualistic concepts as "white" or "black" magic are not applicable to Chaos Magic, at least not in the sense of being good or evil. Magic is a force, like electromagnetism, and has no inherent moral qualities. Peter Carroll wrote in Liber Null, "The end results of either path are likely not to be dissimilar, for the paths meet in a way that is impossible to describe. The so-called 'middle way', or path of knowledge, consisting of the mere second hand acquisition of ideas, is an excuse to do neither and leads nowhere." As a result, Chaos Magicians tend toward pushing the extremes, finding balance by swinging from pole to pole, rather than seeking "moderation."
AP670
Banned Member

Post by AP670 »

Hahaha
Though the humor may tend toward the satirical, there is a large measure of genuine amusement at what a collossal joke the universe actually is, and how much fun it can be to laugh along with it.
Thats (Bleep) funny.
Alicat
Banned Member

Post by Alicat »

AP670
Banned Member

Post by AP670 »

To believe or not to believe, that is the question. Xp lol . That's to absolute. WAll that I have read seems to stress, that when one temporally suspends disbelief, you are not believing it, but no longer disbelieving it. At first I thought the suspension was both, but then I realized that it is neither. You are neither believing nor disbelieving. The suspension seems to lead to a strange form of open agnosticism. This in turn seems to become a personal and pure form of magical gnosism.

peace
mick

The Chaos, seems to me, to be, a direct line to that which is. The is that isn't. To Magic. Everything. It is a bypass of everything. It is stripped of culture/society, theology/religion, or moral definition. Although it borrows heavily at times. It is unrefined and undefined.

There are no laws, rules, philosophy and ethics/morals. Karma and the three fold law manifest themselves out of this chaos. As does everything else. At first I wondered if any laws would apply when borrowing from a place where their are laws. I then thought, only if one suspends disbelief in these laws themselves will they manifest. Then the chaos, and the magic from it has no laws governing it. The chaos it self is everything/nothing. It contains no type attributes, these are refined from it.

The chaos becomes refined when one attaches an influence to it. Cultural/social, religious/theological, and philosophical thoughts begin to refine, shape, and define the chaos. It separates. Like pure white light hitting a prism and reflects out the rainbow, so to does the chaos. The chaos splits and becomes everything/something/nothing. The classes of magic diverge from the others, breaking up and defining the chaos, like colors coming from light.

The chaos itself can be tapped. This in turn is/can be used/the same as tapping in to the universe. One can gain perfect oneness, the obliteration of the self, the perfect state on none existence. One can become a part of the chaos, universe, everything through the chaos/abyss. One should be really careful when tapping or entering the chaos/abyss/universe it's self. You should be anchored and aware of oneself. To hold oneself separate one should know and understand themselves. Caution. Could be used as a way to reach enlightenment.

peace
mick

some of my thoughts??
Yea?
HonorRose
Banned Member

Post by HonorRose »

That is enlightenment, dude. Becoming one and becoming whole by becoming everything and becoming nothing.

Divine Interconnection and all that jazz. It just has to be 'experienced' in order to be called enlightenment. Supposedly.
Alicat
Banned Member

Post by Alicat »

Alicat
Banned Member

Post by Alicat »

AP670
Banned Member

Post by AP670 »

Alicat wrote:But seriously,
atheist of peace wrote: You should be anchored and aware of oneself. To hold oneself separate one should know and understand themselves.
Yes, and this is the part Sun Tzu knew that most of the contemporary chaos teachers overlook, we must have wisdom, self knowledge and knowledge of what we are dealing with.
and in all its forms. Where else is Sun Tzu and his wisdom of power? I haven't gone over that in my mind fully yet. Ohh and I think I'll make a thread about my Art of War.

I got some more thoughts
AP670
Banned Member

Post by AP670 »

On methods of chaos magic:

The chaos mage can use the chaos. He can change it, manipulate it, touch it, etc... The chaos when being used breaks down in to different applicable systems. These systems can usually fall under the domain of three methods of practice. The three methods of practice made of system are; borrowing, personal, and channeling. These three are by no means exclusive of /to each other.

Borrow in is elccentric. Any form of magic can be used and it can be combined with any other form of magic, for any reason, anyway, anywhere.Method acting comes into play deeply here.

In regards to personal chaotism, its deeply individualistic. What works, works. Going with gives you the most success and vibes right with you. Magic and be created, adapted, and borrowed. The magic will be derived from you philosophy and views as a tool. It will be apart of you and your experience.

Working with the chaos directly is what i termed channeling. Handling raw, unfiltered, and undirected power. Results are chaotic, unpredictable, and unstable. Any outcome is potential. This potential may be directed by the will of the individual self. With some amount of structure the chaos can be traversed. Travel becomes more safely possible with the plane of the chaos abyss becomes watered down. Systems are used and developed. Beings could exist. Traveling a multi layered abyss of chaos planes.

peace
Mick
AP670
Banned Member

Post by AP670 »

On Order, Randomness, and Chaos:

Order and randomness(Disorder) are polar opposites. A belief structure of duality can be used to view them as black and white. Chaos is neither order nor disorder, just as it is both order and randomness. It is the blend of the two. Chaos is randomness with the appearance of order, order that appears random, ordered randomness, random order. It is the result of the unification of opposites.

Imagine a bunch of people standing over a rail they at random toss stones to the level beneath them. The method and results appear random but they stemmed from an ordered system with intent. Decisions were made. This is a blending of order and disorder. This its self can not be the chaos, for I have described it to you. So is too, with the Tao.

I have these magnetic stones. They attract and repel each other. These magnetic stones can be moved randomly. The results appear to have order about them. Patterns emerge as well as the appearance of design. The appearance of design in something undesigned is chaos. This can not be the real/full chaos nor the Tao. It puts an image in to your head. If you can picture it, it is not.

EDIT: Chaos as Pure Potential:

The primal chaos is a oneness, a singularity, a unification. In it is everything. Chaos contains what was, what is, what will be, what could be, what should be, what might be, what is perceived to be, what can believed to be, what is thought to be, what can imagined to be..... It has the potential to be everything/something/nothing. This in turn makes the chaos primal infinite. Chaos is potential. It is the pure and primal potential of infinite possibilty.

peace
Mick

Does this one even make sense to anyone else?
AP670
Banned Member

Post by AP670 »

What of chaos/chaos magic and coincidence? anyone on that?

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”