Witches of East End

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
Klia

Witches of East End

Post by Klia »

Hello!

Don't know if you guys know about the show Witches of East End on Lifetime Network, but it is a really good show. It just started three weeks ago. I was hesitant because it is by Lifetime, but it turned out to be addicting! Of course the use of magick is intriguing, but also the story lines and actresses are great too. I don't think it goes too much into Wicca per say, but there's spells and rituals for anyone who likes the 'witchy' parts. The show is based on a series of books, but the show is 'supposed' to be better than the books.

Does anyone else watch this show?
"The will to do, the soul to dare is yours for the taking if you prepare."
lovebrighteyes

Re: Witches of East End

Post by lovebrighteyes »

I knew the name sounded familiar. I am loving the show so far. I love that the show has beautiful and intelligent woman as witches. It also looks like they are filming in the house from charmed. Was it just me or was it the house from charmed?
Yes the show is extremely addicting. I am loving that there are a ton of witchy/vampy shows out right now as Halloween is just around the corner.

I'm really loving the energy of it all.
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

I seen the house and thought to myself, "I wonder if it looks like the Charmed house to anyone else?" :) I'd like to get ahold of the book since television tends to stray from the original material. I remember reading "The Secret Circle," then watching the series on The CW network and thinking "Wow, that's sooo far from the books." Witches of East End does seem pretty good, even though we witches can't really turn into cats. :flyingwitch:
Klia

Post by Klia »

The house does look like the one from Charmed! But I'm 99% sure it's not. Charmed was filmed in California and WOEE is filmed in... GA or NC... I don't remember. But they do look a lot alike. I love the main characters and their different personalities meshing together. And instead of Charmed, the villains last longer than just one episode. And it's so hard to guess the endings of situations.

I've never heard of the secret circle. Is it still on??

I'd give anything to change into a cat... =D
Echo_of_shadows

The Secret Circle was cancelled by the CW in May 2012, but I've read that it's being shown on the Chiller Channel. Here's a link to the Wikipedia page for The Secret Circle:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret ... TV_series)

As for Witches of Eastwick....well, I wouldn't mind trapping someone in a painting. :twisted:
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

one of the girls from the show is on Michael and Kelly right now...she said it is filmed in Vancoover.
Sundays 10pm ...it sounds pretty good.
FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

I don't mind the Witches of East End but I am loving the American Horror Story: Coven. I watched Secret Circle and I thought the story was ok the kids were annoying though, lol. I really like Hemlock Grove which is more vampire/ werewolf but it's a Netflix show. It's first season was great.
Klia

Post by Klia »

Sorry! Just now saw your posts guys! AHS is supposed to be a good show. The old seasons are on netflix. And HLG is good but my husband and I got out of it. It was a little slow, but it wasn't bad at all. We have ADD sometimes ha.
Klia

Post by Klia »

Did any of you watch tonight's episode! It was so good!
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

fyi, full episodes online, too:
http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/witches ... l-episodes

Klia

Post by Klia »

Thanks! I re-watch these all the time! ha.
Greek_Male_Witch

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

I know one of the books, it was amazing, and suddenly I saw a promo on internet, saying "Witches of the East End" amazing book! I haven't started watching the show yet, but I have downloaded it, so I can watch it! :)
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
Echo_of_shadows

Since some of us thought of the house from Charmed while watching "Witches of East End," I Googled the two houses so I could make a comparison. I see so many similarities, no wonder I was confused. :P
Witches of East End & Charmed
Witches of East End & Charmed
I also noticed that the show has a logo that looks similar to the logo for "The Secret Circle."
Witches of East End & The Secret Circle
Witches of East End & The Secret Circle
I was actually a little hesitant to watch "Witches of East End" at first because I thought it would be just another Hollywood exploitation of Witchcraft. I am totally a fan of the show! I'm so glad that the characters remind one another that there are consequences to Magick and that you can't just go around zapping people at will. :fairy:
Klia

Post by Klia »

Yea I like the consequences and lessons learned in the show too. Don't you just love old Victorian houses? They're perfect for us witches ;)
ladywhitewolf

Post by ladywhitewolf »

I am addicted to both Witches of East End and American Horror Story:Coven. I can't stop watching those shows.
Jessica [aka Whitewolf]

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”