Hermits Grove to be sold !

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hermits Grove to be sold !

Post by Firebird »

The property that makes up The Rowen Tree Church is to be sold, Paul is taking it well.
This makes me really sad, one would hope that a church would be protected from the property taxes around you getting so expensive that you can't afford to live at your own home (that is a church) anymore.
Soon we may all have to move to Minnesota :annoyed: :twisted:
I had the good fortune of meeting this lovely man about 20 years ago... his book,
The Master Book of Herbalism, is one of my favorite herbals.
Wishing him and his partner and the Lothlorien (sorry my device doesn't have the e with two dots over it) the very best in their new place.

http://wildhunt.org/2017/05/from-seed-t ... eyerl.html
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Hermits Grove to be sold !

Post by SpiritTalker »

Maybe it's just the right time to make a change. He certainly has positive plans.
Mr Crowley
Banned Member

Re: Hermits Grove to be sold !

Post by Mr Crowley »

I hopped on the broomstick flew over, and walked down the street. It's easy to do if you know how to use electronic navigation. Just as I suspected. It's not property taxes that is driving those poor guys out. All that work for nothing because they'll never get the equity back.

Whose going to buy it? Different owners, same problem! I wouldn't give them $10k for it! The only resale value: bulldoze it down and expand the “nest.”

My posted link is within the posted link. You located the north-west coordinates if you want to fly over on you broomstick, and take a hike down the street.

Can you see what drove them out? The before picture, and one-year later picture. Again, it was not property taxes that drove them out. It ought to be illegal to do what they did to those poor guys.

[edit] there had been a areial view of the lot in Washington state where the original grove was but that disappeared from the link, so link removed]
Last edited by Firebird on Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: missing photos link removed

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”