Aquarius and the consumption of seafood

General questions and conversations about astrology.
WaterBorn

Aquarius and the consumption of seafood

Post by WaterBorn »

I am an Aquarius and have a strong affiliation with water as it is my element. What I find to be strange is that I cannot eat any seafood without it hurting me or causing me to throw up. I would like some outside opinions as to why this is
LoneWhiteWolf

Re: Aquarius and the consumption of seafood

Post by LoneWhiteWolf »

Rather then right away assuming its something spiritual, i think its more to do with youre body.
Maybe its an intolerence, or reaction. Youre best bet is to not eat if, it its upsetting youre stomach its not good for you!
Xx
~ Feel the earth under your paws and explore. ~
~ Even the narrowest path could lead to the widest opening. ~
WaterBorn

Post by WaterBorn »

Well while it is true that I have acid reflux I have asked my doctors whether it could be because of that but they all have told me that they don't see how or why seafood affects me this way
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

This can be a sign of allergy. Not all food allergies occur with swelling and shortness of breath - even though that's the most common symptoms associated with seafood allergies. As LoneWhiteWolf said, you cannot jump to the conclusion that it's something spiritual. I'm glad you spoke to your doctor about it but you may wish to ask to be tested for allergy. (: In the mean time, don't eat it! If it's an allergy, you never know when it can get worse!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
WaterBorn

Post by WaterBorn »

I should have thought to include that i have asked if it was an allergy but the tests showed that I am still only allergic to 2 things 1 red 40 dye and 2 amoxicilin I don't know how to spell it exactly but believe me I have ruled out medical issues that is why i have made this post. I have my own theories but still would like outside opinions
AdastraJunction
Banned Member
Location: This crazy place in the USA called the West Coast (Originally London, UK)

Post by AdastraJunction »

Could be a digestive issue maybe you just cannot tolerate it for what ever reasons. Everyone has different tolerances to foods, and as you aged your tastes change too.
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

I know you are hoping to hear that it's something spiritual, but unfortunately I think you aren't going to find much of that. When users post questions regarding issues that result in physical health problems, we always refer them to speak with a doctor. In this case, I don't feel comfortable saying that it's something spiritual because having dealt with intestinal issues and digestive problems for years, I feel confident saying that you should still follow up with your doctor.

As Adastra has said, there are may different reasons for food causing an upset stomach or vomiting and sometimes it takes more than a few visits with one or so doctors to figure out the cause.

Others may have input as to how it could be spiritually related but I wanted to be sure you understood that others will continue to suggest medical problems as we always carry concern for our userbase.
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Siona

Post by Siona »

WaterBorn wrote:I am an Aquarius and have a strong affiliation with water as it is my element. What I find to be strange is that I cannot eat any seafood without it hurting me or causing me to throw up. I would like some outside opinions as to why this is
Hm, well, I'm an Aquarius and I love eating seafood, it's one of the few foods that doesn't cause stomach issues for me, actually. ;) (Aquarius is also an air sign, so that in itself probably doesn't mean much?) It's good you've seen a doctor and had it checked out - sometimes if one is just intolerant to a food, not allergic, it's not something that shows up on tests and such. There are particular foods that always make me sick, but I am not allergic to them... so I just avoid eating them. So there is a strong possibility that it's just a physical reaction and not something spiritual, but if it is something spiritual surely it's something that is very personal to you, as not every 'water' person has this particular trait, so it's not really something others will be able to help you with...
WaterBorn

Post by WaterBorn »

I can understand the medical side of it with as you have said with intestinal issues and digestive problems and while I can agree that it is very much likely a physical issue I would still like to hear it from a spiritual perspective not to say that I don't value the input given. I did not know that an intolerance does not show up on tests I just assumed from my sister being diagnosed with lactose intolerance that something like that would. Thank you all for the replies and input it has been most helpful. Blessed Be
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

Just going to say, I thought Aquarius was an air sign? Not that you may not also be connected to water.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Perhaps you got a bad shrimp?
How frequently do you attempt to eat seafood? And is it shellfish or fin fish?
many people cannot tollerate shellfish, but should be ok with fin fish.
If you wish to view this from a spiritual perspective, you might consider the body is wiser than the mind in many ways. It remembers things our brains cannot. Its working through a force that is unseen, yet it guides us in ways most people ignore. Our senses have been bombarded with the unnatural for a very long time, so trying to reclaim the subtle nuances of life can be difficult in this industrial world.
I would also like to say unless you captured the fish yourself, the market has ways of preserving fish so it won't spoil quickly and you may be reacting to those chemicals.
blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

I was doing a little research on Aquarius, my best friend is an Aquarius actually, and I found this! Image

I always knew Aquarius was an air sign, but I didn't know the symbol was the water bearer. So it makes sense that the Aquarius are also connected to water. My best friend has very strong emotions and that is what I think of when I think water element.
Siona

Post by Siona »

I'm a bit confused about their mythology. Zeus is not the water-bearer, Ganymedes is (and in earlier times Hebe). Ganymedes is the water-bearer or, rather, the cup-bearer for Zeus and the other Olympians - in other words, he poured and brought them their water, wine, and ambrosia. Not something Zeus, king of the gods, would be doing. Also, sometimes another figure, Hyas, is associated with the Aquarius constellation. The sign does have ties with water in both figures, but it is with freshwater. Or sometimes with rain - which is one reason why it's said the sign is associated air, not water.
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Siona wrote:I'm a bit confused about their mythology. Zeus is not the water-bearer, Ganymedes is (and in earlier times Hebe). Ganymedes is the water-bearer or, rather, the cup-bearer for Zeus and the other Olympians - in other words, he poured and brought them their water, wine, and ambrosia. Not something Zeus, king of the gods, would be doing. Also, sometimes another figure, Hyas, is associated with the Aquarius constellation. The sign does have ties with water in both figures, but it is with freshwater. Or sometimes with rain - which is one reason why it's said the sign is associated air, not water.
That makes sense. I'm not a mythology expert so I didn't catch that. But since it did say the water was symbolic of God nourishing the earth, rain make perfect sense!
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

If a physical problem with seafood has been ruled out, it could be a mental block about eating seafood. That isn't quite in the spiritual realm, but close. If you expect to get sick when you eat seafood, you probably will.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet

Return to “Astrology and Zodiac”