Insidious 1 & 2

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
Alura Noel

Insidious 1 & 2

Post by Alura Noel »

'

These are horror/suspense movies highlighting the practice of a certain ability that some Witches and other occult groups try to cultivate that connects them to the spirit world. I don't want to say what ability it is since it will take out some of the mystery of the first movie.

They should be watched in order because the second one went over a lot of things that happened in the first one. And the story picks up almost immediately where the 1st one left off of.

As of 9/13/13 Insidious 2 is still in theaters.

Insidious

I felt like this movie started out a little bit slow but it picked up after awhile and I got really into it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1YbOMDI59k

Insidious 2

This movie, in my humble opinion, was much better than the first movie. It was a fast paced movie nearly from the beginning. Also, a lot more scare factor to it. I can't ever remember where I actually yelled at a scary part in a movie ever. Another thing why I liked this movie was that it explained a lot of things that happened in the first movie that the first insidious didn't go over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBbi4NeebAk

'
Pinkpower_80

Re: Insidious 1 & 2

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

Thanks for the review! I've been thinking about watching these movies.
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

Wow, I didn't even know there was a part 2. :shock:
That's cool because I saw part one and I enjoyed it. I liked the trailer. I admit, the empty baby walker freaked me out a little. It sounds like a good movie for date night. :)
Alura Noel

Post by Alura Noel »

I didn't know they were going to be making a part 2 either. I know the first one left off at a bad time but sometimes they don't make more. And it was a good date night movie lol Hubby and I had our date night out with that one.
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

I'm so excited about Part 2! I loved the first movie..!
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

A review for part 2 was in Thursday's edition of my local paper, The Flint Journal. I felt that the review was crap, but I'm sharing part of it because I think people might get a kick out of it: :wink:

"The primary haunter is a Victorian woman decked out like she just burgled Helena Bonham-Carter's boudoir: gothic white dress, pasty pancaked pallor, ashen streaks in her hair. She could be Beetlejuice's Aunt Mabel."

:lol:
MistressOfTheMoon

Post by MistressOfTheMoon »

Am I the only one here who thinks Insidious is complete and utter bull? Lol. Sorry. But I just think the first movie only feeds misconceptions on astral projection :(

Given this viewpoint of mine, do you think the second movie wouldn't cause the same level of dissatisfaction?
"For the Spirit lies within."
~ Ada S.
Alura Noel

Post by Alura Noel »

Am I the only one here who thinks Insidious is complete and utter bull? Lol. Sorry. But I just think the first movie only feeds misconceptions on astral projection :(

Given this viewpoint of mine, do you think the second movie wouldn't cause the same level of dissatisfaction?
lilgeekess, That's Hollywood for ya!

The second movie added a few new concepts on their version of astral projection that were interesting for me. I personally enjoy comparing what's "fact" or fiction.

You'd probably be disappointed in the second movie if the first one's information didn't jive with you.
MistressOfTheMoon

Post by MistressOfTheMoon »

Alura wrote: You'd probably be disappointed in the second movie if the first one's information didn't jive with you.
Lol. I thought so! Well, I'd probably still watch it if it were to hit HBO or Star Movies. Not going to waste my phone's battery to stream it - well actually I'm too chicken to watch it alone nonetheless haha! Until then, I'll have no say on the second movie. Will get back to you if I watch it though :D
"For the Spirit lies within."
~ Ada S.

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”