Moon Signs

General questions and conversations about astrology.
missdarlingjess

Moon Signs

Post by missdarlingjess »

The Moon is the ruler of Cancer and the Fourth House. Our Moon is our inner self and is usually only shown to close friends or family if ever! She is receptive, responsive and reflective. The sun acts while our reacts. The sun shines it's light on the moon which moon reflects. She rules our deepest desires, what we need for security, and how we react to problems. (The difference between how our Rising Sign reacts and how our Moon reacts is Rising is what we act out in front of the public, our final choice in the matter that is censored by the sun. Moon is our instinctual reaction or emotional and "irrational" reaction.). Moon is both the Mother and the Child and is often silenced by the sun. The Moon is the communicator between the conscious and unconscious. She is our habits, prejudices and our spontaneous emotions or reactions.The Moon uses our emotions to communicate the past to us through hunches, instinct and intuition. We are acting out our Moon when we have something to say but just can't say it. Now just what to do but can't. The will to express ourselves but it comes out distorted from the sun's censorship. It is, however, important to let our moon shine from time to time. Creative writing, art, dance,etc of any kind will do. When we act out the moon, we are creative, moody, sentimental, intuitive, adaptable, irrational, protective and restless.

The Fourth House rules home and family, a natural fit for homebody Cancer and mysterious Moon. <3
creatrix

Re: Moon Signs

Post by creatrix »

What are everyone's Moon signs? Mine is Leo. It came out a lot when I was a child but it is still a strong part of me in all the ways mentioned in the above post, the emotional side, etc.
missdarlingjess

Post by missdarlingjess »

I'm a Virgo Moon! <3
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

I'm a Virgo Moon too. :flyingwitch:
Here's what my birth cart says about my moon sign:
You tend to be serious-minded but cheerful for the most part. You need tasks that engage both your mind and your hands. A careful worker, you enjoy making things. You are neat and orderly, and are very concerned with good health habits. Fastidious to the extreme, you cannot tolerate messes and will immediately clean them up. Reserved, shy, and very self-critical, you tend to be very hard on yourself. You usually will go out of your way to be helpful and useful to others. Practical, reliable, efficient and conservative, at times you are a bit of a prude. You are known to lead a simple, uncomplicated, frugal, methodical and unemotional lifestyle. You are devoted and caring to those you love.
shatteredsouls

Post by shatteredsouls »

This is the first time I've read about this, that moon signs are our inner desires/motivation. I have no idea what mine is but I think I'll find that out. I've always felt drawn to the moon. Thank you for this information :)
Fey_Glory

Post by Fey_Glory »

I'm a Leo with the moon sign of Scorpio. I've been trying to learn more about moon signs so that was really helpful!
MysticDreamFaerie

Post by MysticDreamFaerie »

How can I find out my moon sign? Can someone please help me out with this? :oops:
"Healing takes courage, and we all have courage, even if we have to dig a little to find it." ~Tori Amos
Silus7
Location: ~8~nel dominio della padrona acquatica della luna~8~

Post by Silus7 »

http://www.alwaysastrology.com/

This website is fantastic! Only one I ever recommend for any astrological ventures you may be looking for :) may it be a useful tool for you <3

~*PadronaDellaLuna**~
*MysticUrbanGypsy*

~*Silus7*~
BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

lol im a Aries with a moon sign of Taurus i got an encyclopedia on astrology and gods from the library to learn about them lol
rigormortisgirl

Post by rigormortisgirl »

I am a Virgo Sun(first day, August 23rd, my sun is at 0 degrees Virgo) with Aries Moon and my mother was abusive/absent/dependent on alcohol so I learned a lot of things on my own(how to cook, everything I know about femininity and men etc.) My dad was like my mother and father but sometimes, he missed things too but he did the best he could..As a child, I was more Aries than anything. I was fiery and sassy, I liked to do my own thing and do things/learn things on my own. If there was something I didn't understand, I'd ask and would learn it passionately. At times, I could be arrogant(grew out of that). I liked to be the leader of things on the playground and the other kids often did elect me the leader because they trusted me.

When I was about 8 years old, I became more Virgo, though people who remember me say that I acted Virgo as a little girl, too but also appeared Aries at times, like what I remember. I was very smart, I learned things easily and was often ahead of my classmates.I took honors classes from 5th grade-12th. I graduated with honors but I felt I could have done better in school(nothing is ever good enough for me when it comes to myself. I always feel like I could have done better and can do better. My Ascendant is Capricorn and it trines my Sun/Squares my moon) I learned to read at age 3 from playing video games(I always had to be doing SOMETHING and staying still is so boring to me, to this day. I will get antsy if I have to stay still for too long) I liked to draw,write poems,play outside in the backyard(was a loner child). My moon is in the 3rd house of Gemini so I always have to be doing something either mentally or physically.

I am really hyper active and silly a lot of the time, but then, I do tend to fall into a quiet,more muted version of myself when I am undergoing emotional pain(Pluto in Scorpio trines my Moon in Aries and my Sun resides in the 8th House). People often say I'm very energetic and positive as a person. I'm usually always happy. I don't like moaping and learning to feel my emotions and put them into constructive projects was a challenge, but I did it. My moon squares Mars in Cancer ; my mom was very violent and it caused me to dislike turmoil or people bothering me. I don't like fighting but I will if someone is threatening my well being physically.
blue_moon

Post by blue_moon »

Thanks for diging up this old thread ;)

My moon is in Libra - the interpretation in the bottom is scaringly true!

I know the time I was born - I checked it with the correct time and then without it. The only difference it makes is the interpretation below.

My sun is in Capricorn.
BB

Blue Moon
Ethereal Moon Rose

Post by Ethereal Moon Rose »

I'm a Capricorn and my moon sign is Aquarius ☺
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

I'm boring. Sidereal my moon and sun sign are the same; Aquarius.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
Kitten

Post by Kitten »

I'm a gemini and my moon sign is aries and I'm only now beginning to understand what this means and how moon sign affects me. smileylove
cataluna49

Post by cataluna49 »

I am a Sagittarius (former capricorn, but then they added the 13th zodiac, and I feel like sagittarius fits me much better) and my moon sign is Cancer, and OMG it is totally me!! I love finding out things like this about myself, it makes me feel like I can figure myself out deeper.

Return to “Astrology and Zodiac”