What's Your (Chinese) sign?

General questions and conversations about astrology.
IceDragonX

Post by IceDragonX »

I am a wood rat. I have like 5 chinese astrology books. Don't ask why...they all say about the same thing, but I love reading about my sign.

For the people who are rats, you should take pride becuase, the rat is the animal that arrived first to the finish line in the great race despite all the other creatures involved such as the swift horse, the crafty monkey, and the powerful dragon. Rats in china are often seen more as the humble field rat compared to the city dweller we all think about. And when you see rats in statue form they are always accompanied with "money" (its not an egg half people...its money).

I like my sign. :)
Freedom is a State of Mind...
Addalaide

Post by Addalaide »

I think i am fire rabbit or something, i cant exacly remeber.

I love rats, there sweet little creatues, i have a pet one :) and hes more spoild than most peoples dogs!
Merry Part
~Addalaide
IceDragonX

Post by IceDragonX »

I really want a pet rat myself!! But everyone cringes when I tell them that. I want a rat and call him gigabyte. :) I'm such a nerd. lol. Maybe I will get a rat later when I settle more and have a job. Right now, I don't have money or time to take care of a pet.
Freedom is a State of Mind...
Enki

Post by Enki »

I'm a Fire Dragon.
Blue Moon Princess

Post by Blue Moon Princess »

Water rabbit capricorn/libra asc...very interesting how similar the definitions are in both eastern & western astrology.
shadow_walker143

Post by shadow_walker143 »

im a earth horse. what i find interesting, is that i had a soul number reading done by BSP, and he said that i have alot of earth energy in me.
[img]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b344/shadow97702/ksiezyce.jpg[/img]
Deirdre

Post by Deirdre »

I am a Fire Tiger, and a Gemini, which are fairly simular in description...
And a lot of it is right (or so people have told me).
* ~ * Deirdre * ~ *

Just waiting for my mind to catch up with me.
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

I am a Fire Horse, born in the hour of the Tiger. My western sun sign is Aquarius with Scorpio ascendant. I come from a line of Dragons, grandmother, father and daughter all being Dragons, wondering if anyone knows of the Heavenly branches/Earthly stems aspects?
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

Metal Monkey.
*starts headbanging*

Actually that describes me very well in a lot of ways. I'm always amazed bythe chinese horoscopes.
Orion

Post by Orion »

Eretik wrote:wondering if anyone knows of the Heavenly branches/Earthly stems aspects?
Made me curious, lol. So I did some looking around into it. Unfortunately I have been left more confused. So thumbs up to anyone who can do be a better job finding out :).
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods." -Einstein

There are always facts, the best most of us can do is try to continuously adjust our opinions to become closer to those facts. For that, there is Science and Philosophy. One to argue facts and one to argue opinions. The result: The big bang is some sort of sexual innuendo resulting from your subconscious.
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

Me too, Orion, that's why I put it up here. I know a lot of the Chinese system connects with the I-Ching in a certain way, elements and flow and connections/changes. I have a copy of the Wilhelm translation of The I - Ching and I remember reading about the Dragon energy[ Heavenly] being transmuted and contained by the Horse [ Earthly] and I wondered about it. I wil be rereading and looking for info. I was hoping someone could help a bit, as it seems complex and unlike Western thinking. I remembered to look up one of my books with the branch/stem info.It'[s the elements/times and it's about the polarity too. Did you find any interesting sites or sources?
Orion

Post by Orion »

I ran across sites that gave information about them... But it started to confuse me quickly :oops:
Some things would state that the various pieces that make up the branches and stems used to be a method for keeping time. And then it made mention of a version that added in the elements to help make the time precise and that is about where I was, well, still lost.

So I do not think I managed to accomplish much, lol.
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods." -Einstein

There are always facts, the best most of us can do is try to continuously adjust our opinions to become closer to those facts. For that, there is Science and Philosophy. One to argue facts and one to argue opinions. The result: The big bang is some sort of sexual innuendo resulting from your subconscious.
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

Yep, I know that too! I had forgotten why I left off studying it till later, then when I looked it up Iremembered why! I need to sit quietly and focus very hard, it is incredibly detailed and requires patience and time. The Chinese like to do things in a way that takes care of every possible eventuality, which makes learning this system complicated. I'll report back if I get it figured in a way I can explain, in English! lol.
Jeanne84

Post by Jeanne84 »

Wood rat! Go me. This fits me more than my astrlogical sign of Libra. But I was born on the 22nd so i've got that cusp thing going on.
[Enlightenment]

Post by [Enlightenment] »

I'm a Wood Ox :D
~Blessings One and All~

***Knowledge really is Power***

Return to “Astrology and Zodiac”