General Help Needed

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
MidnightWolf
Banned Member

General Help Needed

Post by MidnightWolf »

I have a few questions...

1. How do I know which hand is my recieving hand and which one is projecting? Is there a test/exercise to find out?

2. How do you cast a circle? What do you do?

3. How can I strengthen my sheild?

4. What should my BoS contain?

5. How should I start/end a ritual?

6. Can anyone give me general advice on wicca?

7. How do I discover my guides?

Thanks in advance

Blessed be
Release.the.bats
Banned Member

Post by Release.the.bats »

1. How do I know which hand is my receiving hand and which one is projecting? Is there a test/exercise to find out?
Generally your dominant hand is the projecting and your other hand is receiving. I use both of my hands for both acts, so it isn't limited. It just depends on which hand you have better control over.

www-geocities-com-four-magick-circle
[EDIT] web domain no longer supported in the USA

3. How can I strengthen my shield?
Putting it up daily.

Whatever you want it too that pertains to witchcraft/wicca.
Spells, potions, herbs etc.

You start the same way you end only you go the opposite direction.
So, if you began asking for the elements in a clockwise motion, you go counterclockwise to say thanks.

There are a few Wiccans here who could be of service to you.

http://shadowofanubis.blogspot.com/2009 ... uides.html
My blog

Feel free to ask if you need anything clarified.
Last edited by Firebird on Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed broken link
Imiko
Banned Member

Post by Imiko »

I am a Wiccan and can help you out on that one. That was very Informative, thanks, Bats. ^.^
Damien

Post by Damien »

That was very informative indeed. I too am a Wiccan and am here to help if I am needed :D
MidnightWolf
Banned Member

Post by MidnightWolf »

Thanks for the help :D

I used to practice witchcraft a few years ago...well it started when I was about 8-I discovered witchcraft via Neopets. I found a healing spell, and one time my mum's neck was sore so I did the spell on her...and she was like "Where did you learn that? Witchcraft is very dangerous...you don't know what you are dealing with. Never use a pendulum or a Ouija Board-they are evil...blah blah blah" You get the idea. So I stopped with my obesession with witchraft. Oh and my mum destroyed my pendulum...she was so beautiful *sniff* Then at the age of about 11, a new girl came to school and she was very interested in witchcraft so we practised together...at school. I practised witchcraft for a few years...did a few spells that turned out quite well (healing spells,protection spells etc) but I never cast a circle. I couldn't..if I did then my mum would surely notice. I couldn't make an altar or anything else. I hid my BoS...which I had to destroy because my mum found it :cry:

Eventually...I gave up. No-one was going to take this seriously. So here I am...starting again. And as for the BoS...now I have made one on Microsoft Publisher that is saved to my USB that my mum has no idea how to use...so she will never find it :D
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: General Help Needed

Post by SpiritTalker »

Old topic

OP had a few questions...

1. How do I know which hand is my recieving hand and which one is projecting? Is there a test/exercise to find out?
. Usually the projecting hand is dominant and is the hand you write with, so the receiving hand is the other one.

Simple Circle - no quarter calls or invocation is done
. Put your gear for your purpose inside the planned working space. Ground & Center.
. Begin facing north - Air draw an invoking pentagram sign ↙️⭐️
. Walk thrice around deosil 🔃, 1st purify with salt-water, 2nd bless with incense, 3rd 👆🏽point and Cast the circle.💫
say, “Around & ‘round about, all good in, all bad out. / As I walk the circle is cast guarding all & holding fast.”
. No summoning is done. Proceed with your spell, meditation or divination.
. When done, air draw the banishing ↗️⭐️. Ground Yourself. The circle dissipates when walked through. See Getting Started post in WC 101 section for full length ritual.

viewtopic.php?f=80&t=34769&p=261827#p261827.

3. How can I strengthen my sheild?
Build Skills
. Focusing - Hold your gaze on🕯a candle flame’s dance until it’s all you’re aware of.
. Grounding - Imagine your energy moves down the spine from your crown & into the Earth; pull up to open chakras
. Centering - Draw power on the breath from the earth & sky into the belly
. Projecting - Draw power to the belly. Think it & push power from the belly & thru your hands 🙌🏽 ☝🏽
. Shielding - focus, ground, center, project energy from the belly into your aura. 🛡 See it in your mind.

Just Suggestions, use any or all
. Use color & illustrations 🍄
. Charts & diagrams save writing things out, ex. Wheel-of-the-Year, Elemental correspondences
. Beliefs, what makes you a witch, your personal beliefs
. Ethics, where do you draw the line. 🚧
. Recitations - Charge of the Goddess, Wiccan Rede, Witches Creed, Witches Rune, Besom chant
. Rituals - Complete Circle Ritual, Draw Down Moon, Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram
. Goddess & God or Fae, powers, symbols, prayers, offerings & relevant dates
. Recipes - Holliday foods, oil & incense blends, magical powders, potions & tinctures
. Spells - bags-sachets, bottle-jar, candles, chanting-trance, cords-knots, grids & mandalas, petitions, potions, sigils
. Divination forms you like - Crystal, Pendulum, Runes or Staves, Stones, Tarot or Oracle deck, etc.
. Misc. - Psychic experiences; green living; garden plans; nature trail maps; Witchy websites, password/user ID

. Start - Focus, ground and center. Cleanse & bless work area. Air draw an invoking ↙️⭐️.
. End - Say thanks, release what was called air draw a banishing ↗️⭐️ & ground yourself.

See all of the above plus...
. holidays represent nature’s cycles 🎃Samhain, 🦔 Imbolc, 🌸Beltane, 🍞Lamas and 🌕 full moons
. The texts Charge of the Goddess and full length Wiccan Rede are just guidelines
. Wicca is a pagan religion that practices witchcraft
. Wiccans accept a Goddess and a God who personify Nature, sometimes called triple🌛🌕🌜goddess & 🦌horned god
. Don’t summon what you can’t banish. Dismiss what you call. Close what you open. Harm none, do what you will.

Meditate and invite the guide to introduce itself. You might get a thought-voice reply then or later thru synchronistic events or in a dream. When you think you’ve gotten an intro then in a day or so repeat & ask for a double check & a recognition sign for that Being. Thereafter, acknowledge them when you get the recognition sign. You set the rules.

Here’s a ritual viewtopic.php?f=4&t=500

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”