Altars ...

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
Witch1693

Post by Witch1693 »

i would love to see it. well i dont take pics of mine. but i can describe it, it is in the middle section of a toychest, i have laid fabric over all of the edges, i may take a blurry pic.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

why dont ya take pics?
Witch1693

Post by Witch1693 »

I dont like sharing it with ppl i am not very close too.
Addalaide

Post by Addalaide »

I dont make jerky with it, lol, but here are 2 images of my alter, its ganna be moved soon to my bedroom so my pets cage can be in the window......he isnt that fond of the utilidy room....

http://addalaide.digital-six.net/images/a1.JPG
http://addalaide.digital-six.net/images/a2.JPG

Thats only a very small amount of the stones i have. The red velvet box has alot of them in it also.
Merry Part
~Addalaide
Smolly

Post by Smolly »

ooooh thats very nice addalaide ^.^
your little red box is oh sooo cute! hehehe
id like mine to be abit bigger but for now its good ^.^
Addalaide

Post by Addalaide »

Thanks! The larger box is also red and its full of EO I also just got this absulutly adorable lantern with stares in circles all over it so when its lite you see stares eveywhere.

I got the box from my grandmother a fue years ago :) now it is literly packed full of stones.
Merry Part
~Addalaide
Smolly

Post by Smolly »

aww lovely ^.^

i think mines an old cigar box with .. opal or something in the center to mark out petals.... im not sure

i got it from a charity shop for like ... 3 pound.
the sand dollar i got from my aunt
the altar itself is actually a second hand altar ... used to be a mate of mine but i dont think she ever used it and she gave up on witchcraft, she keps some of her expensive books but apart from that, the altar, most of the candles and bits and bobs were all passed to me. until then i was using a shelf on my bookcase
Myst

Post by Myst »

This was my full moon altar from a few moons ago. I don't use altars on a regular basis, but they can be fun for a change. This one has many Wiccan elements (the athame, cup, etc) but I used it primarily for meditation.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/2426 ... tarku2.jpg
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

OOooooh!
Pretty things both of you.
:D
Witch1693

Post by Witch1693 »

Thats AMAZING! i absolutely love the ornateness(sp.)
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

very nice, although it basic it's not without it's charm.
Smolly

Post by Smolly »

its very charming ^.^
WolfWitch

Post by WolfWitch »

It's called a dehydrator and you can use it on fruits as well. If you've ever had the little dried up fruit chunks from trail mix or just in a bag. They've been dehydrated. They also make great jerky and, if you know the right mixtures and prep work, I've been told that you can make all natural fruit roll up like snacks in them as well for kids. I don't have the recipie for those so I can't confirm 100% They work exceptionally well with drying out sea things such as sand dollers and starfish. A handy and usefull tool especially if you are into kitchen witchery. They are a marvel for drying herbs. Very handy.

WW.
The greatest advice I was ever given: It matters not what you believe. Only that you believe it wholeheartedly.
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

Beautiful, Myst!

Unfortunately I can't get the pictures of the other alters to load on this computer, I'll have to try again at home.

I'm still building mine. I haven't decided the best place to put it yet.
Addalaide

Post by Addalaide »

Fruit rollups are basicly apple sauce like things cryed out, but you need a special drying try. i think you can use babyfood also.
Merry Part
~Addalaide

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”