Witches of East End

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
AnaisStar

Re: Witches of East End

Post by AnaisStar »

I cant wait till Sunday. All set to record!

We are going to binge rewatch all of Season One starting tonight. We had to finish up Orange is the New Black first.
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

I'm so excited, but I'm going to have to wait to see it when it comes On Demand. Sundays and Mondays are my busiest TV nights. :P
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

We just need to rewatch the finale of S1 tonight and have the S2 set to record.

I forgot how much I really loved this show. I relate a lot to Wendy and she is my favorite of the four.
River SilverWolf

Post by River SilverWolf »

Bummed out just heard they are cancelling the show. Guess I can check out the books. I really liked the show!
azriel

Post by azriel »

I just saw the news as well. Do we know why?

Azriel
^-^~
Unfold your wings and take off into the sky
Before you're burned, become the sun
Blow, oh wind... It guides you into the sky
Before your whole self is taken away

Oasis~~~Gackt
Eliphas Blackthorn

Post by Eliphas Blackthorn »

They claimed the ratings plummeted a little. I think Lifetime is making a mistake cancelling that show. It was the only thing my wife and I watched on that channel. Hopefully another network will pick it up. I hate where they left it.
lovebrighteyes

Post by lovebrighteyes »

This show had become one of my favorites. I am so pissed they cancelled it.
Lillady

Post by Lillady »

I love that show! I was super upset when I saw they had cancelled it.
ladywhitewolf

Post by ladywhitewolf »

I am so mad that it is cancelled. I watched it every time it was on.
Jessica [aka Whitewolf]
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

After I watched the finale I thought "Wow! Look how much stuff is going to be in the third season." They cancelled it?! :evil: Well, I did ask for books for Christmas, maybe I'll consider the Witches of East End books.
If you've the Kindle app, you can pick up "Witches 101: A Witches of East End Primer" for free. ::coolglasses::
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

So bummed it didnt get renewed. There is a FB group that some of my witchy friends started as a petition to try to get the network to pick it up.
masterfu678

Post by masterfu678 »

Lifetime definitely made a mistake cancelling WoEE. I had watched Devious Maids and The Lottery on Lifetime, none can compare how good this show is. I had no problem with them cancelling The Lottery because I really don't see how they can continue the story, having an infertility crisis as a dystopia theme is a bad idea to begin with. Devious Maid is the second best show, and there hadn't been words on a third season for it yet.

When I first watched WoEE, I thought it was very interesting. Then the show grew on me, now I am just as mad as the others in the cancellation of this show. I think I'll just boycott Lifetime, it doesn't have anything good anyways. They had a good reputation with these shows, now they cancelled it, it is their loss.
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

Especially as the show was just really starting to get good. They left it with some great cliff hangers too.

Guess Ill have to pick up the books.
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

I see a pattern against witch series - first "The secret circle", now " Witches of East End"... It seems like discrimination to me.
I absolutely LOVE that show, it's one of my favorite, like EVER. I mean, come on, Julia Ormond ... Incredible.
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

Now there is a movement for Netflix to pick it up and continue to produce and run it as one of their shows (similar to how they do Orange is the New Black).

Seems like Netflix is interested so hopefully they will go for it. Id love to see them continue to do it. I can see it running as long as Charmed did.

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”