What's Your (Chinese) sign?

General questions and conversations about astrology.
Orion

What's Your (Chinese) sign?

Post by Orion »

I haven't seen any comments about the Chinese Zodiac (though I probably missed a dozen threads about it, lol). Was just curious to see what signs are around :P

Personally I'm a Wood Ox, it must fuel my fiery Sagittarian sunsign :)

Site with the twelve animals and their elements, when you go into them they show the exact dates for each one.
http://www.tuvy.com/entertainment/chinese_horoscope.htm
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods." -Einstein

There are always facts, the best most of us can do is try to continuously adjust our opinions to become closer to those facts. For that, there is Science and Philosophy. One to argue facts and one to argue opinions. The result: The big bang is some sort of sexual innuendo resulting from your subconscious.
_Hecate_

Post by _Hecate_ »

I'm a fire Lamb
being-singular-plural

Post by being-singular-plural »

Dear Hecate,

I've heard it called lamb, but I think traditonally it is goat. The goats have a capricornian energy, that works well with Pisces. Thanks for posting this. I love the Eastern Zodiac, although my knowledge here is somewhat limited. Orion the Ox and the wood actually help temper your Sag fire with some down to earth practicality. I am also of the element wood (I beleive there are 5 elements in the eastern zodiac): fire, water, wood, wind, metal). Every twleve years (around late January early February is the chinese new year) the element shifts, so that every Century you get 5 different generational styles of of each element that correpsonds with the year. Thus, I am a wood tiger (1974) which is very different from the wind tigers (I think from 1986). It is very fun to blend with Western astrology. So A wood tiger Cancer ( the site administrator) is a little different than a wood tiger Libra (me) but all tigers share common traits. The even years in the eastern zodiac (1972,1974,1976 etc) are more active and considered leadership signs. So, they would be: rat, tiger, dragon, horse, monkey, dog. The others, pig, ox, rabbit, snake, goat and rooster are like the "fixed" signs of the west (Taurus, Scorpio, Aquarius, Leo) and fixed means just that, stable, secure etc. and the even years are like the Cardinal signs (Libra, Capricorn, Aries, Cancer) with the zeal to take chances and forge ahead. Thanks again Hecate, this is fun!

Blessings,
bsp
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

WATER OX Horoscope
Feb 6, 1913 to Jan 25, 1914
Feb 3, 1973 to Jan 22, 1974

Oxen in China are put on a pedestal. So it goes with Oxen people. Oxen are bright, peace-loving, often easy-going and trusting. But, on the other hand, they can also be stubborn, methodical, and fiercely competitive, with, shudder, fierce tempers to boot. Oxen are natural born mentors and life is filled with examples of people who have gone on to great success because of them. Mentally and physically alert to the point of genius, many Oxen belong to Mensa. They can create the most imposing structures, magnificent sculpture, and homes. They respond like poets to the beauties of nature and of solitude. Oxen are unique, they are The Flower that bursts through the crack of cement.

Bird's Nest Soup and Bean Curd are among the keys to good health!!

With Water Oxen you never have to sit around listening to boring lecturing and long-winded yada-yada. Through quiet self-assurance, they simply carry on with life, setting examples by deed, never by words. They make extraordinary leaders. They inspire others to do their best, through kind patience, knowing that even waiters finally come to those who wait. Realistic and open-minded about the foibles of others, they are rewarded with unexpected surprises when people turn around and show their best attributes. Tit for tat!. Their stable careers and "living right" give them the potential to be enormously wealthy, and they frequently are. For Oxen in general, love life is somewhat of a mystery, but immensely satisfying, interwoven very nicely with contrasts of quietude and passion, solitude and togetherness.
Famous Ox People: Tung Chee-Hwa, Sukarno, Richard Burton, Napoleon, Charlie Chaplin, Peter Sellers, Margaret Mead, Jawaharlal Nehru, Eisaku Sato, Princess Diana

That's me folks, I like the bit about genius and wealth! ::coolglasses::

hedge
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

I'm a Wood Tiger.

5moons

Post by 5moons »

wood oxen
waterglyph

Post by waterglyph »

Same here.
Orion

Post by Orion »

Lots of Woods and Oxen.
Muwhaha, we shall dominate!

About the lamb on that site; not sure why they choose to say lamb instead of goat. The name caught my eye on that site because it seemed different, but I wasn't sure. Other charts I've seen always use a goat in that position.
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods." -Einstein

There are always facts, the best most of us can do is try to continuously adjust our opinions to become closer to those facts. For that, there is Science and Philosophy. One to argue facts and one to argue opinions. The result: The big bang is some sort of sexual innuendo resulting from your subconscious.
darkestlight*

Post by darkestlight* »

I am an Earth Snake!

Yeah, i love smakes!
Lora
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

I am a Fire Tiger.
silvermists

Post by silvermists »

I'm a metal horse.
power_within

Post by power_within »

I'm a Earth Dragon. :D
Roxanne

Post by Roxanne »

I'm a metal lamb . :P
5moons

Post by 5moons »

Get out of my way or I will stomp you out.
Hera#76

Starsigns

Post by Hera#76 »

I am a Dragon in the chinese horoscopes.

Does this have any relevance?
Bubbles float because they are light and happy; don't let life wear you down!

Return to “Astrology and Zodiac”