Supernatural tv show and thoughts

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
Greek_Male_Witch

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

Well I won't lie to you, I dig this tv show, even though I disagree with a lot of stuff it suggests, so if I understood corectly, in "Supernatural" Witches goes to hell because a demon helps them practice magic and after their hell-trip they become demons, so I'm a Witch and some demon help me right? I know its a show but lets say hypothetically they believe what they suggest, then yes I'm going to hell because A DEMON helps me with magic, then why this "demon" told me to stop the lemon curse or else I'll die and then he said that revenge isn't the way? oh yeah the name of my "Demon" is Spirit Guide, so whats wrong with the show? I really liked it before it got all christian-themed, now I just like it but I'm not crazy about it...they don't say Witches are bad and good, but all witches go to hell, isn't that a propaganda or what? :evil:

*I had done the lemon curse to my evil uncle, and it worked, I felt so much satisfaction but then I just listened to that voice, ok not voice, it was a thought, and it wasn't mine, it was saying "You know this will return to you, if he dies because of it, you die" It seemed worried, like he was worried about me, I knew it was my spirit guide, so he was wishing for me to do the right choice, and I did, I removed the lemon, I stopped that curse.
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
Greek_Male_Witch

Re: Supernatural tv show and thoughts

OK my mistake, it talks about Black Witches...
Seek

Post by Seek »

I enjoy the show because I just dig the whole feel of it. And what I find really awesoem is that in most cases they really do their research and stick to the lore of them. i.e. the Bloody Mary episode and the Hook Man.
Again, I said in most cases.
wiccawitchgirl

Post by wiccawitchgirl »

Seek wrote:I enjoy the show because I just dig the whole feel of it. And what I find really awesoem is that in most cases they really do their research and stick to the lore of them.
I so agree! I love the show smileydance
Only the body dies. The soul lives on. - Scott Cunningham
wiccanpisces

Post by wiccanpisces »

I still love the show, even if it became quite Christian themed.. I'm addicted :)
AlyssaImagine

Post by AlyssaImagine »

I don`t agree with lots of things on shows, but I still love them. Supernatural is an amazingly addicting show and I love it. I don`t agree with all of what it deals with, but I don`t think about that when I`m watching.
CristryShannon

Post by CristryShannon »

I dislike very very much this show...the first season was ok but then....almost everything that the show shows us are not real somehow...i tottaly agree with you Greek_Male_Witch!
The best words of <3 are hidding into the silence of a look...
What can't be heard it doesn't mean that it's not there...!
Peregrine

Post by Peregrine »

My husband got hooked on it back in 2006. I like it but I notice a lot of bloopers in their "research" just as I do with other forms of entertainment. Mostly I watch it because I think Sammy is sexy. I can be so shallow like that. :D

I recall one episode where Dean mentions some spirit (demon?) that was Zoroastrian and dated back to 2000 BC or something like that. From what I gather, as a religion it only dates back to around 600 BC. Even other sources who claim it has earlier origins date it only as far back as 1200 BC.

There was another episode about the so-called "Whore of Babylon." This most likely was a goddess of fertility, love, and war in Babylon, known as Ishtar (from whom "Easter" is named). In earlier times she was known as Inanna. She was not a cultish demon like in this show. In fact, there is an ancient story that dates back to almost 2000 BC where she went to the underworld and was murdered, body hanged on a stake for three days, then resurrected using the bread and water of life, keeping that story as short and simple as possible. In one account, she went to the underworld to challenge death of humans in general, thinking it unfair that children are taken too early from their father's arms, and husbands taken from their wives so soon, stuff like that. As the original Queen of Heaven, she was, I must admit, anything but virginal. She is the fertility goddess, after all. She could also be dangerous, as the goddess of war. Like the saying goes, all is fair in love and war.

The angel Raphael... ouch. In many ways I've seen him compared to the healing, life-giving powers of the sun. The sun brings warmth, happiness, healing, light to the darkness, and Raphael as the angel of healing and knowledge. He also is known for a sense of humor, because a happy heart makes a healthy body. In this show, however, he is very cold, humorless, stern, a petty tyrant, even cruel at times.

Cassiel... oops I mean "Castiel," good portrayal overall. Love that one! Cassiel has always been my favorite angel for many reasons, long before he made his appearance on this show. :)
It's like walking down an empty street, listening to your own footsteps. But all you have to do is knock on any door and say, "If you'll let me in, I'll live the way you want me to live. And I'll think the way you want me to think." And all the blinds will go up, and all the doors will open, and you'll never feel lonely. Ever again.

~Henry Drummond, "Inherit the Wind" (1960)
Greek_Male_Witch

I still watch the show, its just bugs me sometimes...
Moonface

Post by Moonface »

The show is awesome I was going to make a post on it.
MOTHERofDRAGONS

Post by MOTHERofDRAGONS »

I love it.. Never missed a show...... Maybe it's Dean..!?
Faerie_witch

Post by Faerie_witch »

I personally love this show. I can't get enough of it. I do realize that a lot of its information is wrong, but I also realize that it is a tv show. Every not-common piece of information will be dramatizedfor the shows benefit. Usually, if I feel like a certain 'fact' on the show is wrong, I'll research it and find the correct info. Then, I'll share it with my other Supernatural-loving friends. It doesn't bother me much because it is only one show out of countless others that gives wrong information about supernatural things.

:type:
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

MOTHERofDRAGONS wrote:I love it.. Never missed a show...... Maybe it's Dean..!?
Lol

The hair IS good.

I've never been able to watch it due to time constraints and my Twin Flame and I quit TV but you have all inspired me to check it out as I am going through a period of convalescence and well, you can only watch so many walls !!! :)
I am that which is attained at the end of desire
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Show seems more like a training film, like someone wants people to learn this stuff, with one of the most fancy fan sites I've ever seen (with a "cannon"?). It has an awful lot of esoteric information for a "Pop Esoterica" show, lol. Supernaturalwiki: A Supernatural Cannon and Fandom Resource

Faerie_witch wrote:I do realize that a lot of its information is wrong, but I also realize that it is a tv show...Usually, if I feel like a certain 'fact' on the show is wrong, I'll research it and find the correct info. Then, I'll share it with my other Supernatural-loving friends...
It looks like on that fan site when people become members, they can actually add/correct information in the site's Wiki information. Might be something you'd like to do.

-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

Yes Kassandra I agree, or it's like the information has been channelled for the purpose of entering the collective unconscious of the masses and bringing change. I don't know much about the writers... Are they pagan ?
I am that which is attained at the end of desire

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”