'Coven' on FX

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
North Star

'Coven' on FX

Post by North Star »

I have just heard about this. :surprisedwitch:

Jessica Lange, Kathy Bates...Angela Bassett as Marie Laveau!!! OMG!!!! Laveau and Louisiana magick has always fascinated me. And the cast sounds amazing! It sounds very interesting.

Part will take place in present day, and part in the 1800s (Louisiana). I am beyond intrigued.

Plot: It's been over 300 years since the Salem witch trials. Those who remain are almost extinct and in danger again. A school has opened in New Orleans to teach protection to the young. The long-absent Supreme, Fiona (J. Lange), arrives to also protect the coven and their secrets. Fiona's daughter, Cordelia (Sarah Paulson), is a teacher at the school.
The themes include witches, witch hunts, incest, minorities, slavery, mothers and daughters, and witchcraft versus voodoo. This season will be set in modern day and the 1830s.

Note: Kathy Bates will play Delphine LaLaurie. "...Bates' character will be "five times worse than [her] Misery character" and is also inspired by a "true event." "She will portray a woman who, at the start, is Lange's character's best friend, but will become her worst enemy."
source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_H ... ory:_Coven

(Considering it is American Horror Story, and LaLaurie was pretty twisted, this sounds like it could get pretty dark. May not be everyones cup of tea for entertainment.)
Holdasown

Re: 'Coven' on FX

Post by Holdasown »

I can't wait.
Pinkpower_80

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

I'm excited too! I need to set a reminder on my phone so I don't miss it.
Mandie Moonstone

Post by Mandie Moonstone »

I'm loving this show! True a lot of it is Hollywood witchery but still very entertaining.

Blessings
Mandie

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”