What do you think of TV Mediums?

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
explorer

What do you think of TV Mediums?

Post by explorer »

I was just wondering what are your views on tv mediums? In a way I kind of like them as they help to raise awareness about mediumship and psychism yeah. What I noticed is many have been sacked from shows and there's this 'for entertainment purposes' on the show. Alot of the people who say fraud or try to make it look bad are skeptical or one of those parapsychologists, who I believe are being paid to expose mediums. I know any true spirit medium wouldn't charge a penny but I also feel alot tv mediums get alot of unfair treatment. How do you feel?
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Re: What do you think of TV Mediums?

Post by Seraphin »

Some are genuine, some are fake. I know (not personally) a medium here in my place who frequently appears in many T.V. shows especially in Holy Week and Halloween and does perform a service by easing the pain of the client, much like what a guidance counselor, psychologist or a priest does. By just saying what the client wants to hear. He doesn't actually predict the future, he just pretends to foresee it and some people believe them. But most of the fake mediums I just notice suddenly surface as year ends and a new one is coming in to purportedly see in their crystal ball or tarot cards or whatever paraphernalia what the future holds. However, again, not all T.V. mediums are charlatans.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

I've known true spirit mediums to charge for their service. It's not usually money unless they have an outstanding bill, but they are paid in other ways (food, return services, trade, etc...).

I always tend to hold out judging TV personalities until there's enough solid evidence one way or another or I've met them in person (which almost never happens). You can never really "know" simply by speculation.
explorer

Post by explorer »

Do you follow most haunted? I used to love it back in the day as I was so in to paranormal and spiritualism but over time its like you wont find anything thing there on most haunted shows. I m sure the actual crew are responsible for the weak activity on camera, I just get that feeling there.

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”