Mercury in retrograde help?

General questions and conversations about astrology.
Negoni-Negara

Mercury in retrograde help?

Post by Negoni-Negara »

With mercury retrograde coming , I was wondering what to do to reflect the negative influences that come from the astronomical phenomena.
I was thinking of maybe making a talisman of sorts or a ritual or something of the sort , but I'd like to know what other witches inputs are.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Mercury in retrograde help?

Post by SpiritTalker »

I'm not much into astrology beyond a sun sign (& my own petty chart) & don't even know what mercury in retrograde is really about. Planets simply don't go physically backwards so I get it that it's an "appearance of" association & since Mercury is associated with the mind, communication & travel I'd expect that retrograde would be a time to avoid head-ology, long distance spell castings, or making speeches. If traveling far check the spare, stash some cash in hidden spaces & be aware of alternate routes. So that's how I'd treat it if I thought about it. I'd love to know what sort of talisman or ritual you'd envision... shields up, maybe? That would interesting.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Mercury Retrograde isn't so bad (although I do now regularly track it in my planner and plan accordingly). Most of the stuff you can do to protect yourself is mundane -- double check that your email has gone through, expect hiccups when you travel and build in some extra time (no 30-minute layovers in the airport to catch your next flight!), some extra miscommunications, etc. It's a good exercise in practicing patience and forgiveness of ourselves and others! Plus, I like to view Mercury Retrograde as a blessing in disguise -- it's a time for taking a pause, doing some inner reflection, and refocusing on what matters.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Negoni-Negara

Post by Negoni-Negara »

Thank you both for your inputs on my question.
Firstly , I was considering perhaps doing a form of prayer and maybe some crystal work , perhaps also hanging something outside my door or on it as well as something to wear or carry through the duration of said period.
That , and most likely some prayers and more focus on aura cleansing and strengthening.
Also , thank you Xiao for bringing up your more positive perspective , I'll keep it in mind in future regards.
Again , thank you both for the advice.
barker

Post by barker »

Mercury retrograde is forever, NOT for abstinence. This is the biggest lie in the book.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

@ barker ..what book are you referring to?
Xiao Rong wrote: I like to view Mercury Retrograde as a blessing in disguise -- it's a time for taking a pause, doing some inner reflection, and refocusing on what matters
Exactly, And I feel deep philosophical conversation can happen at this time too. I'll be doing some re-focusing soon and forest healing too, though I do have to drive to get there, so I'll put it out there... "all will go smoothly and well on this trip".
:fairy: :flyingwitch: 8-)
bb, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
barker

Post by barker »

firebirdflys wrote:@ barker ..what book are you referring to?
Any such problem as "we are knowing this" can be discretely solved as "I am choosing myself" - thus I refer to the bad book as gospel, the good news as anything and everything that succeeds it. :)
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

barker wrote:Mercury retrograde is forever, NOT for abstinence.
I can see this as true, in a way.

Of course it is never for abstinence. Retrograde makes a planet go inward or to reflect upon the past

reflecting upon the past could be associated with the perception of time as cyclic or as past-present-future existing all at once.

It's a good piece of poetry to say it's forever.
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)
barker

Post by barker »

To jot down an insight I had a short time ago. There are two types of boredom! Reflective (the truth), and destructive (lies). I think this is the truth about the difference between good people and evil people.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Ya, so that trip we took...I had tried to push back the knowledge of the fact we were traveling the first day of the retrograde. It can be hard to do but not altogether sure that makes a whole lot of difference? maybe it does? I experienced literally no trouble with the car, though my camera did cause some consternation as it wasn't focusing properly. When my daughter arrived at camp, we helped her set up then decided to go for drive in her car. ...her car Battery deader than a doornail, she was a bit freaked out because on top of this we are in the boondocks and there is no cell reception whatsoever. I had refrained from telling her mercury was in retro because I didn't want to worry her further, but it is so typical of mercury retro to have an item that is mechanically/electronically ready to bite the dust or otherwise crash, on the first day of retro. This page has some really good information https://www.astrologyhoroscopereadings. ... endar.html
I have also found communications to be of issue, but not always in a bad way. In some cases it can cause a deeper understanding of something by allowing us to review the past and possibly have difficult conversations about it that in the long run brings healing or sound knowledge.
More often than not it's a time to open mouth and insert foot, then it gets worse when one tries to correct it.
It's also not a time to have any kind of surgery.
Our next retrograde is on Samhain, (October 31), I don't think I will travel this year on that day, but it might be fun to get into the heads of the trick-or-treaters! goodnevil
Many blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

Whenever Mercury goes retro it makes me reflect on my past lovers & crushes. A thing I'd rather forget, yet it offers the mercy of putting an image down that was left hanging somewhere in time-space.
firebirdflys wrote: I have also found communications to be of issue
People born with Mercury retrograde don't speak much, they focus it into their inner world.
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)

Return to “Astrology and Zodiac”