Witchcraft in the News

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
LC

Witchcraft in the News

Post by LC »

If this is not an appropriate post, please remove.

What are everyone’s thoughts on the Hex event at Catland Books and antifa witches mentioned by him?
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Witchcraft in the News

Post by SpiritTalker »

Many Pagans are political activists who have strong emotional responses to serious issues. There's 3 sides to every coin. Emotion & outrage can overpower thinking & drown the issues rather than resolve them. I.M.O. hexing in this convoluted issue will back fire against any actual justice being sought by throwing fuel into the emotional flames for some & be a diversion, not a solution. Issues of rape, human trafficking & slavery aren't political issues. They are fractured moral issues cutting deep within our culture. Of course I want equal justice unbiasedly applied - not mindless knee jerk rage enflamed by fake stories, paid demonstrators & three-letter agency plants. So, hexing in this incrediably convoluted matter for justice will have unexpected fall out - all to the good goodnevil .

Edit: IMO antifa is another word for nazi whose only interests are social division & slavery. In my youth I've peacefully marched on the Capitol for woman's free Choice & have a short list of other political demonstrations. Political protest is nearly a right of passage in the US. We have that right.

How "bout you, LC? What's your opin.?
beemerphill

Post by beemerphill »

Public "hexing" is a lose-lose proposition. If something evil does happen to him it will reflect poorly on the "hexers", and if nothing happens, it will reflect even worse on the "hexers". If one has strong feelings on the subject, by all means, protest and be heard. "Hexing" just confuses the issue and draws negative publicity on the people doing it. If one wishes to practice this kind of "hex" it would be much better doing it by oneself, or with a small group of discreet friends. If the "hex" works, it will take it's toll on the practitioners too. Remember this.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

We can do spells to promote peace, understanding and healing. And we can go out and march too. I marched in the Women's March in Denver this year, wearing my "original pussy hat," and carrying a sign that said "Dumbledore's Army Still Recruiting." My hat is a fluffy black hat with pink embroidered whiskers and silver ears. I have been wearing it since before "pussy hats" were a real thing.
Daughter of Sekhmet
LC

Post by LC »

Honestly I was horrified when I looked it up. I had heard it in as I was getting ready to leave for work when my dad was watching FoxNews. I heard FoxNews calling it a hex and asking each other if they believe it would work. I just figured it was them labeling it. So I looked it up and I saw the bookstore manager calling it a hex. I immediately thought that this would make us look bad and give fuel to the fire in what others think and boost misinformation. Then I was more blown away that he said over 1000 people were registered (?) to come. And then I saw that the manager said they were antifa, it made things worse. People may connect them with us as they always seem to.

I’m frustrated. I’m in the broom closet but I want to show that we and I are not like that.

I want to do marches and I wished I had a pussy hat. I do have a knitted beanie that says Nasty Woman. I’m definitely getting more active on women’s rights.

Any suggestions about what to do to help stop this information spread and show how we’re not like that?
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”