Venus Retrograde

General questions and conversations about astrology.
Oakheart

Venus Retrograde

Post by Oakheart »

Contrary to popular belief, Mercury is not the only planet that goes retrograde. Venus will be retrograde from approximately July 25th to September 6th. Depending on how much faith you place in astrological conditions, this means that romantic relationships might suffer from negative astrological influences. Here are a few tips:
  • Hold your ground. Do not jump into a commitment if you have just met someone. And certainly do not make any big decisions such as getting married until Venus retrograde blows over.
  • Be patient. Ride things out. You might be tempted to end an existing relationship that is going through a rough patch, but you are not necessarily in the right state-of-mind during Venus retrograde. See how the weeks and months proceeding Venus retrograde play out.
  • Keep your guard up. Venus retrograde is often a time when old flames try to pop back into your life, which can be very detrimental.
  • Be happy with your appearance. Venus retrograde can often drive people to upgrade their physical beauty by dying their hair, trying new makeup, and getting plastic surgery. However, the results are often unappealing, so hold off for now.
Student of Rosicrucianism, Neoplatonism & Hermetic Kabbalah.
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Re: Venus Retrograde

Post by Naudia Threng »

Thanks for this post! I have no idea what retrograde is, but ill remember that its a bad time for lovers. And btw, Plotinus is so great. My favorite quote from him is “Being is desirable because it is identical with Beauty, and Beauty is loved because it is Being. We ourselves possess Beauty when we are true to our own being; ugliness is in going over to another order; knowing ourselves, we are beautiful; in self-ignorance, we are ugly."
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.
dualhands

Post by dualhands »

I recently read that during this venus retrograde an ex lover will come back into play. Not for a rekindle, but for reminiscing.
diligentibus te dilectio qua dilexisti me , sic fiat
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

Well, then I'll be safe at least!

Ex Lovers: 0
Current Lovers: 0
Prospective Lovers: 0

Yayyyy me!
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

I'm sorry that I don't have a source for this, but I did read that if a planet was in retrograde at the time you were born, you won't be as affected by it any other time it goes retrograde. For example: I'm not as affected by those lovely Mercury retrograde periods because Mercury was in retrograde when I was born. :mrgreen:
For some retrograde insights, I'd like to recommend http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/retr ... chart.html You can also get a natal chart from this sight too. http://astro.cafeastrology.com/cgi-bin/astro/natal
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

Could somebody interpret this for me? I'm so lost.

http://astro.cafeastrology.com/cgi-bin/ ... es&lang=en
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

You might want to scroll down to the natal chart report. The top of your page is just saying what planets are where. Further down is where it will start to describe your personality.
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Azure Lily wrote:Could somebody interpret this for me? I'm so lost.
Did you see that your chart was already interpreted on the bottom of the linked website, under the 'Natal Chart Report - Birth Chart' heading?
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

Dumb me, I didn't even scroll down that far. But I just read it and my personality seems very conflicting.
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Welcome to the paradox ;)

Return to “Astrology and Zodiac”