What do you think??

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
BelliaArian

What do you think??

Post by BelliaArian »

I'd LOVE to hear others opinons on this, I'll post my views on this as well!

http://youtu.be/U9w9K2AiMTI
Agarwaen

Re: What do you think??

Post by Agarwaen »

I couldn't help but giggle while I watched this. He was really far too into this. I think that Beyonce has a certain aesthetic that is may seem ghastly to those of a certain viewpoint. I also think that when she talks about wanting her "video to feel possessed", that she is talking about her aesthetic. As for the "triangle of the Illuminati". It's the Eye of Horus. We all know who Horus is. Nothing satanic here. Besides, it's on the back of American currency.

He also uses a Christian viewpoint for the names of the gods and other energies he labels. Take Astarte, who is "used" in a satanic group. She's the Goddess of fertility, also known as Ishtar. As for the Gemini Twins being a symbol of destruction... I believe that to be complete fabrication, because I have found no evidence for this. As Pollux and Castor they were loving brothers who became a constellation so that the one could share his immortality with the other.

No, I don't put any stock in this video, or the man's viewpoint. It has long been known that Christian's have taken Pagan Goddesses, Gods, and symbols and twisted them to their own perspective. They've made demons of simple woodland creatures, and are now they are seeing lace that looks to be in the shape of a pentagram on a backup dancer.
They may actually be terrified of what they see, so I always make sure to send them blessing that they may be able to cope and become more open-minded creatures.

These are my humble opinions.
Klia

Re: What do you think??

Post by Klia »

This is really interesting and I'd like to see what comes of it. Some of it I think was a little bit far fetched, but overall it is scary. Makes me wonder why people would even support such an evil spirit. But to each is own of course.
"The will to do, the soul to dare is yours for the taking if you prepare."

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”